Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

When someone continually ends their statement making it sound like a question.

Tyler Dellow recently did this nonstop on a PDO podcast.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    It irks me when people schedule meetings with little to no notice. Schedule at 7pm a meeting for 9am? You should be kicked in the nuts!
    My boss is a woman... what do I do when it happens???
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    My boss is a woman... what do it do when it happens???
    I was told (by a female friend who does full contact karate) that being kicked in the lady parts is still pretty painful, so equal pay means equal treatment? No need to discriminate, a kick to the junk it is.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

Flat tires.

Hadn't had one in 20 years. Had one tonight. My second in the last two months. ARGH!!!!!!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Flat tires.

Hadn't had one in 20 years. Had one tonight. My second in the last two months. ARGH!!!!!!
    Had one about 6 weeks ago. Woke up 5:30AM, nice and cool in the morning, thought why not take a drive over to Tim Hortons and start my day off right. Just when I was leaving the drive thru the guy behind me was honking his horn, i knew why .... then i started feeling the rumbling of the tires and spent about 35 minutes changing the dam thing.

I feel your pain

--------------------------------------------------------------------

another thing that irks me is the Summer season. I don't like the heat, love Autumn season because its nice and cool, hockey season starting, hockey drafts are flippin exciting. Can't wait for September/October to arrive, sucks that I'm still evacuated because of the fires too.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Standing at the urinal with a full bladder, getting about 1/8th of the way in and then realizing that you really should have sat down and spend the rest of the time clenching until you can empty your bladder.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

I got a flat tire on a large highway bridge with barley a shoulder (i was half in the slow lane when pulled over) and decided Eff this and called CAA (AAA for americans), my wait was 45minutes before a truck got there, so I had to sit in the sun on the side of this highway praying not to be smoked from behind for 45minutes. After about 30 tho a cop came up and was behind me with his lights on to help out.

Got towed to a tire place, ended up needing all 4 tires replaced because the damn tires were all cracking up the sidewall. This is how it blew too, it got jacked up and i could just pull it right off the rim like a ring.

10458371_10152454731552999_4198954149880003994_n.jpg
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I got a flat tire on a large highway bridge with barley a shoulder (i was half in the slow lane when pulled over) and decided Eff this and called CAA (AAA for americans), my wait was 45minutes before a truck got there, so I had to sit in the sun on the side of this highway praying not to be smoked from behind for 45minutes. After about 30 tho a cop came up and was behind me with his lights on to help out.

Got towed to a tire place, ended up needing all 4 tires replaced because the damn tires were all cracking up the sidewall. This is how it blew too, it got jacked up and i could just pull it right off the rim like a ring.

10458371_10152454731552999_4198954149880003994_n.jpg
    CAA is a great membership to have. I highly recommend it to those who have young ones driving. It's a little peace of mind for us parents and it's fairly inexpensive. Great gift.
    I have actually used it twice in the past month. Once for a tow and once to unlock my doors after locking my keys in the car. Took the guy about 3 minutes.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I saw a guy this past weekend with a complete flat, driving on the road (hazards on).
    I said to my wife "Oh man, that guy needs to pull over".
    He was in the right lane and there was a nice small sub-division coming... on the right.
    And... he kept driving! (As a I passed him, it was some 20s something guy... in a BMW.)

I felt like an old-man, because I said "WTF, don't millenials know how to pull over and change a tire!"
    (Oh... and I shook my head... I'm THAT old-man. Gah. In my defense, I've changed 4-5 in my lifetime, including one in dark night, during a rainstorm on some farmtown gravelly road in middle-NewF'd in 2005.)

Dobber Sports Veteran

This flat I got last nigh irked me soooo much.

Happened on a highway, but fortunately far enough along that the next exit was the one I usually take. Had enough air to get to that exit, so I was about 2.5 miles from home when I pulled over to address it.

I have the usual scissor jack and t-bar lug wrench in the little hidden compartment in the trunk. But of course I'm on my way home from work, so I'm dressed in office work clothes. And it was an unusually humid evening. Plus I'm operating physically at somewhat less than 100% after tearing my ACL and meniscus last month, so I don't really feel like struggling with the basic tool set knowing that I have a proper 3 ton jack and impact wrench at home.

I also have the AAA membership but am in no mood to wait the 30-60 minutes I know it'll take the guys to get there. And in any event, even if I wanted to, I'm not even sure how to describe to them exactly where I pulled over so they can find me. Hard to explain, but this particular exit dumps you into a little dead-end/non-descript office building parking lot that then connects up with another street of a completely different name -- in fact, I'll expand on this topic in another things that irk me post -- so unless the guy's local, good luck to him in trying to understand what the hell I'm talking about. He might even come straight down the proper exit and not even see me.

So assessing the situation, I finally decide to hook up the portable compressor that I also store in the trunk (the kind that plugs into the accessory jack/cig lighter), and see how much air I can keep in this thing to get home. I can literally hear and feel air hissing out as I'm filling it, but after working that compressor hard get the tire to a good enough PSI that I decide to give it a go. I know that there's a service station with air about halfway between where I am and my house, so I'll break it up in chunks and give it a go.

I drive about a mile, and the tire is getting real squishy again. Stop at the service station, give it another fill, and drive the remaining 1 - 1.5 miles home. Walk in, drop off the work bag. Change the clothes. Crack open an IPA on my way back to the garage and put on the spare, muttering to myself the entire time.

Drove it into the shop this morning to get a(nother) new tire. Damn it all.

W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another things that irks me: roads/streets that suddenly change names for no reason whatsoever.

Like, in my area, you can be at a 4 way intersection of completely straight roads, and neither the N/S nor the E/W portions of that intersection are the same name on either side of the traffic light. So you're at an intersection of 4 completely unique street names, despite it really being just a normal intersection of two streets. Or you can be driving on a windy road that's no longer than 2 miles or so from end to end, and its name changes to something completely different at some random point.

Think it has to do with historic road names in various hamlets and villages (some incorporated, some unincorporated) that later in time all became part of the same town, yet remain distinct hamlets and villages for tax and other districting purposes.

I don't know. But's it's really stupid and annoying.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'd like to point out I love cars, do work on them all the time, and know how to change a tire and even throw in a plug quickly. I've changed way to many of my friends after getting a call from them asking how to do it. Instead I go to them and talk them through it in person. I just had no reason to try and do it on a highway bridge during "hometime rush hour" (everyone still going 100+km/hr) myself.

Blows my mind my generation (I'm 26) and lower have little knowledge of on small things like changing a tire. However my biggest fear is having to call CAA to come if I can't undo my tire from under my truck now, so every time I wash my truck I WD-40 it after it's semi dry.

CAA is a great thing to have just in case. However I use the perks more than the service way more often.

12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Flies that just won't leave you alone or that follow you from room to room. Heaven's sake! I think that they think my dark hair is their mother ship. Usually suck them up with the vacuum cleaner.
    Black flies, deer flies, horse flies. enough said.
    Saw another car last night (10ish) without tail lights on and likely running only day light head beams. Pretty much a ghost car coming up from behind him.
    People who suddenly stop to let another person make a turn when "we" have the right away. How am I to know you're going to jam on the brakes for another person? Makes no sense to me and it is very dangerous despite your good intentions.
    Same goes for those who nearly come to a stop on train tracks especially those tracks who cross roads where cars reach 100km/h. You are not a school bus. If you are going to slow to half of your speed, put on your hazards or wave a white flag out your window. Again, dangerous. Your car will be fine at 55-75km/h.

Earwigs. What's their deal?
    Gas prices. $1.06 at two stations in town, $.97 at another. Guess where I went.
    Yes CAA is a great investment. Fuse box went on truck a few years back, and they came to the home, towed the truck to the dealership (2mins away) and then he drove me back home. Arrived in 20 minutes and this was on a Sunday afternoon after a heavy sleet/ice rain storm.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Another things that irks me: roads/streets that suddenly change names for no reason whatsoever.

Like, in my area, you can be at a 4 way intersection of completely straight roads, and neither the N/S nor the E/W portions of that intersection are the same name on either side of the traffic light. So you're at an intersection of 4 completely unique street names, despite it really being just a normal intersection of two streets. Or you can be driving on a windy road that's no longer than 2 miles or so from end to end, and its name changes to something completely different at some random point.

Think it has to do with historic road names in various hamlets and villages (some incorporated, some unincorporated) that later in time all became part of the same town, yet remain distinct hamlets and villages for tax and other districting purposes.

I don't know. But's it's really stupid and annoying.
    Then you have other areas where a street actually continues a block away. Lol. That's when you change the name.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Then you have other areas where a street actually continues a block away. Lol. That's when you change the name.
    Yes, that happens too!

I think the city planners were drunk. That's the only possible explanation I can think of.