Thread: Which two of David Savard, Adam Larsson, Kris Russel or Jason Garrison for the rest of the season?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Which two of David Savard, Adam Larsson, Kris Russel or Jason Garrison for the rest of the season?

Also available

Braydon Coburn (is he going to get any powerplay time?)
    Meszaros
    Zidlicky,
    Lindholm
    Fowler
    Girardi
    Rielly
    Pouliot
    Gudas (injured)
    Goligoski

Goals (G) 5
    Assists (A) 3.5
    Plus/Minus (+/-) 0.5
    Penalty Minutes (PIM) 0.25
    Powerplay Points (PPP) 1
    Shorthanded Goals (SHG) 2
    Shorthanded Assists (SHA) 1
    Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.5
    Hits (HIT) 0.5
    Blocks (BLK) 0.5

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Which two of David Savard, Adam Larsson, Kris Russel or Jason Garrison for the rest of the season?

Gudas won't play this year.

I say SAVARD and Russell. SAVARD stands to benefit with wiz' departure. And Russell will likely be fit with Giordano gone for the year.

I don't like how busy the ducks blue line is right now and especially after so much change on it. I can't tell who rises to the top between Lindholm, fowler or new comers Wiz (when healthy) Despres or even more so...Holzer (lol... Ok..maybe not Holzer but yet another name.)

Larsson is more of a long term investment, still with a ton of uncertainty swirling around him.

The rest I'm not sold on other than perhaps a flier in Rielly as I think the Leafs will want to give him more opportunity to thrive during the end of this lost season as the team will soon be his. I think the points will continue, but be accepting of the potential +\- woes

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Which two of David Savard, Adam Larsson, Kris Russel or Jason Garrison for the rest of the season?

You don't think Larsson will get any powerplay time with Zidlicky out of the picture? Would that boost him in a league that counts hits and blocks too?

Any thoughts on Garrison? Seems like he's playing on PP1 but doesn't carry much peripheral stats.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I agree with your assessment on Garison but also don't feel confident that he maintains PP1 time.

Larsson... It's very possible that he may see more PP time, but I still don't believe he's ready to do Kuch with the added time. He's palying a decent physical game but still as boring as the Devils in general. Be my guest, but I'm not touching him this year if I'm looking for a boost at the position compared to some of the others you've mentioned.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd say Larsson and Savard. Both seem set for prime PP time after today's deals. Larsson is a bit of a gamble but he's played great the last 15 games or so...
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd go Savard and Larsson too for basically the same reason as pensfan. Savard, Larsson, and Russell all benefit from departures due to trades/injuries. Larsson's recent point totals are difficult to ignore.