Thread: Pulock or Bowey

Dobber Sports Master

Default Pulock or Bowey

First team in my signature; points only.

In our league, all teams are permitted two additional "adds" after the trade deadline to allow teams to load up on roster players for the playoffs or prospects for next year. While I will probably use one of the adds to get ready for the playoffs, I would like to use one on a young dman for my depleted blueline corps. I think my best two available choices are Ryan Pulock (NYI) and Madison Bowey (Wash). While both have seen their stock rise this past season, which one of the two will:
    A) score more points per season / career (leaning towards Pulock)
    B) be a regular NHL defenseman sooner (leaning towards Bowey)

Lots of speculating involved, I know, but the more I hear from you, the better I will feel about making a choice of one over the other.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Pulock or Bowey

I think Pulock will outpoint Bowey and will be in the NHL or sooner than Bowey who is only 19 and still in junior. Pulock is having a terrific year in Bridgeport and is on the brink of making the Islanders who look like they're going to be an offensive powerhouse for years to come.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I think Pulock will outpoint Bowey and will be in the NHL or sooner than Bowey who is only 19 and still in junior. Pulock is having a terrific year in Bridgeport and is on the brink of making the Islanders who look like they're going to be an offensive powerhouse for years to come.
    I'm going with Pulock also here.

I'd add that Bowey is a little bit stuck behind a couple of great right-handed defenseman in Washington with Carlson,Niskanen and Green (UFA).
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Wizard

Pulock has similar upside but is closer to the NHL, so I'd go with him. But they're really close in value.

Dobber Sports Master

Three votes for Pulock. None yet for Bowey. Anyone else?

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pulock for me too..... Higher ceiling, in the NHL within 2 years.

Dobber Sports Master

Ok, just to confuse the matter, I currently own Jon Merrill (NJ) and Joe Morrow (Bos). Would Pulock, the apparent choice over Bowey, be a better keeper than either of these two; Merrill already in the NHL and Morrow considered a pretty good prospect himself?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Ok, just to confuse the matter, I currently own Jon Merrill (NJ) and Joe Morrow (Bos). Would Pulock, the apparent choice over Bowey, be a better keeper than either of these two; Merrill already in the NHL and Morrow considered a pretty good prospect himself?
    I would take both Pulock and Bowey over Merrill and Morrow. Merrill is already in the NHL but his upside is way lower. And I'm not a fan of Morrow. Decent prospect but nowhere near the level of Pulock or Bowey in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Legend

I would also go:

1. Pulock
    2. Merrill
    3. Bowey
    4. Morrow

Although Merrill could surprise. I still think Severson will end up the stud on the Devils blue line... and Larsson is starting to reinvigorate me a little.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka