Thread: Ovi goal dominance

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Ovi goal dominance

Ovi is awesome. I like this article.

Highlighting this part: "Ovechkin's ten-season span (with a handful of games to go) is the 10th most-dominant in terms of raw goal differential (135) and 13th most-dominant in terms of his percentage lead over his runner-up (Ovechkin has scored 40.2% more goals than Jarome Iginla over the past ten seasons)."

http://www.japersrink.com/2015/3/31/...-alex-ovechkin

Damn lock-outs. How many goals do people think they robbed him of? 100 at least?
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Ovi goal dominance

in my mind he lost 82 games for his 18-year old rookie year in the first lockout and another 34 games from the second lockout. theres no guarantee he wouldve been 'alexander ovechkin' had he played in the nhl right away at 18 but i could see him missing 50 goals from those missed games alone.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Craziest part of the article....Ovechkin leads the NHL in goals since 2001-02. His rookie year was 2005-06.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Craziest part of the article....Ovechkin leads the NHL in goals since 2001-02. His rookie year was 2005-06.
    Haha, that's awesome! Lots of people love to hate on OV, but man, he's really dominant at scoring goals. Not bad in roto leagues that count SOG and Hits either!

Always been a fan of his ability and thought that he got a bad rap for that large minus season. Funny this is that before that ugly minus-35 season, he was a plus for all but two of those, minus-8 in 2011/12 and minus-19 in his sophomore season 2006/07. So he's had 7 plus seasons (including this one) and 3 minus seasons and of those plus seasons, he was a plus-45, plus-28 and plus-24. If you are a believer in individual plus/minus stats (I am not), if you are going to rail on OV for that ugly minus-35 season, then you've got to praise him even more for that plus-45 year. Plus/minus for individuals is all bunk anyway, it's a great team stat though, just misapplied as an individual indicator of defensive prowess.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

Plus he had a couple of down seasons, comparatively. Many thought he was done lol.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO