Thread: Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both fail drug tests for their UFC 183 main event

Dobber Sports Star

Default Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both fail drug tests for their UFC 183 main event

Pretty ridiculous. Anderson Silva tests positive for anabolic steroids and testosterone. Nick Diaz fails for marijuana, which happens to be his 3rd fail for Mary Jane. Anderson Silva has always been openly critical of people failing steroid tests going so far as to suggest that they should be banned for life.

http://www.tsn.ca/ufc-middleweight-s...-test-1.199107

Rylant

Administrator

Default Re: Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both fail drug tests for their UFC 183 main event

I guess Silva has another reason to fall to the ground crying...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz both fail drug tests for their UFC 183 main event

I can see silva using steroids to get back in shape after that nasty break a year ago. that's still performance enhancing and he should get punished accordingly. but diaz, with marijuana? come on if anything that would negatively affect his performance. I'm sure a lot of athletes smoke pot, but I suppose if it's a banned substance in UFC then he needs to be punished as well.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I can see silva using steroids to get back in shape after that nasty break a year ago. that's still performance enhancing and he should get punished accordingly. but diaz, with marijuana? come on if anything that would negatively affect his performance. I'm sure a lot of athletes smoke pot, but I suppose if it's a banned substance in UFC then he needs to be punished as well.
    The drug policy is more for PR than anything.

Dobber Sports Titan

Interesting how an “out-of-fight” drug test will affect his suspension/fine for roids. I know it’s still an illegal substance in an out-of-fight drug test, but maybe it’s more lenient than failing one the night of.

Next on Diaz is this isn’t the first time for him I think. Everyone is on about Josh Gordon not getting the picture and how he’s thrown his life away, this guy has almost done the same. He also failed the test after the fight (or just before), so he must of smoked between his out-of-fight test and his in-fight test, which is worse in my eyes.

All dumb, should just make all illegal drugs legal for UFC, maybe I’d start watching it again if all the top fighters were actually fighting.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

I...am your father.

These test results coming in right after the headliners have their big fight...why, that's perfect timing! Thank goodness these results come in just late enough to squeeze the fight in and quickly make $300 million.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I can't believe weed is actually tested in athletes. NFL, UFC, NHL, I don't care. It's absolutely ridiculous. You can't even spin it as a PR move. Would anyone know which guys smokedd week and which guys didn't if it wasn't tested? Hell, I wouldn't be able to tell you if Joe Pavelski did or didn't. It's just absolutely ridiculous the amount of dangerous and harmful painkillers these guys are allowed to take, but the relatively healthy option comparably is a no go. Straight stupid.

Dobber Sports Titan

Because it is illegal to use, only reason. It’s easier for a league to say it’s illegal everywhere than saying it’s legal in only California if you have a card and Denver and what not. Until it is 100% legal from coast to coast, it’ll be illegal in the leagues. The one thing I don’t agree with in UFC, is that cocaine is legal when it’s an out-of-fight test, but weed is illegal in an out-of-fight test.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    These test results coming in right after the headliners have their big fight...why, that's perfect timing! Thank goodness these results come in just late enough to squeeze the fight in and quickly make $300 million.
    Yeah, test results always come out after people paid their money and attended/watched the event...

Dobber Sports Giant

so St-Pierre was right afterall....
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ninja

Diaz only failed his drug test cause of weed which is stupid, since it's not a performance enhancing drug. This has happened to him many times before... I think he just doesn't care haha.

Silva's the real culprit.

Dobber Sports Sage

I like drugs. I think drug use should be mandatory for the fighters and the spectators alike. It would improve the quality of the entertainment for everyone.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I like drugs. I think drug use should be mandatory for the fighters and the spectators alike. It would improve the quality of the entertainment for everyone.
    Might as well make everything 100% legal in UFC and say use at your own risk. Having a bunch of coked out roid heads would actually make it fun to watch for a change

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Might as well make everything 100% legal in UFC and say use at your own risk. Having a bunch of coked out roid heads would actually make it fun to watch for a change
    Of course they have to fight while under the influence. None of that cleaning up a few days before the fight to get clear-headed bullshit!