Thread: Christopher Lee passes away at 93

Dobber Sports Star

Default Christopher Lee passes away at 93

I was surprised to hear that he actually passed away on Sunday, since I hadn't heard anything about it until today. Most will remember him as Saruman or as Count Dooku, but his most memorable role for me was as Dracula. He scared the bejesus out of me in 1958's Horror of Dracula; definitely now one of my favourite horror movies of all time. Perhaps Horrorfan will agree with me in that they don't make horror films like they used to. RIP Sir Christopher Lee.

Rylant

I...am your father.

Default Re: Christopher Lee passes away at 93

He'll always be Count Dooku to me. And in my mind, this is how he passed away:

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Really sad to see him go. Being relatively young, I remember him most in LotR and Star Wars. RIP.

Dobber Sports Master

Such a wonderfully distinctive actor. He played some really memorable characters: Count Dooku, Saruman, Francisco Scaramanga (James Bond film), Fu Manchu, Sherlock Holmes, and of course, Count Dracula. As a Star Wars fan, he is Dooku to me too, but who can ignore these scenes:

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

93 is a good innings. He lived a full life. However, I'm sad to see him go. One of the greats for sure.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I was surprised to hear that he actually passed away on Sunday, since I hadn't heard anything about it until today. Most will remember him as Saruman or as Count Dooku, but his most memorable role for me was as Dracula. He scared the bejesus out of me in 1958's Horror of Dracula; definitely now one of my favourite horror movies of all time. Perhaps Horrorfan will agree with me in that they don't make horror films like they used to. RIP Sir Christopher Lee.

Rylant
    Shocking as this may sound, I've never seen one of his classic Dracula films, or at least not one in its entirety. I've never been big on Dracula in general, but from what I've seen of Lee, I'm sure they are classic performances in a classic role. When I think of Christopher Lee, the most memorable role was as Lord Summerisle in The Wicker Man. Great performance in a brilliant film.

RIP.