Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

I like that I can email my service manager to book appt. for vehicle servicing but dislike the ''survey'' email sent the next day .

Nobody really went over and beyond their job function when it was a simple seasonal tire switchover that I booked well in advance so I dont feel the need to pat anyone on the back for this .

However , one cold stretch of -35 celcius temps my block heater cord became frayed and they took me in without an appointment and I made it a point to fill survey with glowing remarks .

Dobber Sports Padawan

Toilet paper rolls being put on so they don't roll in the correct direction and dispense the paper in the way god intended them too.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Toilet paper rolls being put on so they don't roll in the correct direction and dispense the paper in the way god intended them too.
    Over or under?

PS... god doesn't use toilet paper. He thinks the poo away.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Over or under?

PS... god doesn't use toilet paper. He thinks the poo away.
    If you put a roll on so it must roll towards the wall then you're no friend of mine.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Trying to get an answer from the CRA.... never get someone on the phone that can actually answer a question about a letter that they sent out.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Doctors. I have a 9:15 appt. Office opens at 9:00. I see my doctor arriving at 9:00. I went in thinking I'm his first patient. Nope. 3rd. Really? How does he expect to get through 2 patients in less than 15 minutes? I did get called at 9:13 but had to wait until 9:45. So basically, he was already behind after his 1st patient. Just glad my appointment wasn't at 2:00.

The Great One

Had an appointment yesterday at 10:20.

Arrived at 10:15.

Didn't see the doctor till 10:50.

Terrible.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Had an appointment yesterday at 10:20.

Arrived at 10:15.

Didn't see the doctor till 10:50.

Terrible.
    Ha ha. Actually that's amazing considering it wasn't the 3rd appt of the day 15 minutes after the office opened. Lucky guy.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Doctors. I have a 9:15 appt. Office opens at 9:00. I see my doctor arriving at 9:00. I went in thinking I'm his first patient. Nope. 3rd. Really? How does he expect to get through 2 patients in less than 15 minutes? I did get called at 9:13 but had to wait until 9:45. So basically, he was already behind after his 1st patient. Just glad my appointment wasn't at 2:00.
    30 minutes is alot of time to spend in the ''in between'' room but hopefully the doc didnt rush your appt.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    30 minutes is alot of time to spend in the ''in between'' room but hopefully the doc didnt rush your appt.
    I wasn't rushed but I don't how much time he allotted for my appointment. Just a follow up on some blood work so maybe 15 minutes.

If my appointment was at 12:15, 1:15, 2:15 or 3:15 and this happened, I would have been quite pleased, but the point is, my appointment was 15 minutes after the office opened. If he is 30 minutes behind after just 15 minutes of opening with his 3rd patient, i'm sure glad i didn't have the 1:15 appointment because at that rate, the wait could have been as much as 4 hours. Hope he picked it up after my appointment.

I'm guessing he did not allot enough time for each of his patients so that he could squeeze in as many as possible. I would just prefer they told me he was fully booked for that day since there was no urgency for my appointment.

Again, this would not be an issue if it was later in the day.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Doctors operate on scale. They fill the day calendar and allocate 5-10mins per appointment, but bill gov't 30-45mins. The more bookings the better. This is how they make money. This way a 'cancellation' does not really affect the bottom line, as there are another 2-3 patients waiting to be seen. A good 'biller' will make sure they bill 10-12 hours per day for an 8hr shift. Billable hours is always a bit shady. The only way around it is salary, but you'd never see a doctor operate in N. Alberta on salary. Everyone needs incentive.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    Doctors operate on scale. They fill the day calendar and allocate 5-10mins per appointment, but bill gov't 30-45mins. The more bookings the better. This is how they make money. This way a 'cancellation' does not really affect the bottom line, as there are another 2-3 patients waiting to be seen. A good 'biller' will make sure they bill 10-12 hours per day for an 8hr shift. Billable hours is always a bit shady. The only way around it is salary, but you'd never see a doctor operate in N. Alberta on salary. Everyone needs incentive.
    Now that makes perfect sense.

Thanks Run. Rep for you.

Dobber Sports Titan

How Tim Horton's removed the Garbages in the Drive Thru lanes because "customers don't sort their garbage properly". When they don't even sort it inside the store (it's garbage and cardboard, no recycling bin). It's clearly because more people use the bins in the DT lane, which means more pickups by Waste Management, which means more money.

Saying they are doing it for the environment but did pilots to get rid of their reusable cups (the mugs), promote disposable cups with promotions (roll up the rim), and have more things shipping around the country then ever before (gas/carbon emissions) is just a bold face lie and it's annoying. Just say it's to save money.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    How Tim Horton's removed the Garbages in the Drive Thru lanes because "customers don't sort their garbage properly". When they don't even sort it inside the store (it's garbage and cardboard, no recycling bin). It's clearly because more people use the bins in the DT lane, which means more pickups by Waste Management, which means more money.

Saying they are doing it for the environment but did pilots to get rid of their reusable cups (the mugs), promote disposable cups with promotions (roll up the rim), and have more things shipping around the country then ever before (gas/carbon emissions) is just a bold face lie and it's annoying. Just say it's to save money.
    I do believe there were other factors at play in their decision such as the outdoor garbage cans attract hornets and they were blowing over in high winds and hitting peoples cars.

I agree that it is a minor annoyance not to have them anymore but I made a conscious effort to not let it bother me to any extent when it started happening. Because really, it isn?t that difficult to clean my truck out regularly at a garbage can.

Still a good ?irk? though

*Edit* - I just realized that may have came off as kind of condescending. Didn?t mean it that way, just wanted to point out that it?s something that doesn?t take long to adjust to if you go at it with the right mindset

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I do believe there were other factors at play in their decision such as the outdoor garbage cans attract hornets and they were blowing over in high winds and hitting peoples cars.

I agree that it is a minor annoyance not to have them anymore but I made a conscious effort to not let it bother me to any extent when it started happening. Because really, it isn?t that difficult to clean my truck out regularly at a garbage can.

Still a good ?irk? though

*Edit* - I just realized that may have came off as kind of condescending. Didn?t mean it that way, just wanted to point out that it?s something that doesn?t take long to adjust to if you go at it with the right mindset
    I think the bees/blow over was something they latched onto when people (that weren't associated to the decision) were pointing out other reasons for the removal on newspaper articles and on twitter. I don't think they ever made that part of the original reason.

And oh no it's not a big deal for me, as I just do it at a gas station now, but it does irk me when you see the spots where they used to be and you have a dirty tissue and just know you used to be able too.

(didn't read it with any condescending tone at all, you're good)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll