Thread: Brian Elliottīs future

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Brian Elliottīs future

Brian Elliott is having a great year until now, and he has been posting elite numbers in Save % and GAA. But with Jake Allen in the Fold, how do you see the situation unfolding? Can Elliott be a Starter elsewhere? Will he be Allenīs Backup next season? Will there be a timeshare for the next couple of years?

Administrator

Default Re: Brian Elliottīs future

I don't see an imminent departure from St. Louis. Nothing wrong with keeping two strong goalies.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

I think St Louis signed him to use him as their 1A for a few years. I honestly don't see him going anywhere anytime soon and I don't expect Allen to overtake him as the full time starter anytime soon either. I think St Louis is happy with the way things are right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Elliot has a very good cap hit coupled with Allens too. So even in 2016-17 season (Elliots last yr on this one) if Allen takes over, they’d still be spending less on their goalies combined than some teams starter. So even if Elliot becomes a backup, I highly doubt he’d be shipped out. On Elliots current contract, I’d say the worse amount of starts he’d get would be 40%.

Elliot was signed being told he will be the starter this yr, and going forward will be a at worse a 1a/1b situation (can’t find the tweets/articles, but I drafted him as a goalie this yr based on that information). But every GM knows that the goalie situations on teams change drastically. Anaheim was going for a 1a/1b, then they got hit with an injury and their golden boy is in the minors now. Colorado was set with a possible vezina goalie, now look. Florida was expecting a decent goalie, and look at Loungo this yr, same stats as Price. Rask was set for a Vezina repeat, Miller was the missing piece for St. Louis, and 2 yrs ago Reimer was in the playoffs as a starter. The Blues will not trade Elliot this yr at least; they were bit in the butt hard last yr with that trade.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    Brian Elliott is having a great year until now, and he has been posting elite numbers in Save % and GAA. But with Jake Allen in the Fold, how do you see the situation unfolding? Can Elliott be a Starter elsewhere? Will he be Allenīs Backup next season? Will there be a timeshare for the next couple of years?
    Until now?
    Elliott is 12-3-1 with a 1.89 goals-against average in his last 18 starts.
    Only 29 years old and has been one of the best fantasy goalies to have over the last few years.
    They will being Allen along slowly, just like the rest of their prospects.
    Over the next few years who knows what could happen but I highly doubt an Elliott trade.
    The team is built to win now and Elliott gives them the best chance to be a contender.

http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

If they trade Elliott I doubt they get enough in return to actually improve their roster more than if he is there in their crease. And if they move him they have to replace him. I just don't see how it makes sense.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

His situation reminds me somewhat of Ron Tugnuttt or Damian Rhodes back with Ottawa in the late 90s. Both did great, thanks in no small part to the team around them and the fact that neither had to play more than 40 or so games.

And while they occurred several years ago at this point, I find it telling that Elliott's only seasons where he played in more than 38 games were statistically his worst.

I tell poolies who own Elliott and hope he becomes a true full time guy that maybe they should be careful what they wish for - just ask Tugnutt or Rhodes.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Elliott is a nice fit for STL. Starter for next couple years
    Allen will have to accept a RFA contract in the $1m-$2m range... and he should...
    And this will work out just fine for STL, I think.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I frankly don't think that St. Louis is running out and signing Brodeur the minute Elliot gets injured because they think that Allen's going to be taking over the crease full-time anytime soon.

RETIRED