Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Yeah, I hate opportunities to make new friends
    Although I know you were being facetious, I thought I'd point out that I'm not even close to shy and I could enjoy a conversation with a hole in the wall. But if you invite me to something you need to let me know the context. Party? Got it, lots of others. Dinner with some friends? Got it, more than just us and I can choose whether to ask who else is invited or not. But not saying anything is wrong...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Although I know you were being facetious, I thought I'd point out that I'm not even close to shy and I could enjoy a conversation with a hole in the wall. But if you invite me to something you need to let me know the context. Party? Got it, lots of others. Dinner with some friends? Got it, more than just us and I can choose whether to ask who else is invited or not. But not saying anything is wrong...
    Yeah, I see where you are coming from. Personally I like when another couple is there because it takes a little bit of pressure off. More minds/mouths = less need to carry the conversation or at least be the one making sure it moves along. But like you said, advance notice would be better than a surprise.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post

Friend/acquaintance and their significant other invites you and your significant other over for dinner or out to dinner. You say sounds great. You show up, and as it turns out another couple (that you may or may not know/like) is there and you had no idea that anyone else was invited.
    Kinda similar:

I hope this isn't more common now but it was becoming common 10-15 years ago when my group of friends were getting married and having their first child and that is the dreaded couples shower. Showers that are for women and their husband. I sure as hell do not want to go with my wife to a bridal shower at 11 AM on a Sunday for her cousin and watch her open kitchen and linen gifts. I went to one of these telling my wife "never again."
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Kinda similar:

I hope this isn't more common now but it was becoming common 10-15 years ago when my group of friends were getting married and having their first child and that is the dreaded couples shower. Showers are for women and the husband. I sure as hell do not want to go with my wife to a bridal shower at 11 AM on a Sunday for her cousin and watch her open kitchen and linen gifts. I went to one of these before telling my wife "never again."
    I was at my parents house for the weekend last yr, and i wake up walk down stairs in my boxers with my shorts in hand to go have a shower and about 5 of my sisters closest friends were there setting up for a bridal shower i had no idea was going to be happening at my house (my sister was the maid of honour and was having it at my parents house). So i had to get lost for like 4 hrs on a Sunday afternoon. That was quite the shock.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I was at my parents house for the weekend last yr, and i wake up walk down stairs in my boxers with my shorts in hand to go have a shower and about 5 of my sisters closest friends were there setting up for a bridal shower i had no idea was going to be happening at my house (my sister was the maid of honour and was having it at my parents house). So i had to get lost for like 4 hrs on a Sunday afternoon. That was quite the shock.
    Did you have morning glory?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Did you have morning glory?
    If it was my place I would have, but thinking my parents were the ones downstairs I made sure I didn’t have…morning timber….the worst part was the porcelain pounding that happened pre-shower in the bathroom. Those poor girls didn’t know what hit them when they opened the bathroom door.

Dobber Sports Pro

the worst part was the porcelain pounding that happened pre-shower in the bathroom. Those poor girls didn’t know what hit them when they opened the bathroom door.
    Pre-shower? Gotta hold off til after the shower so you don't have to marinate in the smell lol.

Dobber Sports Monster

do you guys ever get mice in your place? was just going to sleep then i hear something then i see a dam mouse running along the wall. ended up trapping it, so gross

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    do you guys ever get mice in your place? was just going to sleep then i hear something then i see a dam mouse running along the wall. ended up trapping it, so gross
    The house I lived in Senior year in college had mice. You could hear them running around in the walls. One day I bought two mouse traps and a jar of peanut butter. Killed 50+ mice in about 3 hours. I would hear one trap go off, go to remove the mouse and re-bait it, and before I finished that I would hear the other one go off. It was pretty disgusting.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    The house I lived in Senior year in college had mice. You could hear them running around in the walls. One day I bought two mouse traps and a jar of peanut butter. Killed 50+ mice in about 3 hours. I would hear one trap go off, go to remove the mouse and re-bait it, and before I finished that I would hear the other one go off. It was pretty disgusting.
    Fifty?? wow. I'm not as tough as you, once a mouse gets trapped in one i just throw out the trap lol. This one i caught this morning was still alive when i got to it, had to kill it with my hockey stick. the trap snapped around his lower back.

you dont get any at ur new place?

Dobber Sports Titan

I had a rat that was eating my hockey equipment (taking the foam for his nest). I’d hear it scratching on the floorboards from inside the wall and I’d move and it would stop. So for a month I thought I was going crazy thinking I’m hearing things. But then I noticed the hockey equipment. So I got rat traps with poison. He was eating the poison but I couldn’t find a body. Finally had to call an exterminator. He said the dog food I have has a protein called K9 which is actually an antidote for the rat poison I was using. So the damn rat kept getting stronger cause I was freaking feeding it!

Finally I opened the door to the crawl space and this massive rat that was likely doing curls and deadlifts with my assortment of bolts and such. I was so happy. I also ended up realizing he came from under the house through the hole where the sump-pump I installed was. Fixed that mess and no more rats.

Dobber Sports Monster

I had a rat that was eating my hockey equipment (taking the foam for his nest). I’d hear it scratching on the floorboards from inside the wall and I’d move and it would stop. So for a month I thought I was going crazy thinking I’m hearing things. But then I noticed the hockey equipment. So I got rat traps with poison. He was eating the poison but I couldn’t find a body. Finally had to call an exterminator. He said the dog food I have has a protein called K9 which is actually an antidote for the rat poison I was using. So the damn rat kept getting stronger cause I was freaking feeding it!

Finally I opened the door to the crawl space and this massive rat that was likely doing curls and deadlifts with my assortment of bolts and such. I was so happy. I also ended up realizing he came from under the house through the hole where the sump-pump I installed was. Fixed that mess and no more rats.
    that is sick. did you ever hear from the rat again? whats funny is i lived in this one house for like 18 years and not one mouse the whole time, it was in the city and the place im at now is near the woods.

Dobber Sports Titan

that is sick. did you ever hear from the rat again? whats funny is i lived in this one house for like 18 years and not one mouse the whole time, it was in the city and the place im at now is near the woods.
    I found it dead, so I got a shovel and picked it up and damn the SOB was heavy! The dick cost me a new pair of gloves (took the leather off the palms, just the palms), tape off my sticks (just the handle), holes all over my bag, my shin pads, elbow pads, and pants all had missing foam.

The exterminator said rats don't go "UP" normally, so no stairs and such. But it CLIMBED UP to get my dog food. The thing would have ruled rat countries if he put his mind to it, the guy was ridiculous. Imagine the legends if you were a rat of this special rat who ate poison and lived, and also could climb?!

Dobber Sports Pro

Fifty?? wow. I'm not as tough as you, once a mouse gets trapped in one i just throw out the trap lol. This one i caught this morning was still alive when i got to it, had to kill it with my hockey stick. the trap snapped around his lower back.

you dont get any at ur new place?
    That is the worst when the trap doesn't strike a killing blow... just smashes their spine and intestines and leaves them suffering. I am sure the mouse appreciated the hockey stick at that point.

I've not seen a mouse at any of the other dozen or so places I've lived over the course of my life. Guess I've been lucky for the most part.

The Wolverine

I found it dead, so I got a shovel and picked it up and damn the SOB was heavy! The dick cost me a new pair of gloves (took the leather off the palms, just the palms), tape off my sticks (just the handle), holes all over my bag, my shin pads, elbow pads, and pants all had missing foam.

The exterminator said rats don't go "UP" normally, so no stairs and such. But it CLIMBED UP to get my dog food. The thing would have ruled rat countries if he put his mind to it, the guy was ridiculous. Imagine the legends if you were a rat of this special rat who ate poison and lived, and also could climb?!
    It's coming true!