Thread: Dobber Pools

rwthompson

Default Dobber Pools

Running 3 leagues (A, B, & C), maybe you should work on some sort of online hosting operated by none other than the fantasy hockey God, Dobber.
    I\'m sure people would much rather pay for a site operated by you for keeper leagues than use CBS, or Yahoo.

Especially since CBS/ESPN aren\'t particullarly great for hockey (and cost a lot if I remember correctly) and Yahoo isn\'t great for keeper leagues (commisioner has to manually enter in everyone\'s roster)...also, those leagues don\'t include prospects for the most part, and they have to be kept track of seperately...you could easily source your top 200 (as I\'m sure there are only very rare exceptions when players outside of that are owned).

I understand this would require boatloads of programming, and I have absolutely no idea what would be involved...
    Don\'t know how much it would cost in programming and how much people would be willing to pay to have their leagues hosted...But a site dedicated to fantasy hockey keeper leagues and run by someone who understands how they work would be quite valuable.

Just a thought.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Dobber Pools

I for one would happily pay a modest fee for this service, especially if it is customizable enough so it would work with our weekly matchup head-to-head league.

Dobber Sports Expert

the commissioner doesn\'t have to manually enter everyone\'s roster in a yahoo keeper league. All you have to do is at the draft, have the first few rounds go to teams picking their keeper guys instead of new players. Once everyone has their keeper guys on their rosters, then the \"real\" draft begins. You end up with exactly the same number of players, and it\'s fast and easy.

I...am your father.

rwthompson82 wrote:
    Running 3 leagues (A, B, & C), maybe you should work on some sort of online hosting operated by none other than the fantasy hockey God, Dobber.
    I\'m sure people would much rather pay for a site operated by you for keeper leagues than use CBS, or Yahoo.

Especially since CBS/ESPN aren\'t particullarly great for hockey (and cost a lot if I remember correctly) and Yahoo isn\'t great for keeper leagues (commisioner has to manually enter in everyone\'s roster)...also, those leagues don\'t include prospects for the most part, and they have to be kept track of seperately...you could easily source your top 200 (as I\'m sure there are only very rare exceptions when players outside of that are owned).

I understand this would require boatloads of programming, and I have absolutely no idea what would be involved...
    Don\'t know how much it would cost in programming and how much people would be willing to pay to have their leagues hosted...But a site dedicated to fantasy hockey keeper leagues and run by someone who understands how they work would be quite valuable.

Just a thought.
    Tried to get something like this going, but it seems to be dead for this year....
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

braffy wrote:
    I for one would happily pay a modest fee for this service, especially if it is customizable enough so it would work with our weekly matchup head-to-head league.

This is problem number one - getting everything perfect for each of the 100 different types of pools out there...

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

repenttokyo wrote:
    the commissioner doesn\'t have to manually enter everyone\'s roster in a yahoo keeper league. All you have to do is at the draft, have the first few rounds go to teams picking their keeper guys instead of new players. Once everyone has their keeper guys on their rosters, then the \"real\" draft begins. You end up with exactly the same number of players, and it\'s fast and easy.
    The number of keepers each team in my pool owns is different. One guy may have 18, another may have 20. Also, draft picks are traded so the order would be messed up in Yahoo!

Just another perspective....