Thread: Help with my last move - REP

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Help with my last move - REP

Alright, so I'm down to my last move. Very close matchup.

Currently, I'm down by 3 assists and PPP. Although I have Ovy, Crosby and backstrom going the last 2 nights and Sunday I have 12 players playing vs his 6.

SV% is also relatively close. Mine is .893 and his is .912. I've had about 7 starts this week to his 3. He has price going tomorrow, and possibly hillier Sunday. I have varly tomorrow, and possibly bob, and neimi on Sunday.

I'm tempted to pick up Greiss to spot start tomorrow. Really that's my only legit shot at a SO. I have 1 move left. Take a gamble on a Greiss/Varly tandem tomorrow vs the worst 2 teams in the league or save my move and add a player for Sunday? Slim pickings on waivers.

Need help ASAP, will rep!!!

I...am your father.

Default Re: Help with my last move - REP

Keep in mind that I advised not grabbing Bachman tonight to a guy, so my luck is not good right now. But I like your Greiss idea and I would do that
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks dobber. I think I'm going to gamble on Greiss. I need 1 win to guarantee the W category. Two good games from my goalies and one dud from price could really swing things for me.

Otherwise I can start Bob vs the blues and add another forward (likely Lee, although I need assists and not goals) and hope for the best.

Another factor for consideration may also be that I plan on getting pretty drunk tomorrow night, I may forget to make the add lol

Dobber Sports Sage

I would use the move on Greiss. Arizona is an AHL team. Given the huge advantage in skater games you have, I think I would use the move on the G.

Dobber Sports Wizard

As a Flower owner, I am against the Greiss move. The Penguins, if you haven't been watching, are playing like $h!t. They got B!TCH slapped by Carolina, arguably the worst team in the league, the other day. They have serious problems. They are not clearing guys from the net and allowing too many scoring opportunities. Just as bad, they are not scoring. Geno is supposed to return. But even still, their overall team awareness is horrible right now. They look like a team who has no identity or answer for how to get out of this mess. In short, they are not playing with any urgency. That is a VERY scary thing to trust or overlook. Buyer beware with Penguin goalies right now.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks everyone. Rep distributed. I did make the move and take a gamble on Greiss.

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    As a Flower owner, I am against the Greiss move. The Penguins, if you haven't been watching, are playing like $h!t. They got B!TCH slapped by Carolina, arguably the worst team in the league, the other day. They have serious problems. They are not clearing guys from the net and allowing too many scoring opportunities. Just as bad, they are not scoring. Geno is supposed to return. But even still, their overall team awareness is horrible right now. They look like a team who has no identity or answer for how to get out of this mess. In short, they are not playing with any urgency. That is a VERY scary thing to trust or overlook. Buyer beware with Penguin goalies right now.
    I agree with you, Pen's have been dissapointing (Crosby and Perron are killing me). But even awful goalies have looked good against Arizona this season, they wouldn't even be the best team in the AHL. I guess I'm just hoping for a bounceback after that embarassing game against Carolina.

My matchup is really close, but without making a goalie move I'm essentially rolling over and taking the loss in 2/4 goalie catergories (SO are tied). Assists and PPP I'm down by 3 each which is close enough given all my stars play both nights this weekend, I'm pretty sure my buddy is sweating knowing that's his lead and he still has to deal with 2 games from OVy, Crosby and Backtrom - who have all been quiet so far.

I guess I just figure anyone against Arizona is pretty much the best matchup you can have at this point. It doesn't look like there will be any decent matchups Sunday (Seems like all the backups are getting a start tonight), so rolling Varly vs. Buff and Greiss vs. Ari seems to be my best shot at making the goalie cat's interesting. (He's only had 3 starts so far this week, one bad outing for him and the goalie cat's can swing).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Thanks everyone. Rep distributed. I did make the move and take a gamble on Greiss.

I agree with you, Pen's have been dissapointing (Crosby and Perron are killing me). But even awful goalies have looked good against Arizona this season, they wouldn't even be the best team in the AHL. I guess I'm just hoping for a bounceback after that embarassing game against Carolina.

My matchup is really close, but without making a goalie move I'm essentially rolling over and taking the loss in 2/4 goalie catergories (SO are tied). Assists and PPP I'm down by 3 each which is close enough given all my stars play both nights this weekend, I'm pretty sure my buddy is sweating knowing that's his lead and he still has to deal with 2 games from OVy, Crosby and Backtrom - who have all been quiet so far.

I guess I just figure anyone against Arizona is pretty much the best matchup you can have at this point. It doesn't look like there will be any decent matchups Sunday (Seems like all the backups are getting a start tonight), so rolling Varly vs. Buff and Greiss vs. Ari seems to be my best shot at making the goalie cat's interesting. (He's only had 3 starts so far this week, one bad outing for him and the goalie cat's can swing).

I understand. If it's your only shot, you have to roll him with fingers crossed. Just be pleasantly surprised if he comes out of it smelling like a "flower". But don't be stunned if he gets lit up like a Christmas tree: Ho Ho Ho!

At any rate, I wish you luck. Whew! Gut-wrenching decision.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury