Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

There's a guy at my work that has 2-3 Cokes every morning.
    And then, around mid-morning and mid-afternoon, he let's out this enormous belch and then publicly excuses himself (in a sort of "Sorry, couldn't help it" style) from over his cubicle walls.
    Stop.drinking.soda.

Dobber Sports Expert

Workers who take smoke breaks and then bitch when a two non-smokers are standing around talking for 5 or 10 minutes. "Oh it must be nice be office staff". How is it fair I technically only get two 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch, but a smoker gets all of that plus smoke breaks on top of it?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Workers who take smoke breaks and then bitch when a two non-smokers are standing around talking for 5 or 10 minutes. "Oh it must be nice be office staff". How is it fair I technically only get two 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch, but a smoker gets all of that plus smoke breaks on top of it?
    Ya, I never got that. When I was in high school I tallied up how much one manager I was working with wasted on smoke breaks. 2hrs over an 8hr shift. I couldn’t believe it. $20/hr goes to $27/hr when you take 2hrs for smoke breaks.

So when it got busy I just sat in the office eating my dinner and she came in and said I need your help and I said sorry non-smokers break.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    People at the gym who use the squat rack as their own personal social watering hole. Get your workout in and move along.
    This. I go to a fairly small gym and there's only one squat rack. I CANNOT frickin stand it when the same people (sometimes just one person even) are using it the ENTIRE time I am there!! And I'm almost always there for at least an hour, sometimes pushing two. No way you need to be using it that long or socializing that much.

Especially during the busier times...seems so disrespectful to me. I've had to ask multiple times if I can jump in after getting fed up and even if they move away it's like I'm some weirdo for approaching them to use the only rack in the place.

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    This. I go to a fairly small gym and there's only one squat rack. I CANNOT frickin stand it when the same people (sometimes just one person even) are using it the ENTIRE time I am there!! And I'm almost always there for at least an hour, sometimes pushing two. No way you need to be using it that long or socializing that much.

Especially during the busier times...seems so disrespectful to me. I've had to ask multiple times if I can jump in after getting fed up and even if they move away it's like I'm some weirdo for approaching them to use the only rack in the place.
    Right? Or the dude who spends more time staring at the racked bar rather than actually exercising with it. It's like muscle mass by osmosis.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Right? Or the dude who spends more time staring at the racked bar rather than actually exercising with it. It's like muscle mass by osmosis.
    And can't forget the people that practically scream when doing exercises, as if the whole place needs to hear them....

Dobber Sports Sage

So I was complaining to myself about a bunch of flowers falling off some trees into my boat. I would pick all the flowers up and then sure enough a gust of wind blew and all these flowers fell again.

Then I realized this is what my wife calls 1st world problems. Then I gained some perspective and told myself to stop bitching. Here I am- on vacation in one of my favorite places on Earth. I have my wife and kids with me. I have a brand new boat and am going to go out fishing in a couple hours after a storm passes. I am here for another week and summer is just starting. Life is pretty good. And I was complaining about some flowers falling on the deck of my boat.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    So I was complaining to myself about a bunch of flowers falling off some trees into my boat. I would pick all the flowers up and then sure enough a gust of wind blew and all these flowers fell again.

Then I realized this is what my wife calls 1st world problems. Then I gained some perspective and told myself to stop bitching. Here I am- on vacation in one of my favorite places on Earth. I have my wife and kids with me. I have a brand new boat and am going to go out fishing in a couple hours after a storm passes. I am here for another week and summer is just starting. Life is pretty good. And I was complaining about some flowers falling on the deck of my boat.
    True. Not many things better than being on a boat on a quiet lake. Nature at its best. No better way to unwind from the rat race of the big city.

Dobber Sports Superstar

My new one is the absolute ineptness that some people display when parking their vehicles.

I just don't get it, it's something that drivers have to perform on average twice a day if not more. How is it even possible to be so bad at an activity that is engaged in on a daily basis?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post

I feel you man.

Happens every once in a while and it drives me bonkers. Usually the bench press or squat racks are the worst for it. Though the worst time was when I tried to use one of those lying squat machines (the one where you seated and your legs are elevated. Basically squats without the squat rack). Was planning on doing legs that day and went with two friends that day. Went for a warmup bike/run (I biked they ran) and this guy is using the machine. Cool, he'll be done by the time we are so we can use it. He's with two people but they're doing other things in the area and not using it. Finish warmup and he's not done. Cool, we'll start with something else. We do three different exercises each (taking us about 20ish minutes all total in the three person rotation) and keep going back to see if he's done. He's not. Finally he's off it after about 40 minutes of use, and he's using other stuff in that area. I go up to see if I can use the machine since it looks like he's done. I ask and he gives me an abrupt no. I ask if we can jump in while he's not using it and he gives an angry no. Not willing to make a big deal about, we go off and do something else to finish the time off. All told we were their about an hour and a bit, and the guy took up the machine the entire damn time. Only used it about half to three/quarters of the time but didn't want to let anyone else use it.

It was ridiculous
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    My new one is the absolute ineptness that some people display when parking their vehicles.

I just don't get it, it's something that drivers have to perform on average twice a day if not more. How is it even possible to be so bad at an activity that is engaged in on a daily basis?
    Man, the way people drive, drives me nuts. I really don't know how so many people with valid licenses can drive so bad. I guess their best day was the day they passed, (or paid?). Some people are just totally oblivious to their surroundings.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-apQd7gm7Ve...lh1io1_400.gif

Also, how slow do you have to be going on a highway before you get a ticket. I closed in on a guy doing under 70 KMH on the 407 highway in Vaughan, while driving by one of the many radar cops. The cop didn't flinch.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post

I don't mind this too much. It's annoying but I find it more funny how bad someone can be at this. It's just hilarious in a sad way. And most of the time it's people in a rush without paying attention. They're not aware of others which isn't great, but it's hardly the worst thing in the world.

What bugs me is the people who INTENTIONALLY take two spots. Usually it's someone with a nicer car who likely wants plenty of space between them and other cars. That's bothers me to no end.
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya, I never got that. When I was in high school I tallied up how much one manager I was working with wasted on smoke breaks. 2hrs over an 8hr shift. I couldn’t believe it. $20/hr goes to $27/hr when you take 2hrs for smoke breaks.

So when it got busy I just sat in the office eating my dinner and she came in and said I need your help and I said sorry non-smokers break.
    lol

I'm guessing that probably didn't go over all that well

G - Murray, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Master

I really wouldnt mind if it were required to take a driving test every 5 years / with a written component to it as well .

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I really wouldnt mind if it were required to take a driving test every 5 years / with a written component to it as well .
    But how would people ever get to work???

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust