Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: June 8th - 2015 NHL Draft Q & A Thread

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: June 8th - 2015 NHL Draft Q & A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Who's the best stay at home dman in the draft that should be available after the first round? Especially those that would help in leagues that count stats like Hits, Blocked Shots and PK TOI.

Thank you.
    Brandon Carlo, Gabriel Carlsson, and Erik Cernak are three names mentioned in and around the end of the first round but could fall to the second. Nicolas Meloche is destined to be taken after the opening round and hits all of those categories as well.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ddtop View Post
    Two different league, two different setup. Can you tell me the order you would select your top 5 D-men considering those specific setup. Feel free to add one or two interesting player that could be worthy with those setup but available later in draft.
    Both league are H2H total pts.
    League 1- 0,1 for SOG / 1 for A and G / 0,2 for PIM and +-
    League 2- 0,2 for blocks / 1 for A and G / 0,5 for ppp / 0,1 for hits / - 0,2 for pim

As you nothice, league 2 gives alot of credit to defensive but not aggressive player due to the -0,2 per pim. For example, a Gorges is a good d-men in this league.
    Ty for doing this!

Not sure how this will play out but I will give it a go...

League 1: Provorov, Hanifin, Werenski, Kylington, Roy
    League 2: Hanifin, Werenski, Ryan Pilon, Kylington, Provorov .....don't think the Top 5 changes a whole lot but keep tabs on defenders like Gustav Bouramman, Brendan Guhle, Thomas Schemitsch, Grant Gabrielle as depth options in this format

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    My question is a more general one. When reading about the NHL draft for fantasy purposes, I read both fantasy and non-fantasy sources. The non-fantasy sources don't always give you an idea about what numbers a player may put up. In the first round, who are the players that will be better real-NHL players vs. Fantasy players?
    Lawson Crouse, Colin White, Jansen Harkins come to mind. All capable of putting up points but their all-around ability likely stands out more. On the blueline, Brandon Carlo, Erik Cernak and Jonas Siegenthaler come to mind. To some extent, I think Ivan Provorov will fall into this category as well. He'll be a high pick but in his prime, he's probably a 50 point guy. Not shabby but for a top pick that might temper some people's expectations. Ditto for Hanifin.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    A lot of people compare Hanifin to Jay Bouwmeester. For fantasy purposes, isn't he more like better version of Ryan Murray? A reliable D but with barely no offensive upside (by that I mean that 35pts is a reach). I have a real hard time ranking Hanifin over Werenski & Provorov especially fantasy wise.
    No. Hanifin's upside is MUCH larger than 35 points. Yes, I think he'll quickly himself as a reliable defender, like Ryan Murray (who hasn't even had a chance to show his stuff yet so don't limit his upside either), but I could see him topping 60 points in the right circumstance. I still think Hanifin has the highest offensive ceiling of Werenski and Provorov but those two aren't too far off either. The first three defenders are special

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post
    For the league in my sig I own picks 19, 28, and 31. Am I better off getting two players in the 20-31 range or should I try and package 28 and 31 to move up closer to 20?
    This seems like a "wait-and-see" situation come draft day. I'd recommend buying the Fantasy Prospects Report and putting together a Top 30 list. If you like the players better when the 20th pick comes due and there's one front-runner available then pitch the offer to trade up.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Still learning View Post
    Hi,
    I don't mind waiting, I just want to know who have the best upside. I know they are from different draft year, but you're the expert so that's why I'm asking.

In terms of highest offensive upside for fantasy purposes how would your rank the following prospects:

Domi (2014)
    Marner (2015)
    Puljujarvi (2016)
    Jones (2016)
    Patrick (2017)

Who is my best bet to hit a homerun, if I don't mind to wait.

Thanks

Marner (2015)
    Puljujarvi (2016)
    Jones (2016)
    Patrick (2017)
    Domi (2014)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What do you think about David Cotton?

Great season in the USHS, good size but I suspect bad attitude. Where could he go? Is he sleeper material?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hi Dean, question may be a little late but other than McDavid and Eichel, who do you see sticking with the big club? Although it's hard to project without a team attached to them, any players you have a hunch are in the NHL to stay?