Thread: Need help for playoff run with free agent add/drops

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Need help for playoff run with free agent add/drops

New to this forum but i check here often since people have good opinions. Now I'm in second place 11-6 most likely after this week but i have made some stupid moves early in the season like drop Fllip Forsberg when i was doing real bad early in the season. I think from the players in my sig M.Koivu, Bogasian and possibly McDonagh are dropable. I just put C.Anderson on IR so I have a free roster spot to add someone tomorrow on waivers. I included the top 20 F and D available through free agency is anyone worth an add for the players i listed to probably drop?

Forwards
    T Ennis 162
    J Iginla 155
    M.Ribeiro 150.5
    J.Gaudreau 149
    S.Doan 146.5
    B.Schenn 146
    C.MacArthur 140
    B.Richards 139.5
    M.Frolik 138
    N.Kadri 138
    A.Roussel 137.5
    J.Williams 137.5
    C.Soderberg 136
    J.Jagr 135.5
    A.Tanguay 134
    A.Vermette 133.5
    J.Abdelkader 133
    S.Gagner 132.5
    V.Flippula 129.5
    F.Nielsen 129.5

Defense
    S.Vatanen 146
    A.Stralman 102
    M.Scandella 100.5
    R.Ellis 99
    D.Savard 96
    T.Hamonic 94.5
    K.Bieksa 93.5
    H.Lindholm 93
    J.Garrison 90.5
    A.Goligoski 90.5
    S.Despres 88.5
    C.Fowler 88
    J.Klingberg 87.5
    D.Dekeyser 87
    J.Braun 86.5
    J.Spurgeon 86.5
    M.Rielly 85.5
    A.Martinez 84.5
    J.Demers 84
    T.Myers 84
    Forward

12 Team Points League Weekly H2H
    Start 5 F, 3 D, 2 G,
    6 Bench, 1 IR

F Giroux,Ryan,Hossa,Vanek,M.Koivu
    D Subban,Bogasian,McDonagh
    G Varlamov,Holtby
    Bench Tyler Johnson, M.ST Louis,M.Fisher,B.Wheeler,C.Wilson, Craig Anderson

Assist 2 Points
    Goal 3 Points
    PIM .5 Point(2 PIM=1 Point)
    SOG .5 Point
    PPP 1 Point
    Goalie Assist 3 Points
    GA -1 Point
    Saves .25 Point( 4 Saves= 1 Point)
    Shutout 5 Points
    Win 5 Points

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Need help for playoff run with free agent add/drops

I just touted Tyler Ennis in another thread and will do so again in this thread. He is really the only fantasy relevant forward in Buffalo right now. I also like Gaudreau to continue enjoying a great rookie season, and would consider him too.

I would stay away from Sami Vatanen right now as his PP time has diminished, and so have his minutes in general.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

I like Iggy to be honest, but I'm not sure he unseats any of your current players... 10 points in last 14 games, averaging 3 SOG/game, 58.5% share of the Avs PP chances... I might take him over Koivu as he's struggling a bit overall (but heating up lately) and doesn't really have much SOG...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Expert

Welcome to the forums!

I like Gaudreau over Koivu. Gaudreau is being given every opportunity to succeed in Calgary and Gaudreau has delivered. His TOI and PP time has been up slightly over the last month and his quality of linemates are the best Calgary has to offer, Hudler and Monahan. Although still on PP1, Koivu has been relegated to L2 since Granlund's return and isn't getting the premium opportunity in my opinion, less sheltered minutes, etc.

I have to disagree with Bottlenecker and recommend Vatanen. I suggest swapping Vatanen and McDonough. It's true that Vatanen is seeing slightly less minutes, about 1-2 minutes less per game, his PP% is only down slightly. He's still seeing over 60% PP with 72% the last couple of games. Thanks to Dobber for putting all the numbers in one spot Vatanen Player Profile. McDonough is being used more defensively this season, giving way to Boyle getting the top PP minutes.

I would also think about swapping Stralman and Bogosian. Bogo has seen an average month, 5 pts in 11 games but he's seeing little to no PP time. Stralman's pace has been about the same as Bogosian but with almost 3 minutes of PP time. I would go with the one with more PP time, Stralman.