Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Late night sports solely because when you get home, you can’t sleep. I had indoor soccer 10-11pm, stayed up to watch the cubbies, didn’t get to sleep till 1230am, woke up at 5am for work. 2014OG is nottttttttt having fun this morning.

And Sunday was a 10-11pm ice hockey, and Tuesday was a 9-10pm hockey but didn’t get on till 920, so I was home by 11pm. I need a nap.
    You obviously have too many things going on. I think you need to quit your job. That will solve all of the problems you mentioned.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    You obviously have too many things going on. I think you need to quit your job. That will solve all of the problems you mentioned.
    1 problem solved, then many more problems created lol
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

It has been said before, but:

Texting and driving.

For ever loving effing 9 billionth time... just don't. I can guarantee you nothing you are typing into your phone will driving is worth the 'oops I just killed a kid' sensation. No. One. Thing.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post

Texting and driving.

For ever loving effing 9 billionth time... just don't. I can guarantee you nothing you are typing into your phone will driving is worth the 'oops I just killed a kid' sensation. No. One. Thing.
    I whole-hardheartedly agree with this, but I'll add Breaking. Up. Sentences. With. Superfluous. Periods. And. Capitalized. Words. To. Emphasize. A. Point. to the things that irk pile

Dobber Sports Pro

Texting and driving.

You are behind the times man. Most of the people you see with phones in hand these days are web browsing and driving. Reading the news, online shopping, you know... attention spans are too short for just driving now.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I whole-hardheartedly agree with this, but I'll add Breaking. Up. Sentences. With. Superfluous. Periods. And. Capitalized. Words. To. Emphasize. A. Point. to the things that irk pile
    I. Totally. Agree.

Someday someone will kill me in my sleep...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

Tipping in general upsets me, the whole process is screwed up (in NA, in Europe I like it). It's built off of the depression where ppl with money tipping for the "better cut of meat" or "the better seat". Then business owners realized this and lowered the pay for the waiters and stuff to increase their profit. There's no other business that makes the customer pay for the employees wage directly (waiters/servers minimum wage is lower). You don't buy a sweater and tip the cashier.

Or when at a bar if I don't tip, I'm not getting served a second time usually. Makes sense to the worker, why serve me if I'm tipping $1 (to open a god damn can btw) when someone will tip $2. You're paying for the next service which I dunno, the whole thing is just screwy with me. I'm more than willing to tip if you make a complicated drink, or go above and beyond, but pouring a pint, or opening a can/bottle shouldn't be tipped.

But I have a friend who works all the time as a bartender and she is strongly for tipping based on "why would you work harder for the same pay", and I get that, but serving isn't the only thing you should be doing (only activity that gets you paid extra).

I also hate when you pay a $5 beer with a $10 bill and get 1 twoonie, 2 loonies, and 8 quarters. Give me the god damn $5, or give me 5 loonies, now you're just getting 50 cents tip.

Dobber Sports Monster

officepools ... keeps going down all the time!

Dobber Sports Pro

Tipping in general upsets me, the whole process is screwed up (in NA, in Europe I like it).
    Careful man. Some people are super passionate about this topic. It could get ugly lol.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Tipping in general upsets me, the whole process is screwed up (in NA, in Europe I like it). It's built off of the depression where ppl with money tipping for the "better cut of meat" or "the better seat". Then business owners realized this and lowered the pay for the waiters and stuff to increase their profit. There's no other business that makes the customer pay for the employees wage directly (waiters/servers minimum wage is lower). You don't buy a sweater and tip the cashier.

Or when at a bar if I don't tip, I'm not getting served a second time usually. Makes sense to the worker, why serve me if I'm tipping $1 (to open a god damn can btw) when someone will tip $2. You're paying for the next service which I dunno, the whole thing is just screwy with me. I'm more than willing to tip if you make a complicated drink, or go above and beyond, but pouring a pint, or opening a can/bottle shouldn't be tipped.

But I have a friend who works all the time as a bartender and she is strongly for tipping based on "why would you work harder for the same pay", and I get that, but serving isn't the only thing you should be doing (only activity that gets you paid extra).

I also hate when you pay a $5 beer with a $10 bill and get 1 twoonie, 2 loonies, and 8 quarters. Give me the god damn $5, or give me 5 loonies, now you're just getting 50 cents tip.
    I agree. Although, my daughters were both serving during their university days, so I got a new perspective for tipping. Most, not all, do work their butts off. I do usually tip 20% BUT, I will only count the 20% on the pre-tax amount. I won't give them 20% on the governments part of the bill.

So true about Europe. I was in a couple of countries last year and it's not uncommon to leave a e20 tip on a e400 bill.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Careful man. Some people are super passionate about this topic. It could get ugly lol.
    I think people are passionate about them earning money, not the actual tipping. If you changed the lower minimum pay, tipping would change from expected to "earned" (Im not saying they dont earn it already)

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I agree. Although, my daughters were both serving during their university days, so I got a new perspective for tipping. Most, not all, do work their butts off. I do usually tip 20% BUT, I will only count the 20% on the pre-tax amount. I won't give them 20% on the governments part of the bill.

So true about Europe. I was in a coupole of countries last year and it's not uncommon to leave a e20 tip on a e400 bill.
    Change the minimum from lower than minimum to actual minimum and everything changes. That's what I dont like. The business gets away with paying them lower pay, and expecting the customer to give money so they can have a decent living. I worked at McDonalds and worked my butt off and no one ever tipped me. It's still a service industry, just not bar service. Restaurants across NA have people working hard, but the company actually pays them and we don't tip because.......because why?

That's what i dont like about it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

sterling-archer-meme-generator-just-the-tip-10e54b.jpg
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

There is little to no tipping in New Zealand. The staff just get paid a decent wage instead. I honestly can't remember the last time I tipped. Tipping is one of the dumbest things that people in NA accept.

You can feel strongly about it all you want. It just means that you have been taken by the employers more than you should be. The job of the employer is to pay the employee. The job of the customer is to pay the business who is selling the product they want.

Dobber Sports Monster

TV Related Issue (NHL Center Ice Channel)

I'm watching the Buffalo/Boston game, ROR scores the OT Winner but theyre challenging whether or not the goalie was interfered with, then they cut the broadcast. C mon Ref ..... What a joke

edit, they turned the broadcast back on just before they announced ROR's goal was good LMAO

Dobber Sports Guru

Texting and driving.

I often wonder how effective PSAs like this are. Not even for people watching it, but for the kids in the video. How many of them said they would never text and drive again, and were back doing it six months later?

It surprises me this hasn't become more of an issue. Companies could probably invest in technology that would prevent phones from somehow being used in cars. Instead, companies invest in technology to make it easier to use wi-fi in cars.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid