Thread: Craig Anderson worth an add?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Craig Anderson worth an add?

Craig Anderson just hit waivers after he was activated from IR. The GM dropping him added Hammond a few days ago and I guess he didn't want to drop anyone to make room for Anderson.

Anyway, I'm currently in 1st and hoping to finish that way. I've gotten this far riding Lundqvist and Elliot, with Allen in the mix for a while, and now Talbot...But I'm wondering if I can expect these guys to carry me to the championship alone, or if Anderson is worth rostering as a 3rd goalie moving into the playoffs?

STL only plays 2 games during the 1st week of playoffs, one of which is @PIT (the other vs CBJ) so I'm not sure I can expect great numbers from Elliot that week. NYR has 4 games that week (LA, @OTT, @BOS, WAS) but not easy games by any means. I'm also a bit nervous that Lundqvist has a slow start returning from injury (as he does beginning a season) and might deliver average numbers in this crucial point of the fantasy season.

With my league scoring and roster in my signature, does anyone think it would be wise to claim Anderson off waivers as a 3rd goalie (over the likes of Allen or Talbot if I were to need them)? Or should I be more confident in rolling with just Elliot and Lundqvist, use the extra roster spot on a forward, and spot start a 3rd goalie in the playoffs if I need the help in those categories?

Ottawa's playoff schedule isn't easy either, but they do play 4 games the first week in which I'd have Elliot only playing 2 (SJ, NYR, @TOR, FLA).

My league's trade deadline is this Thursday, and I'm not sure if I should be looking to make moves involving my goalies, stick with what I got, snatch Anderson now, or wait to work the waiver wire.

Any feedback on the situation, or insight into the Sens goalie situation, is much appreciated! Thanks!
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Craig Anderson worth an add?

Summarizing for simplicity:

As a Lundqvist/Elliot owner, is Craig Anderson a better own for me than Allen or Talbot ROS?
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek