Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What about Arizona?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default What about Arizona?

There was the elation and ire of Edmonton winning the lottery. The disappointment of Buffalo losing McDavid, but getting a great consolation prize in Eichel. The near hit by the Leafs who were that close to winning the lottery from 4th place. Well what about the Arizona Coyotes who suffered the worst results in the lottery by losing both McDavid and Eichel? They can't be feeling too good. After all, they did their best to battle the Sabres for 30th overall and the organization could use some much needed excitement. Got to feel for them.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: What about Arizona?

I feel bad for their fan base. Anyone know how to reach him?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have one friend who has been a Yotes fan since they were the Jets. That's some hardcore loyalty lol. He was pretty upset about losing out on McDavid and Eichel. Media hasn't really even touched on it, guess nobody cares about Arizona.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I feel bad for their fan base. Anyone know how to reach him?
    He lives a block away from me. I will tell him you feel for him

Dobber Sports Padawan

I was really pulling for them (if my beloved Leafs didn't win of course). Could have really helped save that franchise if they are indeed at risk of relocation. If memory is correct Pittsburgh was in some financial trouble heading into their lottery win where they nabbed Sid....that worked out well for them

Still have some exciting and promising young players coming through the Zona pipeline though with Domi, Duclair, Samuelsson, Dvorak, Gormley and will still land a great prospect with the #3 pick.

Maybe they will win the Auston Matthews lottery next year!
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Monster

Although I didn't want them to win the lottery, I do feel bad for them. They've never really had a young superstar that sells tickets. Maybe - just maybe - they would be viable with a McDavid type. Generally speaking I think a franchise shouldn't need a superstar to be successful - winning should be enough. I do feel for their fans, the few and the proud.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Speculation is Matthews is actually better than Eichel. At the same time, it starts getting a lot harder to tank next year. Like a lot harder. With the top 3 up for grabs in the lottery, losing could drop you to 4th in the draft even if you finished dead last.

The Great One

If the Oilers didn't win, I wanted the Coyotes to win. That franchise has struggled on and off the ice, so landing a player like McDavid or Eichel would have hopefully solidified the organization. That said, I am also getting a bit tired of hearing about the team's struggles off the ice, especially when there are other cities that would love to have a franchise and would likely not have the same financial troubles.

From a pure fantasy perspective, I would have really liked OEL to have some support. He really is alone in a desert on that team.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Speculation is Matthews is actually better than Eichel. At the same time, it starts getting a lot harder to tank next year. Like a lot harder. With the top 3 up for grabs in the lottery, losing could drop you to 4th in the draft even if you finished dead last.
    I think Matthews is better than Eichel. There are a few really good forwards in the 2016 draft, so in addition to Dylan Strome who they will get this year, there is hope for the future.

If not Matthews, Puljujarvi from Finland would be a nice addition, and the Russian kid Sokolov might be something very special (though with Russians especially you just never know).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I think Matthews is better than Eichel. There are a few really good forwards in the 2016 draft, so in addition to Dylan Strome who they will get this year, there is hope for the future.

If not Matthews, Puljujarvi from Finland would be a nice addition, and the Russian kid Sokolov might be something very special (though with Russians especially you just never know).
    They've gotta take Strome don't they? I guess Marner is an option too. But Hanifin is not a need, especially for Arizona.

Dobber Sports Ninja

At #3 overall, they still have to go BPA. After dealing Yandle, they aren't as deep at D anymore. Consensus seems to be Strome, Hanifin, then Marner for 3-4-5 in that order.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Had they kept Dubnyk a bit longer they could have finished one spot higher in the standings and won the lottery. Just saying.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    They've gotta take Strome don't they? I guess Marner is an option too. But Hanifin is not a need, especially for Arizona.
    Agreed. AZ is game-breaker starved even though they may already have one in Domi coming. They've got lots of good young Dmen with OEL, Murray, Gormley, Stone etc.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

I didn't want Arizona to win the lottery because I figured that not even a kid like McDavid will bring enough star power to save that organization. Why the NHL doesn't just send the team to Las Vegas right now is beyond my comprehension! Sorry Yotes fans, but this team is in trouble.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder View Post
    i feel bad for their fan base. Anyone know how to reach him?
    burn!!!
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Deity

For a team swimming in quality D on their roster, and no room for their high end D prospects in the minors, I don't feel overly sorry for them. They have the ability to make trades for quality forwards and choose not to. Don't tell me there aren't teams crying for quality D out there with quality forwards to trade.

Trading Yandle was the first smart thing this franchise did in some time. It landed them Duclair and some high picks (and John Moore too). Duclair is going to be a very good NHL forward for the Yotes for years.

It's like watching the Oilers hang on to all their high end forwards and not make deals for D or a goalie. If there was ever a trade partner made in heaven it's these two (minus the goalie part of course)
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."