Thread: Nicklas Backstrom Value?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Nicklas Backstrom Value?

How do you value this guy in a standard multi cat? Who would you trade for him? Who wouldn't you trade for him?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Nicklas Backstrom Value?

I value him pretty high but to ask who I would trade for him and who I wouldn't is simply too vague a question in my eyes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't trade him for Sam Gagner.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    How do you value this guy in a standard multi cat? Who would you trade for him? Who wouldn't you trade for him?

This is kind of vague haha.

I value him as a top 5-7 player. Like a Kane, Seguin, Giroux type guy.

So I would trade him for any top 5 player (Crosby Malkin Ovechkin Stamkos Tavares)

And I wouldn't trade him for anyone else

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In terms of Assists and Powerplay points, he is elite. Probably a top 3 own. And I don't see that changing in the next 3 years.

But if you can sacrifice a little in those 2 categories for a player or package that gets you more goals and shots, maybe even hits. Then that would probably be the only scenario id move him.

It would have to be quite an offer thought NB has proven to be elite and consistent. Two things that are hard to acquire.

Dobber Sports Titan

I’d value him as to what his career stats are. PPG player, 42% of his points are to the powerplay (pretty on point for a top weapon), good +/- (nothing to write home about), responsible (AKA no PIMS), 1hit/game now, 0.5blk/game now, and a 700-800FW center.

He’s a very polar player when asking GMs his value. I value him in some leagues as a 13th-15th overall talent. Some don’t realize Backstrom has 74hits and 35blocks and Jamie Benn has 94hits and 41blocks. And the difference in hits between Benn and Backstrom is 1hit/week pretty much; however Benn will almost always be drafted in front of Backstrom. Albeit the LW may influence it more than I would think. Don’t count on SOG tho, he’s a below 200SOG kinda guy, Ovi takes the shots in that relationship.

Normally when players come out of the gate hot (1.5PPG) Backstrom is doing 0.8PPG and everyone is gun-ho to start the yr, so when Backstrom pumps his way up the ladder a lot of GMs have packed it in already. He’s just so consistent it’s mind blowing.

What you can get for him/what you give up is all dependant on who the GM is. If someone offered me Benn for Backstrom, I don’t think I would do it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

A very under rated player. One I am very happy to own. When I actively shopped him I found many G/M's don't value him as highly as I do. The equivalent seemed to be Kopitar. Not nearly enough IMHO. I group him into the conversation with Giroux, Tavares, Stamkos, however their G/M's don't agree.
    He is money in the bank for assists, PPP. And he won't hurt you in SOG, PIM and +/-.
    Love his consistency.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    This is kind of vague haha.

I value him as a top 5-7 player. Like a Kane, Seguin, Giroux type guy.

So I would trade him for any top 5 player (Crosby Malkin Ovechkin Stamkos Tavares)

And I wouldn't trade him for anyone else
    Actually it's easier to do then you think this is exactly what I was looking for.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    A very under rated player. One I am very happy to own. When I actively shopped him I found many G/M's don't value him as highly as I do. The equivalent seemed to be Kopitar. Not nearly enough IMHO. I group him into the conversation with Giroux, Tavares, Stamkos, however their G/M's don't agree.
    He is money in the bank for assists, PPP. And he won't hurt you in SOG, PIM and +/-.
    Love his consistency.
    This is very true everyone says they value him as elite but I think most people would put him at the Kopitor/Toews level. I don't agree with it but heavy assists guys like Thornton in his prime, and Henrick Sedin just don't fetch the same return.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Backstrom is probably the most underrated fantasy player. He slipped to the 4th round of our draft this year (1st year keeper) and I couldn't believe it.

Guy has been PPG his entire career (He had one bad year and he still had almost 70 points). He's one of the best set-up guys in the league and plays pretty much all of his time with the best shooter in the league, its a recipe for success.

I'd value him between 10th-15th overall.

Dobber Sports Sage

Perennial top 6 C in a multi-cat format. Arguably a top 10 player based on scoring system, should be drafted by early round 2 in a new league. Top of the 2nd tier of Cs below Crosby/Stamkos/Giroux. I currently have him just ahead of Malkin.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Perennial top 6 C in a multi-cat format. Arguably a top 10 player based on scoring system, should be drafted by early round 2 in a new league. Top of the 2nd tier of Cs below Crosby/Stamkos/Giroux. I currently have him just ahead of Malkin.
    Definently not ahead of Malkin in a multicat league.

He's in the 5-10 range probably floating up and down between Giroux and Kopitar.
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray