Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emerson Etem

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Emerson Etem

Is next year the season where he is gonna rise and shine point wise?

What is his upside in your opinion?

Thanks!
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Emerson Etem

I wouldn't bet on it JH - I think his offense is limited. If he rounds into a 50-55 point guy one day, be happy.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure next year is the year to bank on... but I do expect a bit of a bump. First step sort of thing. Year or two after that is when I think he'll hit his stride.

Like Fung though, I'm not convinced he's got more than 45-50 annually in him. Actually reminds me a lot of Cogliano who, while a good NHL'er, isn't too valuable points-wise in fantasy.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Etem needs opportunity to play in a more offensive role. The ducks are using him as a 4th line energy player and only averages around 10 min/game.

I still see him as a top 6 potential but needs to be given a chance to play there. Might not be with the ducks as they are deep on the wings (and everywhere else).

Administrator

It could happen but the conditions are definitely not ideal the way I see it right now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

At this point in Etem's development, its all gonna be about oppurtunity. I personally think next year he'll get alot more chances to prove what he can do when hes on a line with some talent, whether thats with Getz or Kesler... But, if Boudreau keeps using him as an energy guy, then obviously the wait will continue.

He has the talent to be a 60 point guy IMO, and fill the stat sheet with Hits, PP points and PK time. Hes a big kid with decent hands and good speed, he'll get there, just gotta be a little patient with young guys that play for perennial playoff teams. Just less focus on development and more focus on winning hockey games.

I personally still like Etem alot and actually just went out and traded for him in my main league because I think some people are getting impatient with him. I think the wait will payoff especially in leagues with multi cats.
    20 Team $$ Dynasty League (23 man roster, 27 man minor roster) w/Salary Cap at $80M on Fantrax **1 Time Champ

G, A, P, +/-, PP, SHP, Hits, Blocks, Wins, Save%, SV, GAA. *1 goalie starts

C - Couture, Kadri, Anisimov, Dvorak
    LW - Marchand, JT Miller, Grabner, Hartman, Duclair
    RW - Duchene, Oshie, Silfverberg, J.Williams
    D - Ristolainen, S.Jones, Martinez, De Haan, Del Zotto, Chychrun, Carlo
    G - Lundqvist, F.Andersen, Raanta
    Minors - Meier, Barbashev, Barber, F.Perron, Heinen, Cholowski, T.Motte, Quenneville, Beaudin, Novak, Sissons, V.Dunn, Lauzon, Hogberg

Dobber Sports Padawan

I am in a league where we have to choose 8 keepers.

We have a salary cap based on the performance of the players from last year.

We have to keep 8 guys for a salary cap of 27 millions. For example if a guy had a season of 0 to 21 points, his value is 1 millions. 21 to 40 points = 2 millions, 41 to 50 points = 3 millions, etc.

So I have 7 keepers for 26 millions and I need a 1 million player to complete my roster.

Etem made 10 points last year so his value is 1 million.

I could have Etem for cheap.

That is why I am looking for opinion ...

Thanks again for your input.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    I am in a league where we have to choose 8 keepers.

We have a salary cap based on the performance of the players from last year.

We have to keep 8 guys for a salary cap of 27 millions. For example if a guy had a season of 0 to 21 points, his value is 1 millions. 21 to 40 points = 2 millions, 41 to 50 points = 3 millions, etc.

So I have 7 keepers for 26 millions and I need a 1 million player to complete my roster.

Etem made 10 points last year so his value is 1 million.

I could have Etem for cheap.

That is why I am looking for opinion ...

Thanks again for your input.
    In this scenario, I am sure there are plenty of others at the same price or slightly more/less that will benefit your team far more.
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by nosoffsn View Post
    In this scenario, I am sure there are plenty of others at the same price or slightly more/less that will benefit your team far more.
    Exactly my thought....what are the other players available at the same price?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Most of the time they demand a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

I would get Etem for a 6th rounder...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I get that everyone here has "given" up on Etem.

I on the other hand still believe that we have yet to see the full potential.

He has recently graduated to the big leagues and I believe they will give him much more opportunity next year.

I have FAITH.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Without a doubt, Etem still has plenty of potential and I think we will start to see him reach it if the playoffs are any indication.

Still, in the scenario given from the OP I think there are other options out there that can benefit in the now.
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This guy was a major goal scoring stud in junior.. He has the tools, he just needs the opportunity now!! I think he's worth the shot, especially since your really not giving up much for him..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would not be giving up on him, yet. He's still only 22 ! And never really had his chance with the Ducks. With Beleskey maybe out of ANA, there could be an opportunity out there to play alongside Getz and Perry. I'll give him 2 more years before quitting on him.

But, with Boudreau's coaching style, anyone not named Getz or Perry will never produce more than 60 points on this team.
    10 teams Keeper league, ROTO, no Cap Hit. 27 players, keep 23.
    Roster Positions: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 2F, 5D, Util, 2G, 10IR+

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SOG, Hits
    G Stat Categories: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion.

C : Backstrom, Tavares, Nelson, Nielsen, Bonino
    LW : Ovechkin, Giroux, Steen, J.Bailey, Killorn
    RW : Malkin, Stamkos, Jaskin, Voracek, Seguin, Okposo
    D : Weber, Hedman, Karlsson, Yandle, Hamonic, Severson, DeAngelo
    G : Rinne, MAF, Anderson
    IR :E.Kane, B.Connolly, Buff

Dobber Sports Padawan

He is entering his fourth year. That's the year when that many prospects have their coming out party.

Will see what will happen but I think that he's worth the risk (a 6th rounder).