Thread: Jake Lamb

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Jake Lamb

Is this kid a legit prospect coming up or suspect? I know about Tomas possibly being groomed to play 3B (at least that's what they were hoping for) but he hasn't looked great there from what I am reading online and it's looking like Lamb has a shot to make the roster out of spring training.

Is he worth a look in deeper leagues?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Jake Lamb

From everything I've heard, he's a pretty average prospect when it comes to his major league outlook. I think a fair comparison for him is a Will Middlebrooks-type with a slightly better eye at the plate if his minor league walk rate can come back.

I'd say he's a decent prospect depending on the depth of your league but there are also a lot of other prospects I'd rather own if your league is so deep that Jake Lamb is relevant.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    From everything I've heard, he's a pretty average prospect when it comes to his major league outlook. I think a fair comparison for him is a Will Middlebrooks-type with a slightly better eye at the plate if his minor league walk rate can come back.

I'd say he's a decent prospect depending on the depth of your league but there are also a lot of other prospects I'd rather own if your league is so deep that Jake Lamb is relevant.
    20 team league for me... Your probably tired of me saying that. But Jake Lamb is available and given he's one of the top Yahoo ranked guys available...I suppose he's relevant.

My 3b currently shakes out as follows.

3b, Moustakas, E. Escobar (SS, 2b), Semien (who I hope will soon be SS Eligible)

But I've been offered guys like Doolittle and The #1 SP in Arizona for Moustakas. Just not sure Lamb is a viable replacement.

Dobber Sports Titan

He’s great defensively, but he’s got to leap frog Tomas at third, or have an injury in the OF to move Tomas out there. He was a natural SS, but moved to 3rd base, so he can field the ball like no other 3rd baseman. He’s been groomed to hit for average, but has power in his swing, just don’t expect it right when he gets into games. He wont get SB, but not many 3rd basemans will. He has a lot of talent, but has an obstical in Tomas in front of him. Tomas hasn’t had a great Spring training, but the ADB Depth Chart still lists Tomas as ahead of Lamb.

Because of his defense, even if he is average/sub-par at the plate, he could still get at-bats once he's a starter

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He’s great defensively, but he’s got to leap frog Tomas at third, or have an injury in the OF to move Tomas out there. He was a natural SS, but moved to 3rd base, so he can field the ball like no other 3rd baseman. He’s been groomed to hit for average, but has power in his swing, just don’t expect it right when he gets into games. He wont get SB, but not many 3rd basemans will. He has a lot of talent, but has an obstical in Tomas in front of him. Tomas hasn’t had a great Spring training, but the ADB Depth Chart still lists Tomas as ahead of Lamb.

Because of his defense, even if he is average/sub-par at the plate, he could still get at-bats once he's a starter
    But the idea of a break out is likely not in the cards early this season (or this season at all) due largely in part of opportunity?

Dobber Sports Titan

I’d say if Tomas struggles you could see a split. I wouldn’t lean on Lamb. Baseball is a long season, I’d wait a few weeks before making any decisions. You’re leagues deep, so if you dropped Lamb, the guy with Tomas may scopp him up for free just to have the insurance.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    20 team league for me... Your probably tired of me saying that. But Jake Lamb is available and given he's one of the top Yahoo ranked guys available...I suppose he's relevant.

My 3b currently shakes out as follows.

3b, Moustakas, E. Escobar (SS, 2b), Semien (who I hope will soon be SS Eligible)

But I've been offered guys like Doolittle and The #1 SP in Arizona for Moustakas. Just not sure Lamb is a viable replacement.
    I like Moose more than Lamb if for no other reason than pedigree. I also agree with OG2014 that Lamb isn't a guy you can lean on yet. Plus I'd want a little more than Doolittle considering his injury (it's a shoulder which could be bad if it gets re-aggravated)
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lamb is probably worth a shot as a "stash" option but I wouldn't count on him as a starter, but, if ARI decides to send Tomas down, Lamb will be the hottest commodity on the market and may no longer be available. He's also been taking turns at 1B to give him some added flexibility to spell Goldschmidt occasionally.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek

Dobber Sports Titan

Well after just 2 games he’s done pretty well.
    4AB-1R-2H-1HR-7RBI-2.1OPS.

He seems like he’ll even stay at 3B even when Tomas is called back up. And the D-Backs aren’t paying him 68mill to stay in Triple-A. I was happy with Tomas’s 3B, OF option because I could use him in my IF slot, but with the White Sox’s Rodon on my NA slot, I’m not sure how much longer I can hold onto Tomas when Lamb is doing what he’s doing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Well after just 2 games he’s done pretty well.
    4AB-1R-2H-1HR-7RBI-2.1OPS.

He seems like he’ll even stay at 3B even when Tomas is called back up. And the D-Backs aren’t paying him 68mill to stay in Triple-A. I was happy with Tomas’s 3B, OF option because I could use him in my IF slot, but with the White Sox’s Rodon on my NA slot, I’m not sure how much longer I can hold onto Tomas when Lamb is doing what he’s doing.
    Ofcourse he has! ARGH! lol But Moose has been good for me.