Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NHL Game Center

The Great One

Default Re: NHL Game Center

ok so I just found a chrome extension called hola for google chrome that changes your ip to whatever.....so if anyone has gamcenter and uses chrome cast to cast to your tv this extension is perfect for not having any blacked out games......

ran a speed test both using the extension and not using the extension and when I used the extension to say Im from somewhere in the US I lost about 2-3 Mbps....which shouldn't affect viewing the game.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    ok so I just found a chrome extension called hola for google chrome that changes your ip to whatever.....so if anyone has gamcenter and uses chrome cast to cast to your tv this extension is perfect for not having any blacked out games......

ran a speed test both using the extension and not using the extension and when I used the extension to say Im from somewhere in the US I lost about 2-3 Mbps....which shouldn't affect viewing the game.
    I will try it out. I don't have chromecast but I stream my NHL Gamecenter on TV with my laptop plugged in with a HDMI cable. I used the extension called stealthy to see black out games, I would connect to stealthy , then start a stream, as soon I saw that it was loading , I would disconnect stealthy and everything was smooth.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

I also get it for free due to the amount we spend on our share-everything plan with Rogers, I absolutely love it.
    Can watch games anywhere with wifi or data if i'm desperate and any blacked out leaf games are on the one of 8 channels we get lol.
    I'll second what rodgort said about the delay, if you are an avid box-score checker you'll get updates before you watch them!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Pro

Hold on about using Hola! http://adios-hola.org/
    - mind you it could all be just a way for people not to use it, but check in to is a little more first. I just heard it is easy for people to track you with it on, perhaps they have fixed it?
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Great One

hmmm interesting...i've ran the test and it says I'm vulnerable but that I can't be tracked....considering Id only use it for Nhl.com it might be ok? or id try stealthy as yougo recommended

Dobber Sports Expert

I use the VPN unblock.me

I try to go and buy NHL Gamecenter. Directs me to the "international" page. I try to pay but it asks me for an adress not in the States or in Canada. wth.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Pro

hmmm interesting...i've ran the test and it says I'm vulnerable but that I can't be tracked....considering Id only use it for Nhl.com it might be ok? or id try stealthy as yougo recommended
    They might have fixed it, I do not know. I just remember there were security risks with Hola. I had it for a bit, I may get it again when I look into it more
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well... I'm on board.
    Without an official CableTV package I had to bite the bullet and I subscribed last night.

I paid my $131 for NHL GameCenter.
    Figured I might as well since our family TV bit it yesterday... (our Olevia 537H gave me 9 years... I'll take it).

Now sitting atop our built-in, this 43" beauty from the local Wal-Mart ($350):
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-43LF540...-HDTV/45622205

Hello Hockey Season!
    Pengwin is ready for you!

The Great One

Wow, thats a long time!

congrats?

Dobber Sports Expert

Can someone recommend a company that changes my ip address. I don't mind paying $6 a month or whatever. I don't want it to affect my speed at all.
    I used PureVPN for a year, it costs money but totally worth it. You can choose servers from all over the world. South America works best to avoid blackouts.

Btw they cancelled my gamecenter account after i sent another email and they are going to give me a full refund. I have everything covered at hockeystreams.com, can watch NHL, olympics, minors leagues and world cup and junior world cup games and i pay for 365 days of hockey, as you can freeze your account during summer. This way it's even a lot cheaper than Gamecenter and they also don't have the one minute delay.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Well... I'm on board.
    Without an official CableTV package I had to bite the bullet and I subscribed last night.
    Congrats buddy! How are you getting Gamecenter through your TV? App, Roku, etc?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Congrats buddy! How are you getting Gamecenter through your TV? App, Roku, etc?
    Is there a way to change the IP address on an Apple TV so as to get rid of the stupid Rogers-NHL partnership of Evil that somehow considers Ottawa to be in the same hockey market as Montr?al?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Is there a way to change the IP address on an Apple TV so as to get rid of the stupid Rogers-NHL partnership of Evil that somehow considers Ottawa to be in the same hockey market as Montr?al?
    My gamecenter flatout does not work with 3 different VPNs I have tried. As far as I know, there aren't any ways around "local" blackouts.

Dobber Sports Veteran

A co-worker just told me he had to set his VPN to the UK to avoid blackouts.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Will attempt it, but not much has been successful for me so far.