View Poll Results: What race do you identify with?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • White/Caucasian

54 75.00%
  • Black/African American

1 1.39%
  • Hispanic/Latino

0 0%
  • Asian

9 12.50%
  • Hawaiian or Pacific Islander

0 0%
  • Native/American Indian

1 1.39%
  • Two or more races

7 9.72%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Racial Diversity of forum members

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Racial Diversity of forum members

Odd thread but I took part in the poll.. Born in T.O. and live in central Canada now!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't a single black out of 55 responses...
    I was initially under the impression that it was much more diverse but I was way off. I guess it explains why a lot of the casual racism that is permitted though. Unfortunate.

Dobber Sports Giant

Born and raised in terrace British Columbia. German and Swedish decent.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Half Prussian (modern day Germany) Half Irish (could be a tinge of Scottish mixed in)

Until my parents wed there was literally no history of ever marrying outside of nationalities. I also in turn married a complete 100% Prusian women.

For lack of a better term my children are essentially Arian.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Born in Toronto but my parents are from Italy.
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Genius

I googled "stormtrooper and ancestry" and came up with very little to share....so....all I'll say is that I'm white, born and raised in small town eastern Ontario with roots in Scotland, Ireland and Germany.
    Interesting read.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Stay the HELL away from me man.
    Settle down now, bondon. Unless I'm way, way off, I'm guessing that you're the wrong gender.

RETIRED

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I googled "stormtrooper and ancestry" and came up with very little to share....so....all I'll say is that I'm white, born and raised in small town eastern Ontario with roots in Scotland, Ireland and Germany.
    Interesting read.
    Weren't all stormtroopers clones of the original Janga Fett? Looking him up, his parents were of Scottish, Irish and Māori decent so you've got some Pacific Islander in there too

Banned

Just signed in again after a couple weeks away and saw that Bomm Bastic was nice enough to give me an infraction for calling out racism on these boards, thanks man!
    So much for diversity of forum members and being sensitive and accommodating to members of all racial backgrounds. Apparently things here work just like they do in the real world, just whitewash it all over and protect your friends. My question is, what does Dobber think of what you are doing? This is his site after all, it's his image you are messing with, I can't imagine he wants his forums being known as a place of racial insensitivity and intolerance! I know we only appear to make up 25% of the general population here but I can't imagine Dobber wants to lose 25% of his users just because you guys can't be honest and up front and do the right thing.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Just signed in again after a couple weeks away and saw that Bomm Bastic was nice enough to give me an infraction for calling out racism on these boards, thanks man!
    So much for diversity of forum members and being sensitive and accommodating to members of all racial backgrounds. Apparently things here work just like they do in the real world, just whitewash it all over and protect your friends. My question is, what does Dobber think of what you are doing? This is his site after all, it's his image you are messing with, I can't imagine he wants his forums being known as a place of racial insensitivity and intolerance! I know we only appear to make up 25% of the general population here but I can't imagine Dobber wants to lose 25% of his users just because you guys can't be honest and up front and do the right thing.
    So much for diversity of forum members and being sensitive and accommodating to members of all racial backgrounds
    He's busy slandering minorities, no time for hockey
    Is this your way of being sensitive and accommodating? The smiley face seems especially serious and sensitive.

Anyway, this thread bores me. It bored me when you started it and it bored others enough to ignore it for the last two weeks. Then you jump in two days later and revive it. Still too boring to generate a response so two weeks later you revive it again. Zzzzz nice try but it's going to die again because it's a boring thread. You're boring. Stop boring everybody.

Locked.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi