Thread: Dubnyk or Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Dubnyk or Lehtonen

In a keeper league counting W SV% GAA.
    Which would you rather for the rest of the year and for next couple?
    I think Dubby is obviously the choice for remainder of year, but what about next year? Is this for real?
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    Keep 15
    12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 6 Bench
    G A P PPP SOG PIM W SV% GAA

F: Crosby, Malkin, Wheeler, Scheifele, Couturier, Toews, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Gusev, Meier, Patrick, Lindblom, Johnsson
    D: DeAngelo, Theodore, Sergachev, Gustafsson
    G: Rask, Jones, Delia

Prospects: Kyrou, Kravstov, Hoglander, Gunler, M Bourque, Fagemo, Puistola, Mysak, Addison, Timmins, Marchenko, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Dubnyk or Lehtonen

Dubnyk clearly the rest of the year.

If Dubnyk wills Minnesota into the playoffs you figure they have to re-sign him. It's such a great fit both ways and Dubnyk won't have a ton of suitors, the only other real option for Minnesota would be Niemi in my mind, which is not a clear upgrade over Dubnyk and will likely want considerably more money then Dubnyk. I see Minnesota re-signing Dubnyk to a 2-year deal in the off-season.
    If Dubnyk re-signs with the Wild I think he's your favourite so long as he's in Minnesota and Lehtonen is in Dallas. Lehtonen is a tier-3 goalie but the Dallas D is awful and not getting any better.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Dubnyk or Lehtonen

I would prefer Dubnyk both for this year and for the next few years. If he has a decent head on his shoulder, he will re-sign with Minnesota since he is such a good fit there. Minnesota is one of the best defensive teams in the NHL over the past few years and that is likely to continue since all of their dmen will be back for next season and most of them are still young enough that they should improve next season. 4 of their top 6 dmen are under the age of 25 years 1 month of age.