Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Administrator

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Fake inspirational people - the ones that post 17 memes with inspirational quotes every day but don't lead a life themselves that back up those statements.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Fake inspirational people - the ones that post 17 memes with inspirational quotes every day but don't lead a life themselves that back up those statements.
    Looks like someone needs a hug.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    People in mostly Asian built cars who drive not knowing their rear lights are off at night. Super dangerous. Spotted multiple car after car in Mtl last night with no lights on - one on the 401 around 11pm. All cars should have automatic lights on both front and rear that come on automatically. INSANE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    auto industry should also enforce that all rear turn signal lights be orange colored too .Its alot easier to see than red on red .
    These are both huge pet peeves of mine. I see these idiots who don't know that "daytime" running lights don't include your tail lights. Literally clueless.

I can't believe that governments haven't figured out that putting brake lights and signal lights both in red make it much harder to see than orange turn signal lights, but then again, almost no one uses their god damn signal lights anyway or if they do, they've already started braking or moved into the turning lane. Well thanks genius, I've now figured out that you're turning, but thanks for LETTING ME KNOW BEFORE you've already caused me to brake unnecessarily hard because of your thoughtlessness (he says sarcastically). **** YOU, YOU ****ING ****!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    These are both huge pet peeves of mine. I see these idiots who don't know that "daytime" running lights don't include your tail lights. Literally clueless.

I can't believe that governments haven't figured out that putting brake lights and signal lights both in red make it much harder to see than orange turn signal lights, but then again, almost no one uses their god damn signal lights anyway or if they do, they've already started braking or moved into the turning lane. Well thanks genius, I've now figured out that you're turning, but thanks for LETTING ME KNOW BEFORE you've already caused me to brake unnecessarily hard because of your thoughtlessness (he says sarcastically). **** YOU, YOU ****ING ****!!
    but the auto industry ensures that every big ass pikup truck / SUV comes with blinding fog lights that people just love to use when y'know .....its not foggy

Dobber Sports Titan

I always think that when trucks/SUVs are stopped, there should be a feature where the headlights tilt down. Because when I’m stopped and you’re behind me, for freaking sake it is so blinding off my rearview mirror. They have headlights turn when you turn the steering wheel, so when the cars stopped they tilt down. It would be just as easy to design.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

get so annoyed by the telemarketer or scam artist phone calls. i get like 2 or 3 calls daily and keep blocking them. problem is telus ONLY lets you block 12 numbers and mine is maxed out. and they are the weirdest numbers possible and most likely "spoof numbers" ex. they look like 94664545481923 and dont have a name. going to phone telus today and make sure no unknown callers can phone here anymore. most of the calls u answer and nobody will answer on the other line. once i got a call where they left a message and there was faint music in the background for about a minute then someone laughed and then hung up. wish u could just have an "approved" call list so u wouldn't have to sift through all the bs

Dobber Sports Ninja

Essential Oils
    Homeopathy
    Naturopaths
    Chiropractors

They are like the four horseman of the Woopocalypse.

Dobber Sports Sage

Superstitions

Fish don't care if you brought bananas in the boat.

The Blackhawks don't lose a playoff game because your girlfriend watched the game at your house.

The opposing team doesn't miss a field goal because you held your beer a certain way.

There are no such thing as "hockey gods!"

You don't jinx anything!!!

Is it so hard for people to realize that there are certain things they have absolutely no influence on the outcome? But there is something called coincidence.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Superstitions

Is it so hard for people to realize that there are certain things they have absolutely no influence on the outcome? But there is something called coincidence.
    Heheh, tell that to the best player in the world in regards to the number 87 and his famous jockstrap:

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Superstitions

Fish don't care if you brought bananas in the boat.

The Blackhawks don't lose a playoff game because your girlfriend watched the game at your house.

The opposing team doesn't miss a field goal because you held your beer a certain way.

Yes... it is that hard. For crying out loud, pigeons are superstitious and they have nowhere near the imaginative powers we do! (no seriously, they've done tests, pigeons are superstitious)

Of course, the logic used to dismiss the hockey gods could be used to dismiss any gods... sooo.... yeah.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Heheh, tell that to the best player in the world in regards to the number 87 and his famous jockstrap:

The difference is that Crosby affects the outcome. His mindset matters.

You wearing your lucky jersey for the big game has no bearing on who wins.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

You wearing your lucky jersey for the big game has no bearing on who wins.
    Well you say that, but that one time I wore my Oilers jersey and held my breath during that power play in Game 5 and they scored! THEY SCORED!!! When I didn't hold my breath, they didn't score. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I kid of course because I agree 100% with you.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

- click bait articles
    - intros on youtube videos

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    - click bait articles
    - intros on youtube videos
    Agreed 100X

Dobber Sports All-Star

ELECTRIC SCOOTERS!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I would think yes because this has got to be the dumbest invention on wheels. It's too slow for the road and too big for the sidewalks. On the road, they are too big to share a lane with so you have to stop and wait for an opening to pass. This disrupts the flow of the traffic. They are illiegal on the sidewalks, yet I see them driven on them every day. Imagine hitting a pedestrian with one of them. These things need to be banned once and for all. Period.