Thread: Keepers Help

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keepers Help

Hi guys, just looking for some input on who to keep next year. Both teams in the sig below, both are points only. For the top team there are always decent goalies available in the draft (I didn't keep any G last year), for the bottom team goalies are really hard to get and I don't have my first round pick.

I'm thinking:

Top team (Keep 8)
    For sure: Malkin, Kessel, Benn, Karlsson
    Need 4 of: Holtby, Andersen, Foligno, Okposo, Wheeler, Shattenkirk, Gio, Neal, RNH

I'm thinking hard about keeping both G even though they are plentiful, also might be worth keeping more than one D?

Bottom team (Keep 5)
    For sure: Kessel, Lundquist
    Need 3 of: H.Sedin, Datsyuk, RNH, Shattenkirk, Gio, Dubnyk, Pacioretty

I think I need to keep Dubnyk since I wont have a first rounder and there are 12 teams so G are scarce. Then would probably throw Sedin and Dats in too right?

Any thoughts are appreciated thanks guys
    8 GM, keep 8, 10F 5D 2G
    G/A - 1 W/SO - 2
    F: Malkin, Kessel, Benn, Okposo, Foligno, Ladd, RNH, Wheeler, Oshie, Callahan, Neal, Brassard
    D: Karlsson, Shattenkirk, Giordano, Carlson, Muzzin, Hamonic, Suter
    G: Elliot, Holtby, Andersen, Allen

12 GM, keep 5, 10F 4D 2G
    G/A - 1 GWG - 0.5 W/SO - 2
    F: H.Sedin, Datsyuk, Kessel, Hossa, Ribeiro, Schwartz, Stepan, RNH, Marchand, Pacioretty, Cole
    D: Weber, Jones, Savard, Shattenkirk, Giordano
    G: Lundquist, Dubnyk, Elliott, Smith

The Great One

Default Re: Keepers Help

Holtby, Shatenkirk, Gio and one of RNH or Andersen... Depending on what you think goes back in. TBH I'd be tempted to do RNH as a lot of hype surrounding him as the Oilers have McDavid on the way

second team I'd do Shatenkirk, Gio and Dubnyk - 45+ point d men are always scarce so with those two (in both leagues) you can concentrate on an area where players are more plentiful I.e. 65+'point forwards

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Team 1 : Malkin, Benn, Kessel, Okposo, Karlsson, Shattenkirk, Carlson, Holtby.
    Even if many goalies will be available Holtby should have another great year, you will need him.

Team 2 : Kessel, Pacio, Sedin, Shattenkirk, Lundqvist
    With GWG giving 0,5 you have to keep Kessel and Pacio. I'm not sold on Dubnyk, you will certainly be able to grab a good 1A goalie in the second round for your 2nd goaler.
    5 teams Full-season Points Only 6 keepers
    First year
    F : goal and assist = 1 pt
    D : goal = 2 pts assist = 1 pt
    G : W = 2 pts SO = 3pts

Roster size : 12F - 6D - 2G - 5 bench

F : Crosby, Mackinnon, Gaudreau, Stamkos, Wheeler, Marner, Kessel, Tarasenko, Voracek, Trocheck, Keller, Miller,
    D : Klingberg, Ghost, Yandle, Rielly, Dumba, Suter
    G : Holtby, Rask
    Bench : Larkin, Pacioretty, Gardiner, Sergachev, Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Team 1: Malkin, Kessel, Benn, Karlsson, Holtby, Okposo, Shattenkirk, and Gio
    Reason: Holtby will get plenty of starts (and consequently wins). Okposo rides with Taveras on top line and PP1 so he will get you points. Shattenkirk gives you a nice point producer from the blue line with a great supporting cast up front on the PP. Gio was borderline with RNH, but offense skaters that put up points are easier to come by than defensemen that can put up bunches of points. This would give you 3 great defensemen. The draft should offer you a nice offense selection if other teams are in the same predicament as use are.

Team 2: Kessel, Lundquist, Pacioretty, Shattenkirk, Datsyuk.
    Depending on what happens in the off season with Dubnyk (and how many goalies become available in your league), I might substitute him for one of those 5 keepers. If he goes to another team, let him go. If he doesn’t fall apart in playoffs and stays with Wild next season he becomes more tempting to keep.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Top Team: Holtby, Shattenkirk, Giordano, and Wheeler IMO

Bottom Team: Shattenkirk, Giordano, Pacioretty. Are there restrictions in this league? Seems to me Weber might not be a bad idea but you probably have your reasons. With a defense like that you could probably trade for another goalie.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigyUI View Post
    Hi guys, just looking for some input on who to keep next year. Both teams in the sig below, both are points only. For the top team there are always decent goalies available in the draft (I didn't keep any G last year), for the bottom team goalies are really hard to get and I don't have my first round pick.

I'm thinking:

Top team (Keep 8)
    For sure: Malkin, Kessel, Benn, Karlsson
    Need 4 of: Holtby, Andersen, Foligno, Okposo, Wheeler, Shattenkirk, Gio, Neal, RNH

I'm thinking hard about keeping both G even though they are plentiful, also might be worth keeping more than one D?

Bottom team (Keep 5)
    For sure: Kessel, Lundquist
    Need 3 of: H.Sedin, Datsyuk, RNH, Shattenkirk, Gio, Dubnyk, Pacioretty

I think I need to keep Dubnyk since I wont have a first rounder and there are 12 teams so G are scarce. Then would probably throw Sedin and Dats in too right?

Any thoughts are appreciated thanks guys
    Yes, Holtby, Andersen and also Shattenkirk and Okposo would be my other four.

Other pool keep Dubnyk, Shatty and I'm torn with the last one. I think I'd roll the dice with RNH, though I may get crucified here with that response. But he's heading into a season where it's all lining up for him
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

thanks a lot for your input guys, some stuff to think about. D are typically not kept in either of these leagues besides Karlsson and Subban, but I knew I should be considering Shattenkirk anyways. Surprised there weren't more votes for Dats and Sedin in the second league, getting older yes but still very relevant with Dats over a ppg when healthy. I am torn on RNH, I've kept him in both leagues for 3 years now, promised myself this would be the last year before bailing since it was hiw 4th year 'breakout' year. With McDavid coming what happens to RNH? Bumps him to second line eventually, and off the PP1? Maybe this isn't all bad because he will get more favorable D matchups, but Hall off his wing surely hurts?
    8 GM, keep 8, 10F 5D 2G
    G/A - 1 W/SO - 2
    F: Malkin, Kessel, Benn, Okposo, Foligno, Ladd, RNH, Wheeler, Oshie, Callahan, Neal, Brassard
    D: Karlsson, Shattenkirk, Giordano, Carlson, Muzzin, Hamonic, Suter
    G: Elliot, Holtby, Andersen, Allen

12 GM, keep 5, 10F 4D 2G
    G/A - 1 GWG - 0.5 W/SO - 2
    F: H.Sedin, Datsyuk, Kessel, Hossa, Ribeiro, Schwartz, Stepan, RNH, Marchand, Pacioretty, Cole
    D: Weber, Jones, Savard, Shattenkirk, Giordano
    G: Lundquist, Dubnyk, Elliott, Smith