Thread: Jakob Silfverberg - he will rebound for 40 Points

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Jakob Silfverberg - he will rebound for 40 Points

Jakub Silfverberg
    Advanced Stats – 6.21 Corsi On / 5.00 Corsi Rel. / 7.07 On-Ice Sh% / 993 PDO / 12:75 TOI / 52.6 OZS% – 50.8 OZF% /
    Stats: 6 Goals / 12 Assists / 18 Points / 0.38 PntPG / 18 PIM / 23 Hits / 119 Shots / 3 Power-play Points / 19 Blocks / 13.4 Power-play time Percentage /
    Even Strength Line Combinations
    31.2% COGLIANO,A - SILFVERBERG,J - THOMPSON,N
    29.2% COGLIANO,A - RAKELL,R - SILFVERBERG,J

You wonder why the once highly touted offensive prospect is struggling to score at the pro level, look who he is spending the most of his time with; 3rd liners at best. His skills are best suited for a top six role and tons of power-play time.
    His line production is evenly spread out amongst the different lines he was on.

ES Points
    3 27.3% COGLIANO,A - SILFVERBERG,J - THOMPSON,N
    3 27.3% BELESKEY,M - KESLER,R - SILFVERBERG,J
    2 18.2% COGLIANO,A - SILFVERBERG,J - SMITH-PELLY,D
    2 18.2% COGLIANO,A - KARLSSON,W - SILFVERBERG,J
    1 9.1% COGLIANO,A - RAKELL,R - SILFVERBERG,J

Jakub getting three points whilst on Kesler’s line is very good; he produced points when put with dynamic forwards. Otherwise it has just been the odd AHL call up he connects with or a veteran like Cogliano.
    Silfverberg and Rakell have formed an okay performing line as well, with Rakell being a young player who could add a good mix of skill and two way play.

“Rakell is a solid, two-way center with the shot and stickhandling prowess to be a productive offensive player. He has
    averaged right around a point per game at every level he’s played at, including the World Juniors. Rakell had 44 points in
    40 games for Plymouth on the OHL and also saw action in his first four NHL contests with the Ducks. Although he was
    pointless in those games, he showed Anaheim management, coaches and fans some reason for excitement in his future.
    Rakell will likely spend a season in the AHL working on his offensive game, as he is currently NHL-ready in his own end.
    Upside - David Krejci (25-45-70+, 20 PIM)
    3YP – (10-25-35, 20 PIM)
    Certainty (NHLer; Upside) - 85%; 40%
    Expected arrival – Probably 2014-15
    DobberHockey Draft Advice - Too soon at this point, wait until next year to draft.”

Fantasy Take:
    Silfverberg On-Ice Sh% sits just below average at 7.07 and is a good indicator of a second round rebound, he could be in for a big spike in value over the next two years in a keeper league.
    He is also on pace for a career high in shots on net, which in today’s NHL tends to lead to points being scored.
    Currently on pace for 31 Points 10 Goals
    Predicted outcome 40 Points 15 Goals
    Increase in assists from his high volume of shots; rebounds, tip-ins, second chance opportunities.
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Jakob Silfverberg - he will rebound for 40 Points

Read somewhere (can't recall where) that Silfverberg also sees some of the toughest competition ... Boudreau trusts him. Hurts his offensive production somewhat for the time being.
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Silfverberg is hurt by his quality two-way play. He does see many of the toughest minutes for the Ducks playing alongside Cogliano. I wouldn't expect much in the way of increased production from Silfverberg this year largely because of that factor. Also consider that the Ducks are loaded with young offensive talents many of whom can't or aren't trusted to play tough minutes. Furthermore, Smith-Pelly, Etem, Palmieri, Beleskey and Maroon have all consistently been given the chance to play in the top 6 before Silfverberg this season. It's one of the drawbacks of being on a team as deep as the Ducks.

Dobber Sports Master

I kind of see Silfverberg as being the Ducks version of Sean Couturier. I guy who can put the points up on the board, but is stuck playing against the other team's best players, and being relied on to prevent goals rather than score them. It hurts both of their production. Lucky me, I got them both on my roster, and nobody will touch them with a ten foot pole. At this point, I am hoping for the rebound the OP mentioned for both Silf and Couts.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think if you're waiting for him (and for Couturier) to be difference makers on your fantasy team you're headed for disappointment. Just don't see either of them putting up fantasy worthy numbers anytime soon.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoetree View Post
    Read somewhere (can't recall where) that Silfverberg also sees some of the toughest competition ... Boudreau trusts him. Hurts his offensive production somewhat for the time being.
    My midseason guide is where you saw it

If he keeps getting put in a shutdown role, we'll never see what he can do. But he can definitely do so much more
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

his shot is very good but he isn't a good skater and won't be more than a tweener type of player. i don't see him being more than a 3rd liner

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    My midseason guide is where you saw it

If he keeps getting put in a shutdown role, we'll never see what he can do. But he can definitely do so much more
    haha yes you're right it was
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Stud

I think if he and Rakell can stay together it will allow Anaheim to have a 3 line attack and maybe increase their team goal differential, it depends if Silfverberg is skilled enough to create offensive chances from defensive zone starts.
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Padawan

The issue is not Silfverberg, he generates almost 2 scoring chances per game at even strength, whereas Cogliano is closer to 1.5 and Rakell barely generates a scoring chance per game. He also leads the Ducks in shots at even strength. The issue for Silfverberg is usage. He gets less than a minute per game of power play time and plays a shut down role, it will be tough for him to produce much in the way of points as long as that is the case. Even in that role he drives possession and has a positive shot and goal differentials so there is hope as his lack of speed doesn't seem to impede his ability to generate scoring chances/shots.

Silfverberg's opportunity to land a better spot will come from a couple possible developments. First, if Beleskey comes close to 30 goals this year someone will pay him more than he's worth. If the Ducks are smart they let him walk. That's Silfverberg's best chance to land a spot on a scoring line. The next best chance for Silfverberg is Kesler's contract expires after next year and the way Silfverberg is playing the Ducks don't necessarily need Kesler. In all if you can afford Silfverberg as a depth player and wait a couple years for the production to match the talent he's a decent gamble but for the immediate future he's a third liner who doesn't add an periphery stats.