Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    lmao
    It has a weird almost passive-aggressive or condescending undertone to the statement which is annoying as heck! WELL .... anything passive aggressive in general is annoying as hell too!
    If you want the slightly classier version start your sentence with "with all due respect" ...
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There's a reason I only watch games and avoid all of the other coverage on TV and mainstream sites. If the game starts at 7:00 I turn the TV on at 7:05 and mute the intermissions for the most part. FWIW my intermission muting tradition began with Coach's Corner.
    Agreed completely. Except the Coach's Corner part, I love to laugh.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I know what I'm about to write is hockey-related but I don't care. It's going here anyway.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Cyclists stopping for a red light...IN THE BLOODY CROSSWALK. It's bad enough that I have to dodge cars trying to turn right on a red light when I get the walk light, but lately I've encountered a couple of unapologetic cyclists who have no issue with stopping right in the crosswalk. I guess the rules of the road only apply to cars, hey guys! Clowns.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

My fantasy team. Currently at negative points while the leader just broke 100pts. Literally would have a better team with no one on it.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

I got my dog a GoPro harness so I can see where he runs off to at the cottage, but he doesn't move when it's on.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I got my dog a GoPro harness so I can see where he runs off to at the cottage, but he doesn't move when it's on.
    Haha, sounds like when we put a harness on my cat. It's like she doesn't realize movement is still an option.

Dobber Sports Master

I never came across a mouse in the house that stored bird seeds like this champ .

laundry hamper , seeds everywhere .wintery type clothing closet , seeds everywhere .

we stopped feeding the birds around our neighbourhood ever since a black bear took off with the bird feeder probably 7 yrs ago. However- my wife kept a sealed bag in the garage buried with some other ''I'll get to it someday'' stuff .Sure enough , the little bugger found it and chewed through bag and started a little stashing campaign in the house.

we keep traps set year round and can go years without any sign of mice but every once in awhile we get a little bugger

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Haha, sounds like when we put a harness on my cat. It's like she doesn't realize movement is still an option.
    I went to a family friends cottage for thanksgiving and we took my dog. I went up on Friday, my parents and my dog went up Thursday. To get him used to the harness I told them to put it on him without the camera. They do, he instantly runs off, comes back 20min later, no harness on. He lost the damn harness somehow.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

There are so many words in the english language that are spelled the same way but have different meanings. Such as, 'read' (present) and 'read' (past). Why not put a 'W' in front of the past tense read. Wread! There. lol At least they are pronounced differently, unlike others.

There is 'bow', as in bow tie and 'bow' as in the front of a boat. Wasn't 'boe' available?
    Then there is 'fair' as in a carnaval, and 'fair' as in a judgement. 'Bass' as in the fish, and 'bass' as in the musical note. Hey, I think 'bais' is availble.
    Others, 'wind' as in weather, and 'wind' as in activating something mechanical. 'Lead' as in providing direction, and 'lead' as in the metal.

I'm no linguist but, this has to be tough on people learning the english language as adults. AAh whatever. Or is it what ever?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    There are so many words in the english language that are spelled the same way but have different meanings. Such as, 'read' (present) and 'read' (past). Why not put a 'W' in front of the past tense read. Wread! There. lol At least they are pronounced differently, unlike others.

There is 'bow', as in bow tie and 'bow' as in the front of a boat. Wasn't 'boe' available?
    Then there is 'fair' as in a carnaval, and 'fair' as in a judgement. 'Bass' as in the fish, and 'bass' as in the musical note. Hey, I think 'bais' is availble.
    Others, 'wind' as in weather, and 'wind' as in activating something mechanical. 'Lead' as in providing direction, and 'lead' as in the metal.

I'm no linguist but, this has to be tough on people learning the english language as adults. AAh whatever. Or is it what ever?
    Read rhymes with lead and read rhymes with lead. But read doesn't rhyme with lead and read doesn't rhyme with lead.

Dobber Sports Genius

1) Colds in general. Off three days this week with head chest cold. Gnarly little thing.
    2) Losing the dishcloth in the sink as it's buried under 3 pounds of dirty pots.
    3) Not knowing how to spell Gnarly. Thanks google.
    4) My neighbor was running his chainsaw across the road at 4AM this morning! I know this because I was awake coughing my brains out and because chainsaws at high speeds are LOUD!! He's into carving wood products and apparently getting an early start on his work. Again 4am! pitch black! He took off to timmies for his 330am coffee and that must have jacked him up. May look into noise bi-laws around here or ask one of several OPP officers on my street to address his antics. He usually starts banging around in his driveway around 5am but this was a new record.
    Anyone else here deal with dumb dumb neighbors? no concept of respect or machines that produce high pitch sounds?
    This was with my fan running and the windows closed.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Veteran

When I haven't used my pressure cooker since last winter, and all I want to make is a damned pot roast and I can't find the stupid little weight that acts as a steam regulator, and I tear the ENTIRE ****ING KITCHEN APART looking for the stupid thing, only to find it in the junk drawer I never use. 90 minutes of my life. I could have just cooked the flipping roast in the oven in that time...
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Read rhymes with lead and read rhymes with lead. But read doesn't rhyme with lead and read doesn't rhyme with lead.
    There is no rhyme or reason I guess.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Anyone else here deal with dumb dumb neighbors? no concept of respect or machines that produce high pitch sounds?
    This was with my fan running and the windows closed.
    You out in the country or something? You could hold a rave on your property. With those massive speakers going boom, boom, boom and O.D.'ing teenagers flopping on his property, I'm sure he'd come over for a discussion about noise. Just make sure you are armed because you might be heading into a chainsaw fight and you'll want a firearm. My ideas aren't usually great at amicably solving problems, but they can be fun as long as you don't mind conflict.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket