Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I didn't watch it to compare to real life, purely for entertainment.
    Me too, and obviously sports movies are bent for entertainment reasons. But the state championship game in the movie was a mid season game in real life (Did win on a 4th down play tho). And the state championship game was blow out. And most of the schools had already been integrated for years.

But it's crazy how racist that movie really is if you watch it and look for it haha. I was always too young to see it and watched it (obviously lol) last night and it had some lines in it I totally didn't catch due to my young age before
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The scene in Remember the Titans where Gary Bertier runs to the sideline and points at the opposing coach for "intimidation". Like, WTF is that?
    Hahaha worst part of the movie for sure. Otherwise great film.

Dobber Sports Giant

The scene in Remember the Titans where Gary Bertier runs to the sideline and points at the opposing coach for "intimidation". Like, WTF is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hahaha worst part of the movie for sure. Otherwise great film.

Fellas, fellas...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

I hate it when my missus buys a package of fresh produce. Why buy a pack of apples when you can pick the good ones? ARRGH! You know the pack of apples will have at least one or two (if yer lucky) bad apples in them and.... you pay more for them! Just pick 7-8 good apples and spend the extra 2 minutes!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This:

I make a mistake -> she gets mad -> I apologize
    She makes a mistake -> I tell her -> she gets mad -> I apologize

giphy.gif

Not being able to fall asleep out of fear I might get too little sleep.

Not being able to piss as quickly as the guy standing next to me.

Selfie sticks. Using them basically says you're not having any friends or you're that antisocial that you can't bring yourself to ask a stranger wether he'd be so nice to make a picture of you. Heck, it's not even necessary to speak the same language...

People counting their coins in front of me when I'm lining up to pay.

The fact that Swiss chocolate is often cheaper abroad than back home in Switzerland.

When the toothpaste falls off my toothbrush.

All elder men in my father's family are bald but what little remains of the hair is almost as dark as ever. All elder men in my mother's family have all their hair but it's white. I'm turning bald and white.

Forms that don't leave enough space for my long family name (13 letters...)

Being misunderstood. I don't mind people being mad at me for things I meant, but being perceived wrongly is a pain. Happens more often in English than in my mother tongue.

Not having enough milk for my musli.

When the rubish bag rips apart just before I reach the wheelie bin.

When I start a text on a birthday card or similar thing and it eventually is way too short to fill all the white or I'm running out of space before I could say everything I wanted to.

My mobile falling right on my face when I'm looking up something while laying on my back.

People who complain about everything
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Fellas, fellas...
    https://media.giphy.com/media/9MlVQouYPzOxy/giphy.gif

Dobber Sports Giant

Ha!!!! Awesome! I was looking for the full gif but all I could find was Gerry pointing and then it would loop!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Ha!!!! Awesome! I was looking for the full gif but all I could find was Gerry pointing and then it would loop!
    I just found the youtube video of it, and made the gif lol. I couldn't find the full one either

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    This:

I make a mistake -> she gets mad -> I apologize
    She makes a mistake -> I tell her -> she gets mad -> I apologize

giphy.gif

Not being able to fall asleep out of fear I might get too little sleep.

Not being able to piss as quickly as the guy standing next to me.

Selfie sticks. Using them basically says you're not having any friends or you're that antisocial that you can't bring yourself to ask a stranger wether he'd be so nice to make a picture of you. Heck, it's not even necessary to speak the same language...

People counting their coins in front of me when I'm lining up to pay.

The fact that Swiss chocolate is often cheaper abroad than back home in Switzerland.

When the toothpaste falls off my toothbrush.

All elder men in my father's family are bald but what little remains of the hair is almost as dark as ever. All elder men in my mother's family have all their hair but it's white. I'm turning bald and white.

Forms that don't leave enough space for my long family name (13 letters...)

Being misunderstood. I don't mind people being mad at me for things I meant, but being perceived wrongly is a pain. Happens more often in English than in my mother tongue.

Not having enough milk for my musli.

When the rubish bag rips apart just before I reach the wheelie bin.

When I start a text on a birthday card or similar thing and it eventually is way too short to fill all the white or I'm running out of space before I could say everything I wanted to.

My mobile falling right on my face when I'm looking up something while laying on my back.

People who complain about everything
    Great post!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ah, here's a classic one that happened to me (again) yesterday. And yes, I realize most of mine are about driving.

Someone jumps out of a driveway or street attempting to cross the street in front of you, you hit your brakes to keep from T-Boning the idiot.

That would be bad enough, but the kicker is you can see through their driver's-side window that they're looking straight ahead of them and have absolutely no idea a) that you were there to begin with and b) that if you weren't looking out for their reckless @ss they would have ended up eating your grill.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Ah, here's a classic one that happened to me (again) yesterday. And yes, I realize most of mine are about driving.

Someone jumps out of a driveway or street attempting to cross the street in front of you, you hit your brakes to keep from T-Boning the idiot.

That would be bad enough, but the kicker is you can see through their driver's-side window that they're looking straight ahead of them and have absolutely no idea a) that you were there to begin with and b) that if you weren't looking out for their reckless @ss they would have ended up eating your grill.
    The worst part is they don't know what they did so now you're all worked up and mad and they just drive away like nothing happened.

Reminds me of the type of people who stop in the middle of a road and waves a pedestrian to cross the road illegally. Like the driver thinks they're doing the nice thing but it's so bad. I've seen on a 2 lane road a bike path crosses the road. No stop sign for cars so the bikers/walkers are suppose to wait for an opening to cross. Driver on the north side of the road stops, waves some kid/teenager across, but south side of the road a car is coming. They don't see this kid passing and the kid on the bike gets clipped. Now the south side driver is a nervous wreck, has to live with themselves for hitting a kid, and the north side driver was oblivious to what they had caused because they are idiotic.

Dobber Sports Sage

So I am at the dollar store and at the checkout they have a box of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and it say "Support the Tinley Park Fire Department." So basically, you buy them a candy bar. I can't help but notice the price of the bar is $0.95. I know from fundraising over the years that the cost of those candy bars are about 50 cents each. How about the store sell them for cost rather than making their profit and then giving them to the fire department?

I know the ends probably justify the means but I can't help but feel a little miffed that the store is profiting off our generosity to the fire department.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    So I am at the dollar store and at the checkout they have a box of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and it say "Support the Tinley Park Fire Department." So basically, you buy them a candy bar. I can't help but notice the price of the bar is $0.95. I know from fundraising over the years that the cost of those candy bars are about 50 cents each. How about the store sell them for cost rather than making their profit and then giving them to the fire department?

I know the ends probably justify the means but I can't help but feel a little miffed that the store is profiting off our generosity to the fire department.
    I think that's the case with most ''fundraisers''. This post reminds me of those commercials on TV where they ask you to donate a dollar a day to ''save a child's life'' but then when you pause it at the end and read the fine print (or do a quick online research), you see that barely 10 cents of that dollar goes directly to the cause...

I'm not sure how exactly each of these ''foundations'' work but I'm pretty sure that there has to be a way to keep more money for the cause itself rather than pay the expenses around it!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Stud

Never knew about this thread as I rarely venture outside the hockey stuff! Something that really irks me and I don't understand why some people don't realize that it would irk people:

Friend/acquaintance and their significant other invites you and your significant other over for dinner or out to dinner. You say sounds great. You show up, and as it turns out another couple (that you may or may not know/like) is there and you had no idea that anyone else was invited.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    That's what the horn is there for. Lay on it and they'll know their mistake pretty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Friend/acquaintance and their significant other invites you and your significant other over for dinner or out to dinner. You say sounds great. You show up, and as it turns out another couple (that you may or may not know/like) is there and you had no idea that anyone else was invited.
    Yeah, I hate opportunities to make new friends