Thread: Royal Rumble predictions

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Royal Rumble predictions

This is my favourite wrestling event of all-time. I love the Rumbles.

Any predictions?

My guess is the New Day wins the six-man tag team elimination match. The Usos retain the tag titles. The Bellas win the women's tag match. The Ascension wins their tag matches. Brock Lesnar keeps the title.

As for the Rumble, it's harder to call this year. My best guess would be the Undertaker makes a surprise return, wins the Rumble, and challenges Lesnar to a Wrestlemania rematch.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

I...am your father.

Default Re: Royal Rumble predictions

Can you list the match-ups? I've been out of the loop
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Can you list the match-ups? I've been out of the loop
    Championship match: Lesnar vs Cena vs Rollins

Tag Title match: Usos vs Miz and Mizdow

Bella Twins vs Natalya and Paige

The New Day vs Tyson Kidd, Cesaro and Adam Rose (elimination match)

The Ascension vs New Age Outlaws

Rumble match: Ziggler, Ryback, Reigns, Bryan, Rusev, Barrett, Wyatt, Ambrose, Goldust, Stardust, Big Show, Kane, Miz, Mizdow, R-Truth, Fernando, Diego, Fandango, Harper and Justin Gabriel.

That's just 20 confirmed wrestlers for the Rumble, so there's a good chance of a few nice surprise entrants. Right now, the frontrunners to win the Rumble are Ziggler, Reigns, Bryan, Wyatt and Ambrose.

And if you notice, Kingston isn't in the Rumble. He'll be there. He's the guy who does stuff like this every year (ignore #1 in this video):

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Pro

I'll go with what my cousin who still watches wrestling has told me. I have not cared to watch Wrestling for a while
    Championship match: Lesnar vs Cena vs Rollins - Cena wins then Rollins cashes something in to win

Tag Title match: Usos vs Miz and Mizdow - Miz and Mizdow because Miz's wife is a smokeshow (this is my pick haha)

Bella Twins vs Natalya and Paige - I do not think people pay attention to these matches

The New Day vs Tyson Kidd, Cesaro and Adam Rose (elimination match) - New Day? I am out of the loop haha, no idea who they are

The Ascension vs New Age Outlaws - Aren't the NAO like 50? I'll go with the other team

Rumble match: Reigns - They are apparently pushing him like crazy even though he has minimal talent and ring skills. More of just the big guy winning I think
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Administrator

Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Not sure if anyone saw the Rumble, but what a disappointment. It started early, with Wyatt eliminating everyone, and then we sat through four straight jobbers come out. Slowed down the match a lot.

Bryan getting eliminated early was bad. Reigns winning was bad (was never a big fan of his). The Rock's appearance was just wasted.

If they had a final four of Ziggler, Reigns, Bryan and Ambrose, it would have been different. It could have been an exciting finish, even if Reigns won.

But the whole Rumble match was bad.

I...am your father.

I didn't see it. I hadnt' heard of half the wrestlers you mentioned in the card, so I lost interest. I guess UFC has taken my full-fledged fight interest...

I did enjoy Sting's return a couple months ago. So the Rock made an appearance? That would have been fun.

Looks like Rodgort called Reigns, and you mentioned him as a favorite too
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The title match was very entertaining and the Philly crowd were entertaining throughout the night. I haven't watched WWE in years but I disliked Reigns shortly after seeing him/hearing him during the event and enjoyed the crowd booing the hell out of him, them going so far as to cheer for the Russian heel to beat him at the end. They're going to have to change up the Lesnar/Reigns match at WrestleMania as a result of the reaction, or so one would hope.