Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anders Lee

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Anders Lee

Keepers' league, points only

I'm trying to aquire him.

What is his upside in your opinion?

The other GM asked me for Vrbata in return for him.

Would you do it?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Anders Lee

Points only, maybe 60-65pts in a career year? He'll probably be a more consistent 45-50pt guy and a lot of that is depending on lining up next to Tavares and while he is clicking there over the last couple of months it's never a guarantee that he sticks longterm. But he is quite a bit younger than Vrbata so I'd probably make that trade if you're not going to win your league this year.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd take that deal. Lee is only going to get better. Vrbata has already starter to float from line to line.

Banned

Even if Lee doesn't play with Tavares, he will play with Strome. The guy is gonna score, no matter what. Much more valuable player than Vrbata.

Dobber Sports Ace

I had both guys on my team and dropped Vrbata in favour of Lee a month or two ago. Lee is on the upswing, as are his teammates. Vrbata (while still a very good player) is on the back nine, not to mention that his value really is tied to the Sedins'. I'm taking Tavares and Strome over the Sedins any day, and for that reason, I'm also taking Lee over Vrbata.

Dobber Sports Star

I would probably do this deal. Going forward, at worst Lee will probably produce around Vrbata numbers.

Dobber Sports Genius

I would take the deal....agree with a 55-60 points upside for Lee
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Titan

They may even try Okposo with Strome next yr and keep Lee on with Tavares. Tavares has played better since Okposo has gone down, but that could be him putting the team on his back.

He’s 6’3”, 227lbs, and loves to use his body. Looking at his stats he’s a “Strong Goal Scorer”. More goals than assists really. When this happens, I think of Jeff Carter. Could have a big yr (+35G, +35A) then settles into a 30G, 20A trend
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

If he plays with Tavares, his upside won't be 55-60 points. He will score 40 goals if he plays with Okposo and Tavares and gets all that icetime next year. Lee has by far the lowest average icetime of any player in the league with 20+ goals. Plus, he has 50 points already in his fist 83 NHL games, barely any of it playing with JT or more than 14 min of ice a game. Huge upside.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    If he plays with Tavares, his upside won't be 55-60 points. He will score 40 goals if he plays with Okposo and Tavares and gets all that icetime next year. Lee has by far the lowest average icetime of any player in the league with 20+ goals. Plus, he has 50 points already in his fist 83 NHL games, barely any of it playing with JT or more than 14 min of ice a game. Huge upside.
    40 goals?

That's optimistic I think. He's a good player but not that good. You can't score 40 goals in today's NHL just be piggybacking on an elite center.

50-60 points most years I think is realistic.

Banned

It's not piggybacking. The guy scores goals.
    Every level he has played at, every year he has played.
    He has scored 30 in his first 82 NHL games - with only 16 of those games with JT
    (and 8 goals in those 16 games by the way... what pace would that give him?)
    And all of this with 14min a night.
    I don't know if he sees a full season on the top line with top-line minutes, but...
    If he plays a full season with JT and Okposo and gets 18+ minutes a night, you are wrong if you think 40 is unreasonable. And, we were talking upside here.

Banned

Hoffman, Beleskey, Niederreiter are right there with him in terms of average ice time but Leee has been playing 3+ minutes more in the last month or two

Lee has 16 points in the last 30 days, and his average ice time has been 17:46 in that period, playing with Tavares. That's almost half his points right there this season.

I think 30 would be a good number for his upside

Administrator

Put me down for 30/30 as the best we'll see from Lee. Pretty awesome total in today's NHL.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

It's not piggybacking. The guy scores goals.
    Every level he has played at, every year he has played.
    He has scored 30 in his first 82 NHL games - with only 16 of those games with JT
    (and 8 goals in those 16 games by the way... what pace would that give him?)
    And all of this with 14min a night.
    I don't know if he sees a full season on the top line with top-line minutes, but...
    If he plays a full season with JT and Okposo and gets 18+ minutes a night, you are wrong if you think 40 is unreasonable. And, we were talking upside here.
    You said "he will score 40 goals next year". That is different than "talking about upside here". 8 goals in 16 games and you're saying he's a 40 goal scorer? Taylor Hall has never been on 40-goal pace in his entire career. Parise has only done it once. TAVARES never has, and has only been on pace for 40 once in his career. Those guys all happened to score a few goals growing up, too. Maybe their owners should trade them for Lee? My point is, 40 goals in today's NHL is a bigger deal than you allude to.

I can't predict the future but I'm pretty confident Anders Lee will not score 40 goals next year... In a perfect world, if everything goes right every game, could he score 40 goals? Sure, why not. Who am I to say no.

But will he score 40 goals next season? I don't think so, no. If you're so sure, join my league so I can trade him to you!

Banned

I'm not saying he will hit 40 next year.

I am saying that if he plays top line all season with Tavares next year and gets 18+ minutes a night he can hit 40.

If can hit 30 in his first full season of play (82 games over 2 years) averaging 14 minutes a game, playing with Nielsen and Nelson as his primary centers (he has played with both more than he has with Tavares so far) then why can't he improve on those 30 goals he already has by adding 4+ minutes a night, #1PP time and a superstar center for a full season.

Just seems silly to cap his upside at a total he has already reached with inferior linemates, limited PP opportunities and limited ice-time.