Thread: Zack Wheeler could need TJ Surgery

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Zack Wheeler could need TJ Surgery

And I damn near traded for him last week. Phew!

https://twitter.com/AmericasPregame/...93454294368256

TOUGH BLOW. #Mets Right-hander Zack Wheeler has torn elbow ligament, might need Tommy John
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Zack Wheeler could need TJ Surgery

Pretty sure it’s all but confirmed he’ll be getting TJ. He’s doing the same thing Darvish did, get like 100 opinions. When 1 doctor says you need TJ, pretty sure 99.9% of the doctor population would agree, the 0.1% would be like a holistic doctor saying to rub ecliptic leaves on it.

The TJ surgery scare is a bit overdone now. They get the yr off to rest and work out and such, then take 6months to condition. It sucks because they get a yr older without a yr of production, but I don’t think it has the same after effects as it used to.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it’s all but confirmed he’ll be getting TJ. He’s doing the same thing Darvish did, get like 100 opinions. When 1 doctor says you need TJ, pretty sure 99.9% of the doctor population would agree, the 0.1% would be like a holistic doctor saying to rub ecliptic leaves on it.

The TJ surgery scare is a bit overdone now. They get the yr off to rest and work out and such, then take 6months to condition. It sucks because they get a yr older without a yr of production, but I don’t think it has the same after effects as it used to.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Bringing back an old thread here....update on Yahoo regarding his rehab stint:

Zack Wheeler has been backed off his rehab due to renewed elbow discomfort.

Advice: He won't throw his scheduled simulated game this week, and this will also further delay a minor league rehab assignment. Wheeler had been aiming to return from Tommy John surgery shortly after the All-Star break. He might now be sidelined through all of July. The right-hander is scheduled to be examined by Mets team doctors on Wednesday in New York.
    I'm in a 14 team league with only 2 DL spots and he's been sitting on mine all season. I also own JD and Cole so I'm basically killing a bench spot waiting. Is this worth the wait for Wheeler? Even if he does come back in what now seems like mid-late July at the earliest, how helpful can he be? Track record coming back from TJS mid season isn't the best.

There isn't that much that is appealing on the wire but it's more about maximizing my weekly numbers.

Dobber Sports Titan

I had seen he had a setback, and seeing this threadI thought he was going under the knife again. A bit of a relief when I realized the TJS comments were a year old. Still not a great situation though, as I have him in two leagues.

HR - It depends on if you think you need him more in the playoffs, or if you need the roster space now to make the playoffs. Also if he would be a keeper next season or not.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I have Pence and Darvish on my DL. I had Wheeler on my DL at the start of the season but needed the spot. I was going to pick him up but the set back made me rethink it. I’m trying to setup my team for next season and I’ll likely add and stash for next season.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll