Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Unfair trade?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Unfair trade?

Just had an accepted trade between two other teams in the league from my sig just pop up in my email. And it's extremely fishy but since I'm in 2nd place and one of the teams is in 3rd I want to ensure its not simply a biased opinion. The 3rd place team traded Vermette, Regehr and Lethonen plus a 1st and 2nd for Jeff Carter, Shattenkirk and Bishop plus a 2nd a 10th. So they just exchanged 2nd which isn't a big move up, and a 1st (which isn't crazy valuable since it is a keep 6 league) for three significantly better players. At least that's how it looks to me.
    What do you guys think?
    12 Team Keeper League - Keep 6
    G(4), A(3), +/-, PIM(.5), Hits(.5), W(5), SHO(3)
    C: Crosby, Backstrom,
    Kopitar, Thornton
    W: Kessel, Hall
    , Tarasenko, Huberdeau, Nyquist, Hornqvist, Marchand, Perrault
    D: Carlson, Yandle
    , Vatanan, Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Demers
    G: Rinne, Nilsson
    IR:

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Unfair trade?

That's a pretty disgusting trade, but not much you can do.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think the 3rd place team just got a rather large gift:

Vermette (135 pts)/Regehr (100 pts)/Lehtonen (109 pts)

J.Carter (162.5 pts)/Shattenkirk (183.5 pts)/Bishop (128 pts)

I disagree with you that a 1st isn't worth much, on the contrary, a first in a keep 6 is more valuable than if you were in a keep 10 or 12 format. That said, out of Vermette, Regehr and Lehtonen, is he going to keep ANY of those guys? Doubtful, an outside chance of Lehtonen, but only if he's a real big Stars fan, so really he only gets a 1st. The third place team gets the #2 scoring defenseman in the league and Bishop, who may just have a great second half on that TB team. Not sure if any of those guys are keepers, but they certainly have a better chance as they are pretty damn good players.

I'd definitely be upset and want to know WHY the guy who received Vermette, Regehr, Lehtonen and the 1st made that deal. If he's playing for next year, fine, but to "give away" Bishop and Shattenkirk for a 1st smells funny to me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

What place is the other team that made the trade in?

Are they good friends?

Have they made trades before?

Do you have any proof they did something wrong?

What are the rules in your league?

Vermette is likely to be traded to a winning team so the other owner may get a better asset in the end. Lehtonen is a solid G, the definite #1 on a decent team. Regher is a throw-in definitely, but a 1st and 2nd picks are not nothing...
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Stud

that is a brutal trade no matter how you look at it. would be suspicious of it, but unless you obtain proof there's not much you can do. maybe if you could hear the rationale behind each persons trade

Dobber Sports Ace

I dunno. It's not a great deal, but it's hardly the worst I've seen.

If it's a keep six, the first-round pick has value for sure. How do your picks work? If there's full lottery, maybe that team is looking at a chance to get both McDavid and Eichel. Dunno.

And if the other team isn't keeping those three guys (Carter, Shatty, Bishop), not sure why he shouldn't move them.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So it seems it is as big of a snow job as I thought. The team getting the windfall of top 10 players (at their positions) is in third, the other team getting fleeced is in 7th so really the included seconds only means moving up 4 spots. They know each other pretty well, wouldn't say good friends, and I was never accusing them of anything, just wondering if it's as bad of a deal as I thought it was at first glance. In the league you can vote against deals, and the commissioner will investigate further if there are several GMs voting against it. As much as Vermette's situation improves I doubt, even at the high end of the possibilities, that he would even out with even just Carter
    Kopitar, Thornton
    IR:

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by O'Ciarba View Post
    So it seems it is as big of a snow job as I thought. The team getting the windfall of top 10 players (at their positions) is in third, the other team getting fleeced is in 7th so really the included seconds only means moving up 4 spots. They know each other pretty well, wouldn't say good friends, and I was never accusing them of anything, just wondering if it's as bad of a deal as I thought it was at first glance. In the league you can vote against deals, and the commissioner will investigate further if there are several GMs voting against it. As much as Vermette's situation improves I doubt, even at the high end of the possibilities, that he would even out with even just Carter
    I would leave this league.. not because of the trade that went thru but for the fact that GMs have a veto vote.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

My personal opinion is that there is an argument for all three being keepers for the team trading them. His team includes;
    Bergeron, Bjustad, Carter, Lethera
    Pacioretti, Voracek, Perry, Girgenson, Ericsson, Tanguay, Huberdeau, Steen
    Shattenkirk, OEL, Markov, McDonagh, Wideman, Mark Stuart
    Bishop, Elliott

And there is no lottery and zero chance even his own 1st is in the top 3 picks
    Kopitar, Thornton
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Who said it was a veto vote? We are given an opportunity to vote against if there were concerns and we want it to be looked at to ensure there was no wrongdoing. Also if you leave a league because of that is a bit over the top, no? You'd want trades that compromised the league overall, over the ability to voice concerns?
    Kopitar, Thornton
    IR:

Dobber Sports Stud

Who said it was a veto vote? We are given an opportunity to vote against if there were concerns and we want it to be looked at to ensure there was no wrongdoing. Also if you leave a league because of that is a bit over the top, no? You'd want trades that compromised the league overall, over the ability to voice concerns?
    The only thing that should stop a trade going thru is if it is proven collusion, thats it..... I wouldn't want another GM questioning my trade decisions.
    Id be pissed if a trade that I was a part of was overturned because a bunch of jealous GMs didn't think it was fair..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

How is it jealousy? The biggest issue I have is there is no way to frame the deal where it makes any sense for the gm. He's getting a 1st sure, but it won't be a high first, and he's trading away keepers that he won't get back with that pick because there is a slim chance of picking keepers of the same quality as Bishop and Shattenkirk. And he deserves to have his move questioned when it is bad move that makes his team worse in the short and long term.
    Kopitar, Thornton
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

And how on earth would you ever be able to prove collusion? It is something that would be next to impossible to prove
    Kopitar, Thornton
    IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

What does the guy in 7th get from this deal? A first round pick? Seems like he is in 7th place for a reason. Doesn't know fantasy hockey. He traded 3 keepers for a first round pick. Maybe he is thinking the guy in 3rd wont keep them anyway so he can redraft them next season with his acquired pick?? A dumb strategy but hey....

You wont be able to prove this is collusion even if it were. Unless he leaves the league, and by then its too late.

Dobber Sports Stud

. And he deserves to have his move questioned when it is bad move that makes his team worse in the short and long term.
    Who are you to say that its a bad move, maybe, just maybe he likes a few of the players he is trading for? Worry about your own team. much easier that way..

- - - Updated - - -

And how on earth would you ever be able to prove collusion? It is something that would be next to impossible to prove
    Exactly....