Thread: Sekera vs Stralman

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Sekera vs Stralman

Stralman has gone cold as ice and Sekera is starting to slowly turn things around. One year league with limited moves, Bfyuglien getting D back is giving me the option of dropping one of these two and replacing them with a much more productive forward.

Which one should I keep?

Stralman is getting 20-22 mins every night still but 5 points in the last 22 games is atrocious.
    Sekera has 4 in the last 4, and is getting 20-22 mins as well. 4 points in the past 4, and has the better past history.

Stralman does also have that +/- boost, along with a slight PIM and SOG addition. I just can't have him doing zero for points right now.

Tough choice. Neither is a great option but would love to hear some thoughts.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Sekera vs Stralman

stralman is better for peripheral stats, but has less of a chance to put up points, with all the competition for prime powerplay time, Sekera on the other hand has almost no one pushing him for PP time.
    saying that for me its Sekera if you need more points, I just like his opportunity more in carolina
    Stralman if you are lacking in peripheral and don't mind him only reaching 25-30ish points
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Ninja

Under the point system used in this particular league the peripherals would only give a slight edge if things were awfully close with points, so that's a helpful way to frame things! Thanks!

Dobber Sports Stud

no problem, and knowing that I would definitely go with Sekera, IMO he can probably get close to 40 points if Carolina can keep turning out performances like the one against the leafs.
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I let Stralman go a few days ago, Doulos. Hedman's return neutered Stralman. I like the move to Sekera.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks Shoeless. I just did the deed. He was great for that stretch but time to move on. Thanks for the feedback!