Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

The Great One

Default Re: It's the THINGS THAT IRK YOU thread - not hockey related

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I would really like to know what the thinking of a cyclist is when they ride in a live lane even though they have room on the shoulder. For example, on Saturday, I was driving along a 4 lane semi busy road in York Region, Ontario. The paved shoulder had to be 10' wide along this stretch. I am sure 4 cyclists would fit across it, yet, for some reason, one of the 2 cyclist I approached, was riding on the outside of the line, on the right side of the right lane. Was he just being a dick? Was he just not all there? Was he a thrill seeker? I really want to know because it really pissed me off. I honked my horn as I drove by him thinking maybe he didn't realize where he was or, in case he was sleep riding, but he just made a hand gesture. To which I answered of course.

So, you riders out there, please explain to us why you prefer to distrupt traffic, endanger your lives and others, rather than ride on the paved shoulders. I really need to be educated on this because I need to gain a little respect for you. Thanks.
    http://www.safecycling.ca/index.php/...act-in-ontario

Cycling on Shoulders

Although Section 150 [of the HTA] prohibits motorists in most circumstances from driving on shoulders, cyclists are subject to no such restriction. Cyclists should be aware that by using the shoulder they have left the roadway, and must yield right of way to vehicles on the roadway before returning to it. Cyclists are probably better off staying on the roadway where they can be seen by those motorists whose peripheral vision seems to end at the solid white line delineating the edge of the road.

Edit: I'm not a cyclist. I value my life too much.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    http://www.safecycling.ca/index.php/...act-in-ontario

Cycling on Shoulders

Although Section 150 [of the HTA] prohibits motorists in most circumstances from driving on shoulders, cyclists are subject to no such restriction. Cyclists should be aware that by using the shoulder they have left the roadway, and must yield right of way to vehicles on the roadway before returning to it. Cyclists are probably better off staying on the roadway where they can be seen by those motorists whose peripheral vision seems to end at the solid white line delineating the edge of the road.

Edit: I'm not a cyclist. I value my life too much.
    Thanks Al

Regarding 'must yield right of way', no kidding. Can't agree with the 'cyclists being better off staying on the roadway where they can be seen.' Cars can be seen on the roadway as well and they get hit. Harder to hit something on the shoulder me thinks.

I'm still hoping for a cyclist's perspective on this though. Just so I understand their thought process when not taking advantage of a paved shoulder where they are safer.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I get annoyed at people that always have to get the closest parking spot and will wait for someone to back out in order not to walk an extra 30 yards. It just strikes me as being lazy. I do wait a little longer to back out when someone is sitting there waiting for my spot.
    I'll usually do the complete opposite because I dont feel like getting my vehicle dinged by someone with bad parking habits .I'm that guy who's in the middle of that ''other'' section of the parking lot yet to be utilized .

bonus IRK --when I park all alone in an area not being utilized quite yet and someone pulls up to park within 3 spots .

Dobber Sports Titan

I get annoyed at people that always have to get the closest parking spot and will wait for someone to back out in order not to walk an extra 30 yards. It just strikes me as being lazy. I do wait a little longer to back out when someone is sitting there waiting for my spot.
    When I leave and someone in a car follows me to my spot, I get in my car and just wait till they give up. Then when they get past me, I then leave.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

I do wait a little longer to back out when someone is sitting there waiting for my spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    When I leave and someone in a car follows me to my spot, I get in my car and just wait till they give up. Then when they get past me, I then leave.
    IRK: When people spite other people for sport.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    No kidding. Some of these are just bizarre and senseless.

Dobber Sports Master

When you get kicked out of hotel for dangling your junk in the scrambled eggs at the continental breakfast.

First of all, if there are scrambled eggs it isn't a continental! And secondly, what happened to 'the customer is always right'?
    Suffice it to say I left them a bad review on tripadvisor...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I wouldn't say it's sport. To me it is the excessive waiting that I find as being lazy. If am backing out and someone stops, I understand and would do the same thing. There's always context. I only get annoyed if we are talking about a lot that is busy up front and you simply have to drive a little farther down where the rest of the lot is open.

I also get annoyed when there is a long line at the drive through and someone gets in line instead of going inside where inevitably it is a much shorter line. I get it if you have small kids or have trouble walking but that is it. I rarely ever get in a drive through line and I almost always beat the drive through line. Yes, I always check.

If you can't tell, laziness annoys me. I am a firm believer in making your day a little harder. Maybe America wouldn't be so damn fat if they walked a little more and weren't so lazy.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

rarely ever get in a drive through line and I almost always beat the drive through line. Yes, I always check.

If you can't tell, laziness annoys me. I am a firm believer in making your day a little harder. Maybe America wouldn't be so damn fat if they walked a little more and weren't so lazy.
    "Laziness annoys me. I am a firm believer in making your day a little harder"

"I regularly eat fast food"

Dobber Sports Pro

I wouldn't say it's sport. To me it is the excessive waiting that I find as being lazy. If am backing out and someone stops, I understand and would do the same thing. There's always context. I only get annoyed if we are talking about a lot that is busy up front and you simply have to drive a little farther down where the rest of the lot is open.

I also get annoyed when there is a long line at the drive through and someone gets in line instead of going inside where inevitably it is a much shorter line. I get it if you have small kids or have trouble walking but that is it. I rarely ever get in a drive through line and I almost always beat the drive through line. Yes, I always check.

I totally get your sentiment. Just think going out of your way to antagonize those people doesn't seem very friendly. No biggie tho.

"I get it if you have small kids or have trouble walking but that is it." - the fact that it is hard to know if one of these applies to someone just by looking at their car is what makes me think it is silly to purposefully wait a bit to back out.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    When you get kicked out of hotel for dangling your junk in the scrambled eggs at the continental breakfast.

First of all, if there are scrambled eggs it isn't a continental! And secondly, what happened to 'the customer is always right'?
    Suffice it to say I left them a bad review on tripadvisor...
    What????

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    "Laziness annoys me. I am a firm believer in making your day a little harder"

"I regularly eat fast food"

Don't jump to conclusions. When I go to McDonalds I am getting coffee.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Make your coffee at home lazy bones!!! Jk lol.

Dobber Sports Star

In regards to laziness, what difference does that make? Wouldn't the non-lazy option be to make your own coffee?

Dobber Sports Pro

I believe the original quote was "I regularly eat fast food." Coffee isn't food :P