Thread: My Callahan for his E Kane

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default My Callahan for his E Kane

Trade deadline is tomorrow for my league.

I cant win, E Kane owner is 2nd and chasing the title. We also have a good trade history with each other.

Proposed trade is I get E Kane and a Round 2 pick (in my league this will be a veteran or an up and comer). He gets Callahan and a few prospects including Teurovainen (I have too many)

Are people generally happy with E Kane being more valuable than my old reliable buddy Callahan?

(My other trade options are RNH or Little - but both younger and more upside than Callahan IMO??)

Cheers

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: My Callahan for his E Kane

On the surface it makes sense for you to acquire Kane and him to acquire Callahan.

Callahan is more dependable, while Kane has a higher risk/reward factor. Kane could payoff big in Buffalo, but I don't think it'll happen right away (Reinhart and the 2015 first rounder will both be rookies). But you could argue that Kane for Callahan by itself would be an even swap, given that Kane's ceiling is higher than Callahan's.

It's kind of a crapshoot depending on what you get for your second round pick. (I'm surprised he's after prospects if he's chasing the title right now, though.) Will this second-round pick be worth the prospects you're giving up?

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd roll the dice with EKane. I just think he'll be out to prove something.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I can keep 4 prospects (defined as below 150 games and 75 for goalies)

Im fairly committed to Drouin, Klingberg, Gibson and Vaiselevsky. That leaves me with S Reinhard, Teurovainen, Hoffman and Pacquette as trade bait. Sure they geta good deal out of it, but I signed all of these guys off free agents this year. So I get a return for my vigilance.

The only change Id consider was TT coming in, although Hawks are so stacked that Im ot sure where he fits in.

Cheers for any advise - not that much NHL coverage in Australia

Dobber Sports All-Star

I believe in Kane and think that by December, you'll be glad you have him. He will be a lot more focused in Buffalo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Update. I traded Kessell and Callahan for Landeskog and Kane.
    I also threw in S Reinhart who I wasn't going to make a prospect and Brouwer.
    My team just got you get and better. My cats include hits pims and blocks so Landeskog is a stud.

The Great One

I was about to say yes to that first deal- might as well swing for the fences if youre re-building. I still like deal 2- but deal 1 was probably better. I like Landy but youre kind of selling low on Kessel here. Say what you will about his work ethic/attitude/everything else the Toronto media picks on- but hes been a consistent fantasy goldmine.

Not a bad trade- but I think deal one with Kane AND a second, w/o giving up Reinhart is the way id go. Just sayin...

Dobber Sports Star

I would've made the first deal, even if i'm not a big E.Kane fan. It was a good gamble.

I wouldn't have traded Kessel though.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by teepee1 View Post
    Update. I traded Kessell and Callahan for Landeskog and Kane.
    I also threw in S Reinhart who I wasn't going to make a prospect and Brouwer.
    My team just got you get and better. My cats include hits pims and blocks so Landeskog is a stud.
    Whaaaaaaat!?!?! Ouch. I was down with Kane for Callahan, that made sense, although I wouldn't have included Teuvo without an additional pick upgrade coming back. But essentially trading Kessel for Landeskog? That's an ugly swap. Plus you included utility man Brouwer? Man did you ever undersell on your resources here. You could have loaded up with extra picks or pick upgrades by moving those prospects you wouldn't be keeping and by moving veteran depth to contenders.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for feedback. It's done now. Kessell has been someone I've considered moving for a bit, purely because he gives nothing to blocks, hits, pims. I understand why people love him, although I hope to add goals and assists elsewhere. Thanks for help. My keepers as a FYI (you'll note I target roto players)

Player I lose due to league rules - Crosby (get a priority pick in this years draft - possibly eichel)

C: Getzlaff Backstrom RNH
    W: Pavelski Foglino Johansen Landeskog E Kane Little
    D: Letang OEL Phaneuf
    G: Halak
    Prospects: Gibson Vailesvsky Drouin Klingberg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hi Kofax. In a 8 team league Brouwer is a mid round pick. I got him about round 6 this year. I signed Reinhart as a free agent during WJC. My point is they cost me nothing and I was cutting them both at seasons end.