Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Giordano karlsson trade

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Giordano karlsson trade

Hey guys,

Due to contracts I can NOT keep Karlsson at end of year as he is a contract 3 which means you can only keep 4 of them. Giordano has a zero contract so I could keep him 3 years going forward.

THis owner has already rejected my KUnitz yr 2 of contract for his D. sedin expired contract....

I've offered Karlsson and kunitz for Giordano and D. Sedin

(note I have put on the blocks up for karlsson and kunitz and am not getting much offered back)

Its an ok trade for me no? I'd be dropping both guys at years end likely anyway and I may keep Giordano (kinda would have to no?)

thanks for your input.

My final 4 keepers coming into year were Yandle yr 2 ,Karlsson yr 3 ,BIshop yr 1 and Kunitz yr 2.
    As of right now I'd replace those guys with Bishop, kucherov yr 0, Byfuglien yr 0 and............whoever I trade some of my good ones for. Giordano maybe?
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Giordano karlsson trade

Looks good to me, but I didn't really look into the fine details of the complications...

Could you make a play for Carlsson? He might be better long-term option with Green headed to UFA and could possibly be leaving.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaasquito View Post
    Looks good to me, but I didn't really look into the fine details of the complications...

Could you make a play for Carlsson? He might be better long-term option with Green headed to UFA and could possibly be leaving.
    Giordano is a better option for now....carlsson I don't even think is on the #1 PP.

5 months ago people probably would have said I was crazy to consider this trade...but Karlsson has been driving me nuts and seems to only be losing more value with each game that passes.
    He was the crosby of Dmen not long ago....not sure what happened but he soon won't be my problem.
    I may end up just riding him out for the year cause I can't get a good deal together but we'll see what this giordano owner thinks...possible sell high!

Dobber Sports Expert

I dunno that's the issue with D men, they're so dependent on who's in front of them in order to produce big scores... Same thing could be said of Green in Washington. He was fantasy gold for a couple of years, now he's back in the fold with the rest of the pack, which makes D so volatile to own in keeper leagues... With them losing Spezza, and Alfy essentially gone for nothing... the offense hasn't really been there... two point-per-game guys gone for a bunch of 40-50 pointers. It'll be tough for Karlsson to get back into the point-per-game heydays...

Banned

I don't know why you keep asking this. If you think you can win this year, don't do the trade. If you don't care about this year then do the trade for sure. Giordano has slowed down lately and Karlsson has been heating up. I don't know why you say his value is going down as each game passes. Maybe your league is just dumb, dunno.

Banned

I dunno that's the issue with D men, they're so dependent on who's in front of them in order to produce big scores... Same thing could be said of Green in Washington. He was fantasy gold for a couple of years, now he's back in the fold with the rest of the pack, which makes D so volatile to own in keeper leagues... With them losing Spezza, and Alfy essentially gone for nothing... the offense hasn't really been there... two point-per-game guys gone for a bunch of 40-50 pointers. It'll be tough for Karlsson to get back into the point-per-game heydays...
    alfredsson was not close to being a point per game guy when Karlsson was on the team and neither was spezza last year. Just saying.

He's had 46 games without both of those players. It's funny how opions change over half a season. Stay the course with Karlsson is the advice that everyone should be giving. Except in is situation where you can't keep the guy

Dobber Sports Expert

You are right from a seasonal perspective, but they still had plenty of offensive value...

2011-12 season, Alfy recorded 59 in 75... but if you take away the "slow start" that season, he actually finished with 48 in 55 before they packed it in in April, so that's really "close enough" to point-per-game. Now you can argue that i'm cherry picking my stats... Now I can't argue lockout season... everything was mucked up in that season...

Last season, Spezza 32 in last 36... so yes he wasn't operating at a point-per-game seasonal pace, but there were certainly times where he was generating plenty of offense.

My argument is that defensive production is usually tied with how much offense is produced in front of them... there aren't a lot of defenders who can just go out and control and win a game... What I'm arguing is that he posted near point-per-game seasons because he had plenty of help in front of him. The Sens essentially lost a lot of offense and replaced them with guys like MacArthur, Chiasson and Ryan, which is a big drop off in terms of scoring talent...

Now don't get me wrong, he'll be just fine, 19 in 20 in home games this season, and a very favourable home heavy sched in the 2nd half, so his number should improve, but I think gone are the days of 78, point-per-game numbers from Karlsson without the help upfront...

Dobber Sports Titan

Karlsson is ranked 16th over the last 30 days btw. He’s played very well, and vs Toronto he was on another level. Also Big Ev may be the best person for input on Karlsson, but since the coach change, Karlsson has done very very well. I’d keep Karlsson for the ride this yr, and look to trade Karlsson in the offseason.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

You are right from a seasonal perspective, but they still had plenty of offensive value...

2011-12 season, Alfy recorded 59 in 75... but if you take away the "slow start" that season, he actually finished with 48 in 55 before they packed it in in April, so that's really "close enough" to point-per-game. Now you can argue that i'm cherry picking my stats... Now I can't argue lockout season... everything was mucked up in that season...

Last season, Spezza 32 in last 36... so yes he wasn't operating at a point-per-game seasonal pace, but there were certainly times where he was generating plenty of offense.

My argument is that defensive production is usually tied with how much offense is produced in front of them... there aren't a lot of defenders who can just go out and control and win a game... What I'm arguing is that he posted near point-per-game seasons because he had plenty of help in front of him. The Sens essentially lost a lot of offense and replaced them with guys like MacArthur, Chiasson and Ryan, which is a big drop off in terms of scoring talent...

Now don't get me wrong, he'll be just fine, 19 in 20 in home games this season, and a very favourable home heavy sched in the 2nd half, so his number should improve, but I think gone are the days of 78, point-per-game numbers from Karlsson without the help upfront...
    you are definitely cheery picking stats. Doesn't work like that. Also replacing Alfredsson with MacArthur and Ryan is actually a big improvement in that regard. They didn't replace Spezza nor did they need to, but as we've seen lately, when Karlsson is playing at his best he doesn't need anybody around him to inflate his stats.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't know why you keep asking this. If you think you can win this year, don't do the trade. If you don't care about this year then do the trade for sure. Giordano has slowed down lately and Karlsson has been heating up. I don't know why you say his value is going down as each game passes. Maybe your league is just dumb, dunno.
    I keep asking for different trades for karlsson....as I receive them or think of them. I won't rush it and I'll likely be stuck wtih him til seasons end...OH NO! hopefully he won't be a minus machine and can put up solid pts to lead me to the finals. Our league isn't dumb...its not great but seems to be ok but its just difficult to trade now with contracts in play.

Dobber Sports Genius

I hate Erik Karlsson.
    That is all.

Banned

2 empty net goals against. Hate the game. Plus minus is dumb.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ever since Perron was traded to the Pens, I'm cursed! SOmeone on here said I shouldn't worry about having 4 awesome pens....but when they keep getting shutout and killed! it hurst REAL bad!

I'm cursed. If I move karlsson, you will be happy Big Ev cause I'm sure he will return to being a very good offensive dman.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    Ever since Perron was traded to the Pens, I'm cursed! SOmeone on here said I shouldn't worry about having 4 awesome pens....but when they keep getting shutout and killed! it hurst REAL bad!

I'm cursed. If I move karlsson, you will be happy Big Ev cause I'm sure he will return to being a very good offensive dman.
    Yeah but that's the boom/bust with having multiple players from the same team... When they score 5 you're laughing, when they get shut out you're toast...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post

What does that even mean "return"? He is on pace for 60 points and should even flirt with 65-70. Only one dman has more goals than him, OEL.