Thread: How do I make a post??

Dobber Sports Stud

Default How do I make a post??

Kidding.

Just wanted to officially introduce myself to the community that has offered me great insight and more importantly, great reading material over the past few years.

With the recent exodus of a few posters who I greatly enjoyed - Pengwin7 in particular - I felt it was perhaps a sign to step up and help fill one sock-hole in the huge fantasy hockey shoes they've worn.

Thanks for the opportunity Dobber and looking forward to hooking my way to notoriety on the site... er... spearing my way? Whatever. Looking forward to it

So that this post isn't fluff , would appreciate any and all thoughts/critiques on the keepers I've identified in my sig.

Cheers.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

I...am your father.

Default Re: How do I make a post??

Welcome!
    The keepers look fine to me, though that depends on how many goalies are usually available at the draft. If that's a risk, then I would keep Schneider over Huberdeau.

I don't think Pengwin left. Some people you see in here some months of the year and certain months you never see them at all. Some are summer people and you don't see them all season, and some are season people and you don't see them all summer. But there is one constant - me!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Well thanks Dobber and it's that constant that's at the core of this great community. Appreciate the chance to be a part of it.

Agreed on Schneider however as you noted, there will likely only be 5 goalies kept in our league, leaving a plethora of quality G's to pick from at the draft.

Appreciate the feedback!
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Star

Welcome bud. Love fresh meat :-)

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

Welcome to the show!

Dobber Sports Ace

Welcome!
    Dobber is correct......Pengwin didn't disappear. It's approaching winter in Antartica and pengwins need to reduce their energy output so as to survive the harsh winter conditions

As for your keepers, on my screen none of the names is in bold so I can't see who you have selected but I would definitely start with Getzlaf, Kane, Perry, MacKinnon, Hedman and Schneider.

I also see some Arabic type scribbles which appear to be truncated English words. Not sure what is going on.

Dobber Sports Genius

Welcome to the boards YL! Pts based scoring I agree with your keepers. I'd keep an eye on offseason moves in New Jersey with their management changes as Schneider may be worth hanging onto as well. Even with most goalies going back into the draft, he's already posting elite peripherals and if the wins follow, he will be one of the very best.

Dobber Sports Stud

Cheers guys thanks!

Will look into my sig - Arabic type scribbles is what my wife refers to my team(s) as so maybe you're using her computer MD?

Will give Schneids and Jersey a really long leash throughout the summer RDW as I agree he could be gold.

Dobber Sports Stud

Welcome to the boards Yzerman (although it sounds like you've been around for a while, just a little shy). I agree with what others have said re: your keepers, and I would 100% keep Schneider, even with a plethora of goalies at the draft. He is a workhorse, and despite playing for a weak team in Jersey, he'll still put up lots of pts.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi