Thread: Logan Couture - Does he have the potential to be a point-per-game forward soon?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Logan Couture - Does he have the potential to be a point-per-game forward soon?

Couture review:
    49 GP / 18 Goals / 25 Assists / 43 Points / 15 PPPoints / Plus-4 / 6PIM / 154 SOG / 11.7 Sh% / 19:09 TOI
    Advanced Stats:
    Corsi-On 3.52 / Corsi Rel. 1.1 / On-Ice Sh% 8.90 / PDO 1005 / OZ Start% 53.6 - OZFinish% 49.7
    He is on pace to shatter his career high in points this season, trailing only Pavelski for the team lead, the old guard is slowly fading away. He has 14 points in his last 12 GP, five goals, and nine assists. A good indication of a forwards value is how often he shoots, and Couture has had 36 shots on net, in the last month 3.00 per game.
    Now the major draw-back of owning him is Thornton and Marleau are still on the team and stealing potential offensive 5vs5 minutes. He currently receives 3:22 PP-TOI per game which is at the elite forward level territory Giroux, Voracek, Malkin, and Jamie Benn are all in that area. He is third on San Jose behind Marleau and Brent Burns.

20.6% COUTURE,L - MARLEAU,P - NIETO,M

Will be his probable line-mates while his usual winger Wingels is injured Nieto is no slouch and he has shown better point production since the upgrade they spent 15.2 % in the recent game together. Pick up Nieto while he is still cheap; he will be great if he can stick with Couture for the remainder of the season!
    Couture is mister consistent scoring at a 0.83PntsPG% pace in the first quarter, followed it up with a 0.89PntsPG%. His current points–per-game is 1.00% which is great for owners; who are banking on a second half surge.
    Now to look at his power-play distribution and production:
    Lines: this was the only notable line for the man-advantage Couture is with tremendous skill and will continue raking up power-play points as long as he doesn’t get bumped from that line which is doutful.

78.6% COUTURE,L - MARLEAU,P - PAVELSKI,J - THORNTON,J

Power-play Points: scoring 12 with the usual suspects is no surprise, he will however start taking control of more of the points on the power-play once Thornton is shipped out; he is more than capable of stepping up and replacing his skills and offense.

12 80% COUTURE,L - MARLEAU,P - PAVELSKI,J - THORNTON,J

I am expecting him to increase his current points pace of 71 and finish somewhere near the 80’s, with nearly 40 goals. San Jose are better than they have in the first half and his On-Ice shooting percentage seems low for one on the ice with such highly skilled players, his luck has got to turn around soon.

some other thoughts around the NHL
    - The arrival of Drouin as a NHL play-maker is here, he is making Paquette look like a reasonably good NHL sniper (which he is not at this time) though I digress he did score 20 goals in the AHL. And just got a hat-trick the other night, which Drouin contributed in as well as getting a power-play assist. Drouin has five assists in his previous seven games
    - Ryan Murphy just scored his first PPG of the season; you will see a lot of those in his future as a NHL Power-Play QB.
    - Christian Folin is proving this year why he was highly sought after college free agent. Having three assists in the last eight games, along with 13 hits and 10 blocks
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

I...am your father.

Default Re: Logan Couture - Does he have the potential to be a point-per-game forward soon?

Interesting stuff. Couture certainly has the potential. It's rare to see someone take a player who is doing well, and predicting an even better finish. So kudos.

Your other thoughts at the bottom provide value too
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Logan Couture - Does he have the potential to be a point-per-game forward soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Interesting stuff. Couture certainly has the potential. It's rare to see someone take a player who is doing well, and predicting an even better finish. So kudos.

Your other thoughts at the bottom provide value too
    I thought it would make for an interesting time while researching, most of the time I am looking for a chance of regression.
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Master

I worked hard to land Couture in my keeper league, only to fall short to another GM who had a similarly young team. He is currently battling for a spot amongst the top 5 teams (in our 20 team league), while I languish near the bottom of the heap. To his credit, his young guns, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Holtby, Kucherov & JVR have had great years, but Couture will likely keep him there in the mix for the title. Couture is that good IMO.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

I will add he has 4 games this week from February 1st to 7th. against Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, and Carolina
    talk about an opportunity to put up goals
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good analysis. It's going to be interesting to see how Couture progresses when Thornton is no longer in SJ.

He also deserved an A in the offseason letter shuffling, team didn't treat him too well considering he's the future face of this club.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

thanks for all the responses/views appreciate it everyone!
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Couture, IMO, is somewhere between Toews (72pt guy) and Bergeron (62pt guy).
    I dig me some Logan Couture, but I actually think losing Thornton will HURT his value.

I see Couture's best season as in the 70s... I'll say... 76pts.
    His typical season will be 67pts in 78games.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Couture, IMO, is somewhere between Toews (72pt guy) and Bergeron (62pt guy).
    I dig me some Logan Couture, but I actually think losing Thornton will HURT his value.

I see Couture's best season as in the 70s... I'll say... 76pts.
    His typical season will be 67pts in 78games.
    I agree he wont always put up point per game but he will always be close to the mark, so you think this season will be his best? hes on pace for 71 and has been on a hot streak.
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Giant

I've been working a deal for him with nash going the other way. Looking at some throw in to get it done. I think he will be around 70 to 75 point guy regularly.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    I've been working a deal for him with nash going the other way. Looking at some throw in to get it done. I think he will be around 70 to 75 point guy regularly.
    that would be a solid deal, though i suspect you could get Couture + something for Nash sell high on his goal scoring pace
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller