Thread: Ward's last second goal to win

I...am your father.

Default Ward's last second goal to win

From last night ICYMI, Joel Ward with 1.4 seconds left:

I'll admit that I didn't see it live. It was on a big TV in front of my face, live. But as the puck went into the corner with five seconds left, I turned my attention to a conversation with my wife. When suddenly I hear "he scores!"

You know what I mean? You just get so certain that it's going to OT you pretty much write off the last couple of seconds, and I was guilty of that.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Ward's last second goal to win

That's why you have to work until you hear the buzzer. You never know.

Great win for the Caps, tougher lose for the Rangers.

Dobber Sports Titan

Pointing my finger at Lundqvist more than anyone else on this shift. Boyle played the situation right, but execution was wrong. He prolly wasn’t expecting a hit from Backstrom but more of a stick check. The other defending was taking away a wraparound from Ovi who made a ridiculous pass out front. And Lundy was in position but just didn’t react to the shot.

But this is textbook, “play to the whistle” situation. Coaches go furious on stuff like this.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Why the heck was Vignault playing Boyle and not Staal in this situation?? Not that Backstrom's hit wouldn't have rocked Staal, but if you are in the last minute of a game like that, don't you want to avoid giving up a late, demoralizing goal like that? Better for the Rangers that this happened early in the series rather than near the end, or they would be frigged!!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Genius

Joel Ward making big plays in the spring yet again. This guys elevation of his play in the post season is like clockwork.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Joel Ward making big plays in the spring yet again. This guys elevation of his play in the post season is like clockwork.
    Ward is just one of those guys that elevates his game in the playoffs. Washington might have a shot here. Imagine Ovechkin winning a Cup? It may never come back from Mother Russia!!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket