Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Top 30 prospects for your upcoming Prospect Draft.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: My Top 30 prospects for your upcoming Prospect Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    That's fine but I don't think you understand what "poor man's" means. That pretty much means he wouldn't make the NHL or he'll be scoring 20 points per season.

I hope other people in my draft see him that way if that's the case. It's pretty unlikely that he isn't at least as good as Benoit Pouliot.
    I am well aware of what it means. It means he is similar to, but might not be quite as good.

It's not like I am hoping the kid is a flop; I am just not that high on him. If I didn't want him, I wouldn't have put him on my list at all.

As I say, if he's still there for me after the previous 13 went and I am up, I'd take the gamble on him but I like the 13 in front of him on my list more. I guess I have more faith in them hitting their potential. I just see him as a gamble that I am not willing to take early on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/...nasty-leagues/
    Now that I am pretty much done my draft in the one league that drafts prior to the actual one, I am comfortable sharing my own personal top 30 ranking. Give it a read and let me know what you think.
    That's a great idea and I wish my league drafted before the actual NHL draft..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Everything I have seen/read about White just screams "Travis Zajac" to me for some reason so I didn't have him rated in my to 30. I prefer Senyshyn to him because I don't think we have even seen anything close to what he brings yet. Playing on a deep Soo team, he didn't get the opportunities this year that he could have to showcase what he will bring. Once a few of their key players graduate this year, Senyshyn will play a more dominate role with the Greyhounds and you will see a big jump in his numbers.

White wasn't far outside my top 30 but I backed off him for this reason.
    I have similar concerns with White but I did rank him a little bit higher at #28. The other player I have in my Top-30 who you don't is Thomas Chabot (#30).

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Chabot but as I mentioned in the column, D tend to slip in a lot of fantasy drafts so while he is easily top 30 talent, I doubt I would draft him in the top 30.

Similar to Zboril when Yzerman's Legacy mentioned him earlier.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."