Thread: Palat vs JVR... Who's the better Keeper?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Palat vs JVR... Who's the better Keeper?

Dobber shows Palat jumped another 10'spots on the top 300. In fact, he's jumpped a near 10 spots for each of the past 3 months. Currently ranked 42... At this pace he'll be close to a top 30 player by seasons end.

JVR has plummeted. 37 spots over this month alone and is clearly trending downward (now a top 80 player)

I get the Top 300 focuses on a players marketability.

So... Is Palat now a more valuable keeper for me than JVR?

See cats and team below.

C- Tavares, Getz, RNH
    L - Hall, Palat
    R - Perry, Kucherov
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, OEL, Rielly (working on a trade for Josi to replace Rielly)
    G - Crawford, Bob,
    Util - 1 of Vasilevskiy or CALLAHAN, or Vrbata.

Is what my team would look like if I kept Palat over JVR and managed to land Josi for Eberle plus.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Palat vs JVR... Who's the better Keeper?

For your league setup, I can see this being pretty close but my preference is Palat.

Offensively, I prefer Palat, even though JVR scores more goals. I just like the surrounding cast in Tampa a hell of a lot more than what Toronto offers. I think Toronto gets worse in the off-season (Kessel and Phaneuf should be on the move) before they start to get better. Even though Palat has missed some games this year, he's still on pace to out produce JVR.

The +/- isn't even close and considering that's worth 3 in your league, that is a big gap on the Palat side.

JVR will get more PIMs and is currently getting more PPP, but I dont think those will offset the other things that Palat does better.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm kinda feeling the same Ax.

I had pondered keeping Palat over JVR but that's when I still had Eberle as my RW 2. But I have a chance to move Eberle for Josi which I think I like for his final 2 games. (Gotta sit some RW games to avoid going over) and am slowly convinced Josi for Eberle is a good move for next year. But Josi owner also wants JVR which is less of an issue if I replace JVR with Palat (having already replaced Eberle with Kuch).

Seems a bit heavy to pay for Josi, but if Palat is deemed the better keeper, I may just drop JVR anyway and therefore, would rather do so with Josi coming back.

I...am your father.

Today, a lot of that ranking is immediate production. Next month, the season is in the books and we look ahead to next year so look for the 'immediacy' factor to change things and JVR go back up (and Palat maybe slips a bit).

Because Palat is so good defensively, he is in danger of becoming a TJ Oshie. This is because the Lightning have Drouin and Namestnikov eyeing scoring-line spots in a couple of years. For this reason, I'd actually consider these two players pretty close to equal
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Today, a lot of that ranking is immediate production. Next month, the season is in the books and we look ahead to next year so look for the 'immediacy' factor to change things and JVR go back up (and Palat maybe slips a bit).

Because Palat is so good defensively, he is in danger of becoming a TJ Oshie. This is because the Lightning have Drouin and Namestnikov eyeing scoring-line spots in a couple of years. For this reason, I'd actually consider these two players pretty close to equal
    Seems you and Axeman are on the same page. Fair enough. And with JVR, if the Leafs keep him (and I hope they do as a Leaf fan) I am guessing we won't see any significant change (probably the reverse) out of JVR and his new mates next year and perhaps 2 or 3 years into the future?

Which gravitates me closer to Palat. But I hear what you're saying... how fantastic will Palat continue to be if he finds himself on the 3rd line vs JVR on (albeit) a very Green 1st line.

X-factor... do the Leafs actually decide to trade JVR? (hmmm).

At the end of the day, JVR has little to no trade value in my league except for the Guy who's been trying to get Eberle and JVR for Josi.

Sure it may be overpayment, but I'm definitely keeping Kucherov and it really comes down to Eberle or JVR as my final keeper. However, if I can keep Palat instead, then I could move Both Eberle and JVR to the Josi owner (this year's expansion team) and Bolster my D right now (currently 69 points out of 1st and not paying JVR and rarely Eberle due to Max Games) and allow me to keep Karlsson, Carlson, OEL and Josi (rather than the first 3 and Rielly instead of Josi which is my projected Keeper D for 2016.

And I have a guaranteed top 5 pick as well as pick #11 0r 12 (depending on finish) and Pick #13 (1st pick in the 2nd round). So while I thought this was my year and still may be, clearly with 3 picks in the top 13... I'm poised to blast out of the gate.

So... Move JVR and Ebele and Keep Palat and add in Josi?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Seems you and Axeman are on the same page. Fair enough. And with JVR, if the Leafs keep him (and I hope they do as a Leaf fan) I am guessing we won't see any significant change (probably the reverse) out of JVR and his new mates next year and perhaps 2 or 3 years into the future?

Which gravitates me closer to Palat. But I hear what you're saying... how fantastic will Palat continue to be if he finds himself on the 3rd line vs JVR on (albeit) a very Green 1st line.

X-factor... do the Leafs actually decide to trade JVR? (hmmm).

At the end of the day, JVR has little to no trade value in my league except for the Guy who's been trying to get Eberle and JVR for Josi.

Sure it may be overpayment, but I'm definitely keeping Kucherov and it really comes down to Eberle or JVR as my final keeper. However, if I can keep Palat instead, then I could move Both Eberle and JVR to the Josi owner (this year's expansion team) and Bolster my D right now (currently 69 points out of 1st and not paying JVR and rarely Eberle due to Max Games) and allow me to keep Karlsson, Carlson, OEL and Josi (rather than the first 3 and Rielly instead of Josi which is my projected Keeper D for 2016.

And I have a guaranteed top 5 pick as well as pick #11 0r 12 (depending on finish) and Pick #13 (1st pick in the 2nd round). So while I thought this was my year and still may be, clearly with 3 picks in the top 13... I'm poised to blast out of the gate.

So... Move JVR and Ebele and Keep Palat and add in Josi?
    If it really comes down to Josi and Palat or Eberle and JVR, I'll take Josi and Palat. JVR and Palat are so close in value, the difference is minimal.

Try getting something extra out of him, maybe a draft pick. Eberle and JVR for Josi seems lopsided, so you should be able to get a draft pick from him. After that, you can happily keep Palat.

Dobber Sports Titan

You don’t have to make any decisions now right? Just wait till the draft and see who Toronto move’s or drafts. Let’s say by some off chance they land Eichel or McDavid with their own pick, Kessel won’t be moved, and JvR won’t. JvR and Kessel just got a massive bump in their production potential.

JvR I think will have a higher ranking (based on just having a terrible back half this yr) than Palat. If you toss JvR back into the redraft pool, he’ll be gone 1st-3rd round. Palat could hang around till 3rd-4th round. I think it’ll be much easier to draft Palat again than JvR. Also, I don’t have a huge amount of faith that TJ and that 2nd line of Tampa to be as productive next yr.

Just as a note, with the injuries TBL have right now the lines are:
    Killorn – Fippula – Stamkos
    Drouin – Paquette – Callahan
    Palat – Namestnikov – Kucherov
    Morrow – Boyle – Brown

Palat has dropped to the 3rd line and Palat is on the 2nd line PP right now too, which gets like 0 ice time. Palat may be a solid 2nd to 3rd LW, but at least you know JvR will be getting a fair bit of ice time game in and game out. His biggest threat to him is himself.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    You don’t have to make any decisions now right? Just wait till the draft and see who Toronto move’s or drafts. Let’s say by some off chance they land Eichel or McDavid with their own pick, Kessel won’t be moved, and JvR won’t. JvR and Kessel just got a massive bump in their production potential.

JvR I think will have a higher ranking (based on just having a terrible back half this yr) than Palat. If you toss JvR back into the redraft pool, he’ll be gone 1st-3rd round. Palat could hang around till 3rd-4th round. I think it’ll be much easier to draft Palat again than JvR. Also, I don’t have a huge amount of faith that TJ and that 2nd line of Tampa to be as productive next yr.

Just as a note, with the injuries TBL have right now the lines are:
    Killorn – Fippula – Stamkos
    Drouin – Paquette – Callahan
    Palat – Namestnikov – Kucherov
    Morrow – Boyle – Brown

Palat has dropped to the 3rd line and Palat is on the 2nd line PP right now too, which gets like 0 ice time. Palat may be a solid 2nd to 3rd LW, but at least you know JvR will be getting a fair bit of ice time game in and game out. His biggest threat to him is himself.
    no... you're right. I don't have to move either right now... But when I'm looking at finishing -2 games played on D (and already have sat Eberle and JVR as I'm over on LW/RW games played)... Maybe...just maybe Josi helps me close the 69 point game I currently have between me and 1st place. Hence my eagerness to do something today and still get Josi's 3 or 4 more game (as right now I'm forced to use Rielly and Gardiner as my #4 and #5 D behind Karlsson, Carlson and OEL... what with Ehrhoff and Vlasic out with injury).

That's the reason for my desire to make the move now.

#2... Yes... I AM a Leaf Fan and No, I don't believe they will "win" the lottery and land McDavid or even less so... Eichel. So I'm picturing JVR with (immediately or eventually) Strome or Marner... How much better can either make JVR than BOZAK currently is doing. AND How long till then?

A little more back story to my motivation.

Dobber Sports Icon

Josi will be a beast in the near future, the price is steep...but, looking at your situation, and JVRs situation vs Palats I would almost be willing to move Palat and Ebs for Josi, keep JVR and try and squeeze a little something outta the other GM. I mean he at least has to make it look good right?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    If it really comes down to Josi and Palat or Eberle and JVR, I'll take Josi and Palat. JVR and Palat are so close in value, the difference is minimal.

Try getting something extra out of him, maybe a draft pick. Eberle and JVR for Josi seems lopsided, so you should be able to get a draft pick from him. After that, you can happily keep Palat.
    Or...what's behind for #3? JVR and Josi and move Palat and Eberle?

Dobber Sports Titan

I had a big thing typed up saying if you can get JvR and Josi I much rather that. But I’d take door 3, Eberle has shown his old self in this back half of the yr, but he does that every yr. I’m pretty sure he’s a career PPG after the All-Star break. So this is a good sell high.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

...that's what i'm sayin.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)