Thread: Big trade offered to me, HELP

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Big trade offered to me, HELP

I was just offered Miguel Cabrera and Adrian Beltre for Jose Bautista and Todd Frazier.... Yahoo stats H2H League.

Seems some what obvious but this league you only keep 5 guy and only 2 can be kept from the first 5 round of the draft. Therefore, I would have to lose Beltre and 1 of Altuve or Upton since I would keep Cabrera. I drafted Frazier in the sixth round so I can drop Bautista and keep Upton and Altuve if I don't do it.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Heres my current team:

Gattis, Vogt, Bautista, Altuve, Frazier, A. Escobar, Kendrick, Upton, Pollock, Carter, Betts, Heyward, Sandoval, B. Miller, Castillo, Andrus
    Bumgarner, Cole, Odorizzi, Miller, Cashner, Burnett, Cueto, Bolsinger, Chapman, Melancon, Street, Tolleson, Axford

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Big trade offered to me, HELP

So it's either keep miggy and altuve or keep upton or altuve as far as the 2 out of the first five rounds? So you're really losing frazier/upton and gaining miggy? I'm not a huge frazier or upton fan, I would do it.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would pass. Guys who can hit homeruns and steal bases are a premium in leagues like this and Frazier is one of the better options out there. Frazier is essentially Goldschmidt without the batting average. Altuve should not even be in drop consideration; he`s your most valuable player.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

To me, it would depend on how close your team is to winning it all this year. If it is near the top, adding Cabrera only can help. If you're in the middle of the pack I am not so sure since there is no way Beltre is a keeper on your team so you'd be losing 2 keepers vs 1. If your long term choice is Cabrera and Altuve versus Upton and Altuve, I'd take the Cabrera one every time. You have enough pitching and talent at the other positions to add your final 3 keepers. So I'm about 75/25 in favor of making the trade.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek

Dobber Sports Titan

If you’re going for the win this yr I’d do it. He’s still a solid player, ranking near the top 20, but he’s no longer a Triple Crown threat. He’ll get a ridiculous OPS (0.900+), a strong average (~0.330), about 30HR, 100RBI and 85-90 Runs, south of 200hits. All barring injury, which isn’t in his history, but his age is getting up there. And it seems now if an older guy gets hurt, he’s out LONNNNGGG
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll