Thread: Duncan Keith Droppable? Josi Available.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Duncan Keith Droppable? Josi Available.

Talent aside, he has done nothing for me offensively this season. The talent is there (and my homerism towards him) but the production is not- particularly in fantasy.

Any attractive names that you'd replace them with?

Season Stats:

Keith- averaging 2.3 fantasy ppg. He ranks 75th at his position. (For Comparison, Weber ranks 6th at 4.1 ppg.)
    Keith's last nine games- 2.5, 1.5., 2.5, 0, 0, 0, 0.5, 3, 2.5

Notable Free Agents: Josi, Carlson, Markov

Josi- averaging 3.1 fantasy ppg. He ranks 36th.
    Josh's last ten games- 7.7, 2, 4, 7.5, 2.5, 1.5, 3, 1.5, 2, 2.5

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Duncan Keith Droppable? Josi Available.

Don't drop Duncan Keith, if you're going to move him, trade him. Carlson is the one you should target on the FA market.

Dobber Sports Stud

Trading isn't an option, even in a league full of Hawks fans. No one, much to my shagrin, gives two shits about trading. It's pathetic.

Carlson was just dropped the other day and is very intriguing. Particularly if Green is on his way out.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

8 team 1 year league - go for it.

Dobber Sports Expert

Keith: 18 + 28 + 3.6 + 25 + 0 + 2 + 5 = 81.6 points so far this season
    Josi: 12 + 32 + 2.4 + 50 + 0 + 4 + 4 = 104.4
    Carlson: 12 + 46 + 4.2 + 53 + 0 + 2 + 6 = 123.2

Orpik: 0 + 16 + 9.6 + 113 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 138.6

hmmm with your scoring system, I'd be tempted to go heavy into the peripheral blueliners... 0.5 for hit/bs is huge...

Phaneuf would be a monster in this format... 6 + 32 + 19.5 + 87 + 0 + 2 + 9 = 155.5

Franson available?
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Stud

Neither Phanuef of Franson are. I used to draft guys like Neil, Martin, and Clutterbuck but realized it was better to draft on pure talent. Yes they get you a lot of points but they'll never score, etc. Drafted Gudas this year and he's been through two owners already as his hits alone don't account for much.

Would you drop Keith for Josi or Carlson then?

Dobber Sports Expert

Well 1 thing you have to keep in mind is that who cares whether they score or not, it's about point output really... whether they get 3 points from a goal or 3 points from 6 hits/BS it's irrelevant really... It just seems so crazy when you break down that stats that Orpik can pretty much double the output in point production compared to Keith...

Yeah I would... I would probably go Carlsson cause you get a bit more point/peripheral potential, but if you've read the Nashville thread, I could see Josi going nutty in the 2nd half... if you want to swing for the fences go Josi... can't go wrong with either in this format.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaasquito View Post
    Well 1 thing you have to keep in mind is that who cares whether they score or not, it's about point output really... whether they get 3 points from a goal or 3 points from 6 hits/BS it's irrelevant really... It just seems so crazy when you break down that stats that Orpik can pretty much double the output in point production compared to Keith...

Yeah I would... I would probably go Carlsson cause you get a bit more point/peripheral potential, but if you've read the Nashville thread, I could see Josi going nutty in the 2nd half... if you want to swing for the fences go Josi... can't go wrong with either in this format.
    I'm torn here. Part of me thinks Carlson's pace is unsustainable (and flip-flopping between running the PP and not) but at the same time I think Josi is due.

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeah I get the same feeling, the thing is Carlson does flip flop... and going from Ovy/Backstrom/Brouwer/Ward/Johansson... to a Kuznetsov/Ward/Laich/Bura unit is a big drop off...

Josi is a bit more stable as he's always with Weber/Fisher/Forsberg/Ribeiro or Neal... where the major issue is Nashville seems to run 2 equal PP units with the Wilson/Smith/Ribeiro or Neal/Jones/Ellis also getting pretty equal time... If it leans more towards the Josi/Weber unit to maybe a 60-40 65-35, I could see Nashville being much more productive on the PP.

I dunno go with Josi, if he doesn't pan out there's always other options...

Dobber Sports Deity

At first, when I read the title, I was thinking there was no way but after looking at your scoring setup I can see why you are considering it.

I think I'd drop Keith for either Josi or Carlson. I am more confident in taking Josi but I think either will be a better option for your league and your team than Keith.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Interesting post. A guy in our league just put Keith on the market. It's a deep league with hits and blocks. After a day or so he contacted me, presumably since I am Hawks fan, wanting Leddy and Tatar. I quickly said no thank you.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov