Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

I always back into spots no matter what I'm driving. I find it actually easier to park my extended cab F150 by backing in. It's also company policy for us to always use a drive through spot or back in wherever possible. It definitely decreases the risk of accidents and makes it far easier to see other cars and pedestrians in particular.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So when leaving I don?t hit someone when reversing. People tend to fly in parking lots, and a lot of people don?t look where they are walking.

What?s annoying about reversing into a spot vs having to wait for someone to reverse out of a spot? If you?re good at reversing in, the time difference is noting (and are you that upset over an extra 3s?) but the safety aspect is a big difference between the two.
    I prefer the pull through myself... but sometimes you don't have that option.

I am also irked by people...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

+1 for it to be a requirement to have a driving test done ever 5 years ; even for you young bucks .

I back into parking spots most of the time too - its a breeze with backup camera .

- - - Updated - - -

+1 for it to be a requirement to have a driving test done ever 5 years ; even for you young bucks .

I back into parking spots most of the time too - its a breeze with backup camera .

Dobber Sports Stud

Coming late to the party... might have been said in previously, but here it goes.

When taking the metro/subway, I wholeheartedly despise people who try to get in before people get out, just to get a seat.
    If I wasn't in a rush, I would trip you on your way in.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming late to the party... might have been said in previously, but here it goes.

When taking the metro/subway, I wholeheartedly despise people who try to get in before people get out, just to get a seat.
    If I wasn't in a rush, I would trip you on your way in.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Monster

when youre driving SPEED LIMIT and someone tailgates you then PROCEEDS to PASS YOU without signaling. if people were in such a hurry they should try and find more time in the day to get what they need done IE WAKING UP 10-15 MINUTES earlier than usual so you dont have to RUSH AROUND.

- - - Updated - - -

* AND people who never signal when changing lanes period.

- - - Updated - - -

* AND people who never signal when changing lanes period.

Dobber Sports Master

people that spend 4+ bucks a day at timmies getting drive thru coffee , then complain about price of gas .

buy a coffee machine and thermos

- - - Updated - - -

people that spend 4+ bucks a day at timmies getting drive thru coffee , then complain about price of gas .

buy a coffee machine and thermos

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Do you do this for any other reason than annoying people? I have often wondered why people back into spots?
    There are companies that encourage their employees to back in. Safer all around. Less blind spots.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    There are companies that encourage their employees to back in. Safer all around. Less blind spots.
    Backing into a parking spot is mandatory in the Canadian military. Apparently statistics will, ahem, back this up, but the overwhelming majority of accidents in parking lots are backing accidents (best to get it out of the way early). Go figure.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Have Monday mornings been mentioned yet?

Dobber Sports Ace

That I couldn't find a general random thoughts thread in the lounge

Administrator

Videos on the web that auto-play with volume.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Videos on the web that auto-play with volume.
    Seriously.... the number of times I've had to fake a weird, umm, yawn?!? in attempt to throw off co-workers.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

In New Zealand there is a lot of travel involved at Xmas and school holiday times. Add to this is the fact that "real highways" are extremely rare in NZ. If they do exist they exist in the major centers and they do not connect destinations. So..... I hate the following things:

1) People who tailgate. Seriously? What the **** man? Why? It makes absolutely no sense to me. It pisses everyone off and creates more risk for everyone.
    2) People who drives too slowly. ARRRRGHHHHH!!!!!! The speed limit is 100, why in the **** are you going 80? You have a normal car, the conditions are fine, drive normal.
    3) People who try to pass everyone to "get ahead" when it is bumper to bumper. **** you. You could pass twenty cars, taking twenty unnecessary risks and gain 20 seconds. **** OFF!!!
    4) People who take opportunities to pass when it is bumper to bumper. Do you not realize what has created the bumper to bumper situation in the first place? Dont make it worse.... Just wait in line like everyone else. Turn on the radio, chill out and you'll get there when you get there. The police have a role to play here. They should be putting out road cones on passing lanes when its heavy holiday traffic.

- - - Updated - - -

In New Zealand there is a lot of travel involved at Xmas and school holiday times. Add to this is the fact that "real highways" are extremely rare in NZ. If they do exist they exist in the major centers and they do not connect destinations. So..... I hate the following things:

1) People who tailgate. Seriously? What the **** man? Why? It makes absolutely no sense to me. It pisses everyone off and creates more risk for everyone.
    2) People who drives too slowly. ARRRRGHHHHH!!!!!! The speed limit is 100, why in the **** are you going 80? You have a normal car, the conditions are fine, drive normal.
    3) People who try to pass everyone to "get ahead" when it is bumper to bumper. **** you. You could pass twenty cars, taking twenty unnecessary risks and gain 20 seconds. **** OFF!!!
    4) People who take opportunities to pass when it is bumper to bumper. Do you not realize what has created the bumper to bumper situation in the first place? Dont make it worse.... Just wait in line like everyone else. Turn on the radio, chill out and you'll get there when you get there. The police have a role to play here. They should be putting out road cones on passing lanes when its heavy holiday traffic.

Dobber Sports Monster

people who BOMB your facebook status, i made a post yesterday and this one gentleman kept asking what i meant when i said "CHRIS PRONGER JUST BOARDED JUSTIN BIEBER"......those nosey people who always patroll facebook and have to comment on EEEEVERYTHING.....i guess i shouldnt have this guy as a friend lol.....its like man i have to explain my humor to people who dont get it all the time lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Trying to cut your baby toe nail without pulling a groin.
    Yeah people who post their travel pics on Facebook - more of a "look where I am and you're not" kind of thing - piss off. Oh wow, you're on a beach or terrace holding a drink at sunset.....so original.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to cut your baby toe nail without pulling a groin.
    Yeah people who post their travel pics on Facebook - more of a "look where I am and you're not" kind of thing - piss off. Oh wow, you're on a beach or terrace holding a drink at sunset.....so original.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.