Thread: Mike Richards FA comparables

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Mike Richards FA comparables

Filppula at $5.0M until 2018
    Grabovski at $5.0M until 2018
    Bolland at $5.5M until 2019
    Dubinsky at $5.8M until 2021
    Richards at $5.75M until 2020

If Richards was a UFA this summer would be inline for about a 5 year deal worth $5M+ per season, no? That seems to be about the going rate for a late 20's 2/3 line centre.

Richards is just sitting there on waivers for the taking.

What teams are (or have been) on the market for a 2/3 line centre in free agency for for the last few summers?

I just can't see anyway that the Oilers pass on Richards.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Mike Richards FA comparables

Damn, I'd take Filppula and Dubinsky for $$ and term, but the others are bad to brutal.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Damn, I'd take Filppula and Dubinsky for $$ and term, but the others are bad to brutal.
    Teams still sign them.

I thought of another one. Not quite the same but...

Vincent Lecavalier's Statue ($4.5M until 2018)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think you might be giving Richards to much credit. He is playing only 13:40 a night. His PKTOI is below a minute and his PPTOi is 1:23. Winning only 48% of draws.

That being said he would still get overpaid but I think better comparables might be:

Horcoff/Bolland - 5.5
    Weiss - 4.9
    Lecavalier/Laich - 4.5
    Cullen - 3.5
    Stoll - 3.25
    Stajan - 3.125
    Legwand - 3

Richards is past his prime. This is his second season of being pretty bad. Where ever he goes it will be just another Weiss or Lecavalier story. I am hoping I am wrong but I doubt he will ever break 55pts or have the upside to do so like Dubinsky or Filpula

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Filppula at $5.0M until 2018
    Grabovski at $5.0M until 2018
    Bolland at $5.5M until 2019
    Dubinsky at $5.8M until 2021
    Richards at $5.75M until 2020

If Richards was a UFA this summer would be inline for about a 5 year deal worth $5M+ per season, no? That seems to be about the going rate for a late 20's 2/3 line centre.

Richards is just sitting there on waivers for the taking.

What teams are (or have been) on the market for a 2/3 line centre in free agency for for the last few summers?

I just can't see anyway that the Oilers pass on Richards.
    No, Richards has been in decline for awhile. What he will get this summer is not that far off of what Derek Roy got. There's your comparable.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by red36 View Post
    I think you might be giving Richards to much credit. He is playing only 13:40 a night. His PKTOI is below a minute and his PPTOi is 1:23. Winning only 48% of draws.

That being said he would still get overpaid but I think better comparables might be:

Horcoff/Bolland - 5.5
    Weiss - 4.9
    Lecavalier/Laich - 4.5
    Cullen - 3.5
    Stoll - 3.25
    Stajan - 3.125
    Legwand - 3

Richards is past his prime. This is his second season of being pretty bad. Where ever he goes it will be just another Weiss or Lecavalier story. I am hoping I am wrong but I doubt he will ever break 55pts or have the upside to do so like Dubinsky or Filpula

Weiss. That is another good comparable. Signed last year for $4.9M until 2018

Dobber Sports Ninja

Interesting comparables and perspective. The one thing I have to say though is I wouldn't name Mike Richards in the same breath as Dubinsky. Not by a long shot. That guy is worth every cent.