Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye mister_mcgoo

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Goodbye mister_mcgoo

Sad to see a great contributor go. I do agree, however, that enough is enough. He helped me out on more than one occasion and I thank him for that.
    To thrive in life, you need three bones.

A wishbone.
    A backbone.
    And a funny bone.

-Reba McEntire

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have mixed feelings about Mcgoo's ban, but ultimately I think it was the right decision and it had to happen.

I tend not to take things said around here too seriously (this is the internet after all) so personally, I kind of enjoyed having him around because I found him entertaining. And say what you will about the man, but he knew his hockey. Having said that, I generally wasn't the victim of his bullying so I certainly empathize with some of the sentiments expressed above.

There is a very (very) small group of individuals who primarily use this forum as an outlet to troll others. Maybe they're just jerks, or maybe they're nice guys in real life who need an outlet, but in any case it doesn't excuse their behaviour. People on the internet are still real human beings who have emotions and deserve to be treated with respect.

It's unfortunate that it had to come to this and an example had to be made, but hopefully the other bad apples will take notice and adjust their behaviour appropriately for the good of the community.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You guys are like a bunch of old women in a sewing circle. I thought that was nicer than saying youz were like children.

He was abrasive, big whoop. Inflammatory and insulting, at times, ok. If you didn't like what he had to say, don't stoke the fire by responding.

As someone who has been reading the forums and gleaning what I may from the wisdom of its users for quite some time, I appreciated at times the banter and then sometimes the "jeebus, i can't read anymore, this is getting out of hand" I agree with the above stating those who haven't been here for long (who indeed may have been but under another handle) shouldn't complain so loudly.

With all due respect, mods banning him for life is like the PC world we are enveloped in. I understand I am in the minority, but if people didn't give a damn as much...it would be a better place..

but it is not my place. I am not a mod and they have a notoriously difficult job to do pleasing the client and keeping the flow while also making sure the bossman stays happy. I am simply speaking in general terms, and what do I know? Nothing. And who cares. Nobody

Bummer. I enjoyed how incensed he made some other posters, and otherwise for his take on things.
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthewall19 View Post
    With all due respect, mods banning him for life...
    For the record, mods do not issue bans. We are unable to even if we so desired.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

AH! Thank you for that. I rescind my sentence. The fact remains, you all are good people. We ALL are, somehow, sometime, some......thing. On the wing.

some.....THING
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Ninja

He helped me out on fantasy hockey and that's why I come here. He was a big personality that crossed lines at times, but there's a number of folks who do that same thing in different ways around these forums. I guess this is a sign that this place has become 'big', and this is the consequence of it. Maybe there is more that I don't know to the story, but this looks extremely poor overall, but it isn't surprising given the odd decision making that has happened around these parts lately.

That being said, a ban only means the McGoo account is gone, as let's be honest, it's stupid easy to create a new account (and even get around specific IP bans if required), so I have no doubt that he'll be back (if he's not already reading this post...haha).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: R.I.P. mister_mcgoo

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Good riddance. Once a jerk always a jerk.
    But we let this guy stay? Okay then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    But we let this guy stay? Okay then.
    I don't insult and degrade other people. McGoo's personality would have been fine if he didn't resort to name calling and trolling when somebody didn't agree with him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't insult and degrade other people. McGoo's personality would have been fine if he didn't resort to name calling and trolling when somebody didn't agree with him.
    Your post did EXACTLY that. Insulted someone. How can you possibly just type those words and not experience headaches from the cognitive dissonance?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Your post did EXACTLY that. Insulted someone. How can you possibly just type those words and not experience headaches from the cognitive dissonance?
    it's insulting to call somebody a jerk who is a jerk? C'mon. That's not an insult, that's a fact. An insult would be "you're a ****ing moron, bub"

Maybe BTW19 is right. The world is soft.

Dobber Sports Ninja

it's insulting to call somebody a jerk who is a jerk? C'mon. That's not an insult, that's a fact. An insult would be "you're a ****ing moron, bub"

Maybe BTW19 is right. The world is soft.
    Fair enough. I've been told by two different mods that your post is acceptable here. That's enough for me.

Dobber Sports Superstar

First off, if a mod could change the title to indicate he's banned and not dead that would be great. Never like thinking anyone has passed away.

Tough to hear about how a great hockey contributor is gone but understandable given the constant trolling shows he put on.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Good riddance. Once a jerk always a jerk.
    +1. Will not be missed by me.

Dobber Sports Star

It's too bad that it had to come to this. No doubt, he was a polarizing figure. I do think that this type of thing speaks volumes about this site. On the one hand, Dobber encourages people to speak their mind as long as they are respectful to others. On the other hand, if it does go too far, Dobber will eventually put his foot down saying "enough is enough". I think that this is a very "correct" way to run things in this type of site. I don't envy Dobber and his staff when they find themselves in these types of situations; I am sure that it wasn't an easy decision for them.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

I am not sure what the criteria for a ban is but I hope it was approached the same way this forum looks at vetos. (Unless there is colusion...etc)

I do not like that he was banned and i will miss him as a contributor on these forums. I like strong opinions and i like when people take a stand, whether or not others agree. We definitely had our share of debates over the years and I personally do not recall anything that stayed with me as THAT offensive.

Thank you Shoeless for the post, it is important to realize that we are not all who we seem/appear to be. And we are surely not limited to our identity on a hockey site.

All the best Mcgoo, I am hoping for a Pardon as I do not think "collusion" was an issue.