Thread: Stashes for 2015

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Stashes for 2015

16 team. 25 man rosters. Keep 20. Goals, assists, +/-, PIM, PPP, hits, blocks, shots, FOW.

I am in the finals but have been ruthlessly dropping and streaming guys that either were doing nothing or weren't going to play. Klingberg, Kadri, Bjugstad, Rielly and Nelson were all scooped by opponents. If I manage to get to Sunday with a healthy lead I would like to replace them with some bodies that might provide regular value with future upside next year. Similar players next year to what I have lost this year. I can't list everyone available and in fact might not even know who to list, that being the question I am asking, who do you think will go all Lee, Nelson, Bjugstad or Forsberg on us next year? Top of my head, and available:R. Murray, R. Murphy, Zadorov, Wennberg, Draistl, Bennett, Reinhart, V. Rask, Spooner, Pirri...others? Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Stashes for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by duntroon68 View Post
    16 team. 25 man rosters. Keep 20. Goals, assists, +/-, PIM, PPP, hits, blocks, shots, FOW.

I am in the finals but have been ruthlessly dropping and streaming guys that either were doing nothing or weren't going to play. Klingberg, Kadri, Bjugstad, Rielly and Nelson were all scooped by opponents. If I manage to get to Sunday with a healthy lead I would like to replace them with some bodies that might provide regular value with future upside next year. Similar players next year to what I have lost this year. I can't list everyone available and in fact might not even know who to list, that being the question I am asking, who do you think will go all Lee, Nelson, Bjugstad or Forsberg on us next year? Top of my head, and available:R. Murray, R. Murphy, Zadorov, Wennberg, Draistl, Bennett, Reinhart, V. Rask, Spooner, Pirri...others? Thanks

Pretty good list you go there... I personally like Nickushkin (should line up with Benn and seguin), Barkov (2nd yr slump over, should "break out"), Pasternak (getting hot recently, might take that into next yr) , If Pheonix gets mcDavid I love Domi... in fact wherever McDavid goes, I am all over his potential young winger...
    14 team, keep 6 points only (extra point for ppp). no position req.

Malkin, Tavares, Benn, Seguin, Hudler, Little, Barkov, fisher,Backes

Keith , Kronwall, Green , letang, Edler

Quick, Crawford

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Forgot to mention, Nichushkin is another guy I dropped that was scooped. Comes off IR and is NA right when I needed to add players. My matchup was close and he skated 16 on Sunday to my 6. Pisses me off but next year is next year and this year is now.

I got Lee and Girgensons back, and Girgensons is pretty good with these categories and LW eligibility. Next year, of course, but I had an IR spot. Winger FOW. Someone else dropped Palat a couple weeks back so I have him. I've stashed Ryan Murray as well.

The more I look at our list I see some decent D that will be there to draft. I might snag some first rounders with multi cat potential. Guys that are still useful while doing the first three seasons of 30-40 points before hopefully taking off. So hits, blocks, FOW and PIM and and handful of points from future stars? Draisaitl, Bennett, Reinhart, Zadorov...?

Jaskin, Ritchie, Armia, Rieder, Dano, Pakarinen, Trochek, Laughton. I think I can draft these guys next year but they look the type.

Dobber Sports Master

He may not be the biggest name on your list, but I am going to stash Ryan Spooner. I think the cash strapped Bruins are loving his play right now, and see him as being a great replacement for a guy like Carl Soderberg who they don't figure to sign next year given he will want a pay increase. Plus, he is producing right now in the NHL while some of the more hyped guys you listed (Reinhart & Bennett) have a combined 9 games in the big league. Sure, they will both get a shot next year, but in what capacity remains to be seen.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Guru

Burakovsky and Duclair could be solid adds -- both got enough seasoning this year that next year should be a big step up.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrzrk View Post
    in fact wherever McDavid goes, I am all over his potential young winger...
    This is a good thought.

also, on your list I like Draisaitl for next year. Jaskin too.

I think Murray is wasting space on your team. Future President of BAB club
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Dont overlook a guy like Elias Lindholm in Carolina, even in a bad year he has shown some major talent. Hertl surviving the tear down in SJ has real value. Teemu Pulkkinen with a full season should make some major steps. Sam Bennet is a no brainer for Hartley's system. Draisaitl if your an eternal optimist and believe the Edmonton youth movement finally takes hold. And just cause i'm a sucker for punishment... the new king of the Band Aid Boys - Beau Bennet!
    18 Team Full Keeper Start 10F, 3D, 1 G, 1 Flex Skater, 3 ​JR

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, SHG, SHA, W 1.5 Point: PPA 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG .5 Point; Star .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

F:
    Johansen, JvR, Monahan, Kucherov, Tavares, Coyle, Pastrnak, Draisaitl, Rakell, Dadanov, Pacioretti, Gusev, Kaprizov, Tomasino, ​Greenway
    D: Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Valimaki, Hughes, K Miller, ​Grzelcyk
    G: Holtby, Gibson, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks.

Burakovky, Hertl and Lindholm are owned. Strangely, someone just dropped Ehrhoff, again over 400 players are owned and so maybe the old guy is the way to go. But again there are some decent D available. Tanev, Martinez, De Haan, Spurgeon, who might get some points, block some shots and, maybe, hit someone. I have Kronwall, Phaneuf, J. Johnson, D.Savard and Michael Stone. Gudbranson too but he was a pick up this week. Still, I'm mostly thinking of guys who will be OK next year, better than OK in the future and enough hype that I would want to grab them before the draft.

Murray is filling an unused IR slot. Figured it's no risk to wait until next year with him.

I like S. Bennett's PIM in junior. That looks like some extra category points. I read somewhere that Reinhart is a good faceoff guy. Best chance of future PP time with McDavid, or at least Eichel. Draisaitl draws Kopitar comparisons which would be good but that could be the lazy comparison i.e. they're both Central European. Jaskin plays Sunday, so I'll grab him about 90 minutes from now. Pulkinnen is available as is Jurco. Wennberg is hitting about once per game and taking some faceoffs. Duclair, Domi, Horvat, Laughton, I will ponder some more.

Maybe related, what's up with Johan Larsson? He's put numbers in every category in my league this week including FOW from LW, although you can have the -2. Literally the only player on my roster to do so.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bennett, Reinhart, Draisaitl and Domi are blue-chip prospects, they should definitely be owned at this point. Don't focus so much on peripheral stats with prospects, focus more on their offensive upside. Jaskin, Pulkkinen, Wennberg, Jurco and Horvat are already playing in the NHL, so they provide some immediate help while still holding very good upside (just not as much as those 4 I mentioned at first). Jaskin is probably the best player for the rest of the season and he still has very good upside as well.

Kopitar comparisons are not far off with Draisaitl, he at least tries to play similar puck-possession type of game as Kopitar. He probably won't become as effective defensively but their offensive game is sort of similar.

Don't bother with Larsson long-term. 3rd line upside in my opinion. But he can help you for the rest of the season, getting good minutes right now because the team is AHL level.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks.

My season lasts til tomorrow. It's not so much the peripheral stats in the future as much as rostering a guy next year that gets 30 points with 20's in the other cats. I cannot own all the prospects so I want to own the multi-catters. Guys that can get me some hits and FOW while waiting for the break out. Still, I can stash the big names, wait til next fall to see how they fall out in camp, and draft some of the lesser hyped guys. I have some decent category leads so I'm going to wait out today and see how many guys I need to get through tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Here are a few guys I'll be looking to draft next year in our prospect pool, which any player under 100 GP for skaters or 50 GP for goalies are eligible:

Kevin Hayes and Nikita Zadorov