Thread: Help me choose a 2nd goalie (Hutchinson, Pickard, Hiller, other)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Help me choose a 2nd goalie (Hutchinson, Pickard, Hiller, other)

I'm in an 8 team league, where most owners have 3 goalies. A few 4. Currently, I only have 1. I was trying to have a major skater advantage during the week where Yahoo has a 1 game minimum for goalie starts. But when Rask gave up 3 goals and a fairly weak SV%, I think it's time I get at least one more G. Our goalie categories are W, GAA, SV% and SO.

One important thing to factor in is that this is an important week to me, and I'd like to steal a few goalie categories. My opponent is trying to pick his goalie start strategically until Saturday. The perfect scenario would be a goalie who has a strong chance of winning this week so that I can pull the wins category.

The guys I'm considering are:

- Hutchinson (plays @Min) on Saturday. Has been hot lately, but I'm worried about Win's depleted Defense corp
    - Hiller (plays @home against EDM) on Saturday. Not sure how much I trust the flames, but saw on Leftwinglock that his PK SV% this year has been really low, which means he might be due for some luck
    - Pickard (plays @home against Chicago). He's been hot too, but Varly is back and I worry that Colorado gives up a ton of shots and don't think he's likely to sustain his current performance
    - I've also considered going with a backup goalie like Martin Jones or Cam Talbot who have been putting up good numbers. To do this, I would likely wait and see if anyone gets announced Friday - but while this might give me a nice advantage that day it would be good to have a long term solution

Someone help. Clearly I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and I'm still at an impasse.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Help me choose a 2nd goalie (Hutchinson, Pickard, Hiller, other)

From that list, I'd go Hiller
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you going to take a shot for this week only then I think Hiller is the call. Into the future, I think you have a debate between Hiller and Hutchinson - not sure which way I would go there.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by STLkingsman View Post
    I'm in an 8 team league, where most owners have 3 goalies. A few 4. Currently, I only have 1. I was trying to have a major skater advantage during the week where Yahoo has a 1 game minimum for goalie starts. But when Rask gave up 3 goals and a fairly weak SV%, I think it's time I get at least one more G. Our goalie categories are W, GAA, SV% and SO.

One important thing to factor in is that this is an important week to me, and I'd like to steal a few goalie categories. My opponent is trying to pick his goalie start strategically until Saturday. The perfect scenario would be a goalie who has a strong chance of winning this week so that I can pull the wins category.

The guys I'm considering are:

- Hutchinson (plays @Min) on Saturday. Has been hot lately, but I'm worried about Win's depleted Defense corp
    - Hiller (plays @home against EDM) on Saturday. Not sure how much I trust the flames, but saw on Leftwinglock that his PK SV% this year has been really low, which means he might be due for some luck
    - Pickard (plays @home against Chicago). He's been hot too, but Varly is back and I worry that Colorado gives up a ton of shots and don't think he's likely to sustain his current performance
    - I've also considered going with a backup goalie like Martin Jones or Cam Talbot who have been putting up good numbers. To do this, I would likely wait and see if anyone gets announced Friday - but while this might give me a nice advantage that day it would be good to have a long term solution

Someone help. Clearly I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and I'm still at an impasse.
    pickard got shipped back to the AHL... so that is a NO GO.

I'd say Hiller. EDM is a good team to assume a choke. What else is available?
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -