Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Interesting final twist coming post-fight. Pacquiao was fighting with a "significant tear" in his rotator cuff and will undergo surgery that will put him out 9-12 months. To make matters worse for him Pacquiao could actually face discipline from the Nevada Boxing Commission for not disclosing his injury the day before the fight.

Finally, Mayweather has come out and said he's willing to fight Pacquiao again after his shoulder surgery. I bet we see those two fighters hook up again, and its a massive event again, and its a disappointment again.
    Yeah, I was going to ask how everyone felt about forking over $100 to watch a fight where one of the fighters has a significant rotator cuff tear and announces he's going under the knife the week after the event?

Nice job. I am so glad I didn't let myself get sucked in by the hype-machine. Boxing deserves to wallow in obscurity if this is the way they're going to run their sport.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have to admit, I do feel cheated now knowing both fighters weren't at 100%.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Yeah, I was going to ask how everyone felt about forking over $100 to watch a fight where one of the fighters has a significant rotator cuff tear and announces he's going under the knife the week after the event?

Nice job. I am so glad I didn't let myself get sucked in by the hype-machine. Boxing deserves to wallow in obscurity if this is the way they're going to run their sport.
    Good point. Sadly, I knew the risk going in and that the odds it was going to live up to the hype, were slim. I guess I went in hoping for the best; plus I am the type of person who would never forgive myself if I didn't watch it, and then people ended up loving it and saying it was the greatest fight since Hagler / Hearns...

Rylant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Maybe the rematch will just be $95 this time instead of $100...
    LOL...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I have to admit, I do feel cheated now knowing both fighters weren't at 100%.
    And yet another twist. Five different class action lawsuits have been filed against Pacquiao and his promoters (and Mayweather's people as well) seeking millions of dollars in compensation for: PPV buyers, ticket buyers and gamblers. You all know I like novel lawsuits and this certainly would be an interesting one to hear arguments to and read the decision of. The question being Are spectators entitled to know the details surrounding a fighter's condition before shelling out big bucks to watch it? One quote I Liked in the article was

"Our state has a law that prohibits concealing or misrepresenting material information with consumers and, within the context of boxing, Manny Pacquiao's shoulder injury is a material fact," said Bob Duncan, one of the lawyers for the Illinois plaintiffs. "Had our clients known that the underdog had a shoulder injury, they wouldn't have thought that this fight was worth watching."
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...claiming-fraud
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

The Great One

So wish Pac-man took this. I HATE money- but the oddsmakers were right- doomed from the start.

Tbh- I agree with the general consensus of this thread- MMA is much more interesting. I feel like this is Boxings last big "hurrah" and it was boring as fck with a disappointing conclusiion. #RIPBoxing.