Thread: F. Andersen for Crawford rest of the way?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default F. Andersen for Crawford rest of the way?

I've got the opportunity to flip either F. Andersen or Crawford for a skater upgrade in a points only limited keeper....none of the players involved are keepers and I'm currently rolling with 5 goalies and am in 1st place so I can afford to move one.

Goalie stats are W = 2 points, SO = 3 points Saves 0.1 point .....They are pretty close and both should rack up wins.....

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: F. Anderson for Crawford rest of the way?

I'd rather have Andersen. Crawford is a flake and loves getting injured every year.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Default Re: F. Andersen for Crawford rest of the way?

Thanks Gain, good point, I was thinking the same thing.

Crawford seems to miss at least month judging by the last couple of seasons. Then again, he's already been about almost a month with his 'concert' injury...so maybe hes good from here on in?

Tough call, basically comes down to who will get more wins and starts the rest of the season (which is tough to predict)

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'm going to gamble on Andersen getting more wins just from the larger amount of starts. Believe me, I have Crawford as one of my main goalies and every year he screws me over. The way I see it, Crawford should be a 40 win goalie every year, but some how he finds a way to screw it up and fall short by 10.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Titan

Crawford:
    30GS-18W-10L-2OTL-849svs-1SO = 123.9 or 4.13pts/game

Andersen:
    38GP-26W-6L-5OTL-1042svs-2SO = 162.2 or 5.4pts/game

Crawford would need to go 8-0 with 28svs/game to get up to where Andersen is now. I also think Andersen will play more games. My goalie to keep on your team is Andersen
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do that analysis, very helpful!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Crawford:
    30GS-18W-10L-2OTL-849svs-1SO = 123.9 or 4.13pts/game

Andersen:
    38GP-26W-6L-5OTL-1042svs-2SO = 162.2 or 5.4pts/game

Crawford would need to go 8-0 with 28svs/game to get up to where Andersen is now. I also think Andersen will play more games. My goalie to keep on your team is Andersen
    To be fair, points wouldn't carry over in the trade so none of this really matters. If anyone has the time, I think it might be effective to compare home and away records against how many home/away games remain for each team, and perhaps some idea of the difficulty of opposition.

I think these two goalies are super close in this points format, so I'd probably decide based solely on the remaining schedule and its difficulty.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    To be fair, points wouldn't carry over in the trade so none of this really matters. If anyone has the time, I think it might be effective to compare home and away records against how many home/away games remain for each team, and perhaps some idea of the difficulty of opposition.

I think these two goalies are super close in this points format, so I'd probably decide based solely on the remaining schedule and its difficulty.
    It was to show how each has done this yr, and how well they performed in each game, I know points don’t carry over. Most people would of seen Andersen’s 26W and said that’s the obvious winner, or said Crawford because of his injuries he’s got less wins. It was more to show how I’m thinking and how “far” ahead Andersen is in this format.

Writing out the stats helps me determine who I like better too. Without the points I wouldn’t have known Crawford would have to go 8-0 with 28saves/game where Andersen doesn’t even play a game, to have both goalies even in points.

Also just from looking into Andersen and Crawford in a trade prior, Andersen (i think) has 4 B2B's and Crawford has 5B2Bs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It was to show how each has done this yr, and how well they performed in each game, I know points don’t carry over. Most people would of seen Andersen’s 26W and said that’s the obvious winner, or said Crawford because of his injuries he’s got less wins. It was more to show how I’m thinking and how “far” ahead Andersen is in this format.

Writing out the stats helps me determine who I like better too. Without the points I wouldn’t have known Crawford would have to go 8-0 with 28saves/game where Andersen doesn’t even play a game, to have both goalies even in points.

Also just from looking into Andersen and Crawford in a trade prior, Andersen (i think) has 4 B2B's and Crawford has 5B2Bs
    Those B2B's are definitely important. My one concern with Anaheim that makes me hesitant to say Andersen is that I can't help but feel they are strongly overperforming. They are a great team, no question... But to be first in the West and only be a +15? No way they can maintain their current record. Chicago is +40 by comparison. I could just easily see the tides shift on Anaheim, as I don't see how they could continue to average 0.66 wins / game with that differential.

Tough call. Too many 1 goal wins for Anaheim to make me comfortably say Andersen.

Dobber Sports Titan

Those B2B's are definitely important. My one concern with Anaheim that makes me hesitant to say Andersen is that I can't help but feel they are strongly overperforming. They are a great team, no question... But to be first in the West and only be a +15? No way they can maintain their current record. Chicago is +40 by comparison. I could just easily see the tides shift on Anaheim, as I don't see how they could continue to average 0.66 wins / game with that differential.

Tough call. Too many 1 goal wins for Anaheim to make me comfortably say Andersen.
    Perry was out for 16 (or 14) games, which prolly have something to do with it. If he was out 14 games, it may take him a game or two to get back into the swing, and there are ~8 goals. But this is a lot of WHAT IFS situations. In 1 game he could get 3, or go on a slump in the 14 games.

Honestly sounds like you could go either way with these goalies, but I like Andersen.

Dobber Sports Rookie

just one more item of interest in the crawford sweepstakes, his two backups have better GAA and SV% than he has - I think the hawks would be a better team with Ranta / Darling and dumping the Crow

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by adefel2 View Post
    just one more item of interest in the crawford sweepstakes, his two backups have better GAA and SV% than he has - I think the hawks would be a better team with Ranta / Darling and dumping the Crow
    After the playoffs. Crawford was one reason why they last won the Cup.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by adefel2 View Post
    You can't use that logic at all. You'd find a lot of backups have better stats than the starters. After all, they are better rested, get the easier matchups, and the team in front of them generally tries to be a bit more responsible defensively if their star goalie isn't in net.

Your logic would imply that Chad Johnson was also a superior goalie to Rask.

Dobber Sports Titan

You can't use that logic at all. You'd find a lot of backups have better stats than the starters. After all, they are better rested, get the easier matchups, and the team in front of them generally tries to be a bit more responsible defensively if their star goalie isn't in net.

Your logic would imply that Chad Johnson was also a superior goalie to Rask.
    Maybe he meant it was more of a reason to dump (trade) Crawford because he’s a product of a system, because if someone major goes down it’ll hurt Crawfords numbers more than if an Anaheim player went down. IE – Rask in Boston.

Thinking about this, would looking at a backup vs starters number be a good way to see a “product of a system” goalie? Rask is very talented, but if he was on another team would he still be a 2Gaa 0.930s%?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Possibly, but Crawford and Niemi are two average goalies that wound up being Cup winners by riding the wave of an excellent Hawk team. Crawford 'the flopper' choked last year in the Western Conf Finals vs LA - I dont think the Hawks can win another Cup with the flopper. The LA fans love to taunt Crow - as was the case last night. Anderson would be my answer to TopShelfs question.